45     0 
News   Jun 17, 2024
 673     0 
News   Jun 17, 2024
 417     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
why the f would you spin a question about a child's death into a smack at Eglinton Connects?
Because he didn't have any notes on the child's death. Had to resort to talking points..... He may have just crossed the line (again).

Rob Ford just used the death of a little girl in Leaside as a platform to rail against Eglinton Connects. He is a monster.

jesus, the media should quit fluffing him on this alcohol BS. nothing's going to come of re-asking it.

instead, ask him why he abdicated his duty on Waterfront TO and why he's campaigning at city hall.

jesus, the media should quit fluffing him on this alcohol BS. nothing's going to come of re-asking it.

instead, ask him why he abdicated his duty on Waterfront TO and why he's campaigning at city hall.

Agreed. They should have been nailing him on his dereliction of duty when it came to Waterfront TO oversight. He's been the fucking mayor for the last 4 years!!!!

I don't want to be a media apologist, but in fairness to them, even when they ask tough questions, he doesn't answer and he deflects.

very much agree, and it must be an excruciating job. but they're playing right into the 'rob as victim' narrative right now, and they're making his drunkenness the big issue. i think most of us here agree that Ford would be a crap mayor even stone sober - hammer the guy on his judgement, on his dereliction of duty, on his corruption, etc. etc. . .

I don't want to be a media apologist, but in fairness to them, even when they ask tough questions, he doesn't answer and he deflects.

Showing that he deflects is important.

very much agree, and it must be an excruciating job. but they're playing right into the 'rob as victim' narrative right now, and they're making his drunkenness the big issue. i think most of us here agree that Ford would be a crap mayor even stone sober - hammer the guy on his judgement, on his dereliction of duty, on his corruption, etc. etc. . .

You know what, I have a feel that the majority of Torontonians wouldn't care if he get victimized now.

AoD

Showing that he deflects is important.

AoD

Well, I think that's pretty well established by this point.

Did someone not post earlier today that Bob was still RoFo's sobriety coach? And yet Rob said today that he had moved on?

I actually am not sure why they would have an issue with the article. He did not speak about his experience with Ford. He talked a bit about his own experience (skirted around, actually) with substance abuse and discussed what a sobriety coach does. One would think that anyone who is benefiting from such a service would be happy to educate the public, and recovering addicts, about its helpfulness. Most people I know who have experienced any kind of difficult time (addicition, mental health, bed bugs, loss, etc) have been more than willing to share their experience, what they learned, and what was helpful to them.

I am starting to wonder if it was Bob who decided that it was time to move on, and not the Ford brothers?

You know what, I have a feel that the majority of Torontonians wouldn't care if he get victimized now.

AoD

Yep, he's shown no contrition, just more barreling ahead with lies and insults.

The press should hammer him mercilessly on his past dereliction of duty, the fact he admitted to Wormington he was too hungover to show up before noon etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back