4.2K     5 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 1.9K     2 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 667     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
why is anyone surprised that Mohamed Farah's charges were dropped?

Stop obsessing over every little thing and go out for a bike ride or a swim or something! Summer ain't forever!

No sign of Rob Ford yet, but I haven't yet driven by every house and peered in to see if the lights are on. :p ;)

(don't worry khristopher; Robbie is safe for a few more days...)

:)

I remember a few of you posted last week about getting a call re: poll that was Ford slanted. Look at one of the posts from the comment section of Don Peat's latest Sun article (Ford Denies he'll run for Ward 2........)

"The Ford's did an internal last week that had Rob Ford's support below 20%. They are now actively discussing Doug running and Rob returning to his old council seat. Despite what they are saying publicly they are close to the point of acknowledging that Rob has very little chance of victory."

Hmmmmmmmmm.

Doug running as mayor? Then the Canadian Kennedys might get an even lower support percentage. Rob still has a bit of that Chris Farley charm when he's displaying the 'Robbie' persona. That video of him climbing the playground shows he might have been less than truthful with the toe injury. But he looks at ease among the young kids, maybe because he's among his peers. He really is a big kid in a lot of ways. A bratty, spoiled, and bullying kid with a lot of issues, but on rare occasions, a sliver of simple simon kind of kid.

But Doug? No one really likes an angry, threatening, bad used car salesman smile, patronizing jackhole. (oh and a serial liar to boot.)

Weird that I haven't heard FoFam commenting on the Project Traveller charges being dropped from some of the players, maybe they don't want to remind the public of any connection. I would've thought Thug would be crowing triumphant by now.

Last edited:
Re potential Etobicoke "private" Ford Fest locations: how about St. Georges Golf & Country Club? Unless he's cracked into persona non grata there (or the typical Ford Fest crowd is too grubby for St Georges types).

Otherwise...well, back to the ol' Toronto Congress Centre, though an "indoor" fest might not sit right with the Fords...or, maybe, Woodbine, which has plenty of space to thrash about in now that Woodbine Live! is toast...

I remember a few of you posted last week about getting a call re: poll that was Ford slanted. Look at one of the posts from the comment section of Don Peat's latest Sun article (Ford Denies he'll run for Ward 2........)

"The Ford's did an internal last week that had Rob Ford's support below 20%. They are now actively discussing Doug running and Rob returning to his old council seat. Despite what they are saying publicly they are close to the point of acknowledging that Rob has very little chance of victory."

Hmmmmmmmmm.

I get the feeling a lot of this is Nick Kouvalis stirring up shit.

Also, everyone here is really desperate to make something out of nothing. they said Mikey's a pilot!!! Renata is at an event with Rob!!!!! -- something must be going down!!! Probably nothing is going down and these are just everyday events, like Doug lying. Stop obsessing over every little thing and go out for a bike ride or a swim or something! Summer ain't forever!

P.S.: I am on vacation. :p
P.P.S.: I am in Collingwood. No sign of Rob Ford yet, but I haven't yet driven by every house and peered in to see if the lights are on. :p ;)

(don't worry khristopher; Robbie is safe for a few more days...)

:D

Have a good vacation, Kat.

If it happens it isn't going to happen quick...Graphic Monthly "Gold List 2013" has Deco at 36M in sales for 2012 #33 in Canada...haven't seen the list for 2014 yet though

Sales are only a portion of the picture. Net revenue/profits are even more important. You can have $36M in sales but the sales cycles is long so customer retention is also very important. Would be interesting to see whether sales and retention have been increasing, decreasing or staying steady. That will tell you a lot more about the health of the company than sales alone.

I expect that the dirty politicking is just starting and that the Tory camp (with Kouvalis) will be leaking stories and doing whatever they can to make Rob drop out of the race. If Rob drops out, Tory will likely win. If he stays in, Chow wins. Because of this, and because notorious dirty campaigner Kouvalis is on the job, if anything gets leaked to the media I would bet money that it came from them. I would also bet that Tory's camp has eyes and ears everywhere they can. Tory will be the cause of Ford's downfall (well Ford will be the cause of Ford's downfall, but it will come at Tory's hands).

I expect that the dirty politicking is just starting and that the Tory camp (with Kouvalis) will be leaking stories and doing whatever they can to make Rob drop out of the race. If Rob drops out, Tory will likely win. If he stays in, Chow wins. Because of this, and because notorious dirty campaigner Kouvalis is on the job, if anything gets leaked to the media I would bet money that it came from them. I would also bet that Tory's camp has eyes and ears everywhere they can. Tory will be the cause of Ford's downfall (well Ford will be the cause of Ford's downfall, but it will come at Tory's hands).

When you think about how much they know individually, and then combine those forces? Tory being a longtime "trusted" friend, and Kouvalis being the political gladiator.....I'm drooling a bit... Not gonna lie.

I get the feeling a lot of this is Nick Kouvalis stirring up shit.

I thought the same...until I saw the poster was Maddogy2012. Doesn't he normally espouse progressive views? Like quite consistently? As dirty as he is, I really don't think Kouvalis could fake it for so long. Having said that, it does make me wonder how the poster would have access to such information. Seems doubtful.

And yet having said that, I'm inclined to believe Ford really is polling under 20%. I'm eager to see an EKOS poll on the mayor's race. I just don't believe the numbers coming from Forum "we only call landlines" Research.

I want to go on record as saying that I would absolutely love to see DoBro run for the Big M and I don't think it's that far-fetched. One good video drops (and he's due) and that's all they have I suppose. I'd make so much popcorn.

Sales are only a portion of the picture. Net revenue/profits are even more important. You can have $36M in sales but the sales cycles is long so customer retention is also very important. Would be interesting to see whether sales and retention have been increasing, decreasing or staying steady. That will tell you a lot more about the health of the company than sales alone.

Annnnnd... don't forget that these industry numbers are generally self-reported. The folks in charge at Deco would never lie about anything like that, right?

DOFO should run for mayor!

Then KD,the Globe, ddale, Doolittle....etc can expose his skeletons. Where's that G&B story again!

Mmmmmm bangers and hash.....errr mash!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back