583     0 
News   Jun 17, 2024
 383     0 
News   Jun 17, 2024
 554     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
This link to an article back in April, 2011 in the National Post has this little bit of information:

For his part, the Mayor doesn’t appear to have much time for the agency. After being elected, Mr. Ford asked to retain a seat on the Waterfront Toronto board, a spot negotiated by his predecessor, David Miller. But he has skipped both board meetings the agency has held since he took office — in February and March — and also skipped a “strategic board session” that Waterfront Toronto held in March.

When John Campbell, the chief executive of Waterfront Toronto, has come to City Hall, he has met the Mayor’s brother, Doug Ford, and his chief of staff, Amir Remtulla, but never with the Mayor himself.

Mr. Campbell insisted he reads nothing into Mr. Ford’s absence from board meetings, which a spokesperson from the Mayor’s office said was due to scheduling issues.

“It’s a standing invitation,” said Mr. Campbell. “This is fairly typical that it takes them a while to decide who’s going to sit where. The Mayor has got a seat on our board. We have briefed them on what’s happening with our development deals and they are eager to see those go forward.”

Someone, reporter or "taxpayer", should ask Rob Ford, "how many Waterfront Toronto meetings did you, personally, attend"?

Last edited:
https://twitter.com/lukewsavage/status/489842052922765312

Link above is to this chart, which is too large, and thus comes out too compressed, to read below:

Screen Shot 2014-07-17 at 2.48.58 PM.jpg

Guess which 5 are 100% blue (= voted with Ford). (Nah, too easy.)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-07-17 at 2.48.58 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-07-17 at 2.48.58 PM.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 632
Interesting that both robbie and douggie have decided to refer to themselves in the third person at the same time.

@goldsbie
Rob Ford: "I'm as sober as a judge." Hold on to that one for later.

Is Goldsbie dropping a slight hint here, perhaps lending credence to MM's suggestion that other high profile officials are implicated?

Well, I think that's pretty well established by this point.

Did someone not post earlier today that Bob was still RoFo's sobriety coach? And yet Rob said today that he had moved on?

I actually am not sure why they would have an issue with the article. He did not speak about his experience with Ford. He talked a bit about his own experience (skirted around, actually) with substance abuse and discussed what a sobriety coach does. One would think that anyone who is benefiting from such a service would be happy to educate the public, and recovering addicts, about its helpfulness. Most people I know who have experienced any kind of difficult time (addicition, mental health, bed bugs, loss, etc) have been more than willing to share their experience, what they learned, and what was helpful to them.

I am starting to wonder if it was Bob who decided that it was time to move on, and not the Ford brothers?

Yes, I'm pretty sure it wasn't the article that sent the sobriety coach off into the sunset.

I would suggest three far more plausible scenarios:
1. Rob fired him for trying to talk him out of getting in a bad situation (e.g., having just one drink, visiting 15 Windsor, etc.)
2. Bob quit because Rob got violent with him
3. Bob learned that Ford had no intention of staying sober, that the whole thing was just for show, and left

So just to recap, Ford's actually got a seat on the board of Waterfront TO, and the director of Waterfront TO has come to City Hall to try to meet with Ford, but Ford's never been to a board meeting or made an availability?

And now he's complaining about them?

And the assembled media nodded and then asked him if he was drunk?

@goldsbie
Rob Ford: "I'm as sober as a judge." Hold on to that one for later.

Is Goldsbie dropping a slight hint here, perhaps lending credence to MM's suggestion that other high profile officials are implicated?

I doubt it. Pretty sure he's just banking on a relapse like most everyone.

Well, I think that's pretty well established by this point.

Did someone not post earlier today that Bob was still RoFo's sobriety coach? And yet Rob said today that he had moved on?

Yes, but it was DoFo that said it, so obviously it was a lie.

Also, connect the dots - if one can't be paid enough to deal with clients like RoFo at rehab - per the Greenstone piece, just imagine what he is like right now?

AoD

There should also be no spaces adjacent to the em dash. That said, hyphenating an em dash is pretty common these days, and dates back to the inability to find-an-effing-em-dash on old computer keyboards. Those with Macs or an in-depth knowledge of ASCII codes should receive extra beatings however.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back