33     0 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 859     1 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 1.7K     3 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
So apparently Ford proclaimed today "Chemistry Education Day".

I feel like somebody at the City must be pulling my leg. You really can't make this shit up.

A meth lab demonstration, perhaps?

A celebratory Chemistry Education Day quiz, then:

Explain the following reaction:

Coc-H+Cl− + NaHCO3 → Coc + H2O + CO2 + NaCl

Answer easily obtainable via google and fairly obvious.

I'll drive off that bridge when I come to it.

Hey, old timers (such as me). Remember this parody of the VW "it floats" ads from the National Lampoon?

Screenshot 2014-07-14 14.02.30.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot 2014-07-14 14.02.30.jpg
    Screenshot 2014-07-14 14.02.30.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 646
Here is another article, more balanced. Still interesting.
Talking about Ford's week, last week.
http://www.insidetoronto.com/news-s...upporters-reminded-of-why-they-voted-for-him/
THE CITY: Mayor Ford’s supporters reminded of why they voted for him
York Guardian
By David Nickle

I don't buy David Nickle's argument. While core supporters will continue to rally round mantras such as stopping the gravy train, saving taxpayers money, and sticking it to those uppity downtowners, my guess is that boiling anti-gay anger is not necessarily a shared belief of the core. For some, definitely - the Pride flag kerfuffle had support. But many Ford voters will have LBQT friends, acquaintances, colleagues and neighbours who don't destroy the neighbourhood and break SUV windows: for these pro-Forders, Raving Iola and her kind are more likely to damage the Ford brand.

So apparently Ford proclaimed today "Chemistry Education Day".

I feel like somebody at the City must be pulling my leg. You really can't make this shit up.

A meth lab demonstration, perhaps?

"See, you need to know some basic chemistry here folks.
For example, baby powder, and nose powder.

It just makes financial sense, you don't want to get ripped off out there.
I'm just looking out for the little guy.

Some of these councillors, I mean they wouldn't know
oregano from the real primo stuff you know. It's madness.
I'm the only one that will stand up and say, guys, I know where we can score
a kilo of the good stuff, and under budget."

edited addition: Pure, 110% satire. No one real, living or deceased has ever said the above paragraphs.
Any similarities to anyone ever, is purely co-incidental.

Last edited:
I don't buy David Nickle's argument. While core supporters will continue to rally round mantras such as stopping the gravy train, saving taxpayers money, and sticking it to those uppity downtowners, my guess is that boiling anti-gay anger is not necessarily a shared belief of the core. For some, definitely - the Pride flag kerfuffle had support. But many Ford voters will have LBQT friends, acquaintances, colleagues and neighbours who don't destroy the neighbourhood and break SUV windows: for these pro-Forders, Raving Iola and her kind are more likely to damage the Ford brand.

Yeah, calling people "f**king f*ggots" while wearing a Ford shirt is something.

Yeah, calling people "f**king f*ggots" while wearing a Ford shirt is something.

If that ever made mainstream airplay, dollar to donuts Thug will say she's an obvious plant\shill from rival candidates.

Because, no one, absolutely no one has done more for etc etc, you know the drill here by now folks.

Forget slogans - they require understanding and brainpower. There is nothing that would solicit a more visceral reaction than showing someone the 3 video clips of him misbehaving (i.e. the murder death kill rant, the Steak Queen rant and the no starvation rant) - they are utterly indefensible from any perspective (and fools can try to do that and fail miserably because the revulsion is an emotional reaction)

AoD

Marier has been clean 10 years, but yet was arrested for assaulting a gas station owner for urinating near the property 8 years ago.

So either he hasn't been clean for 10 years, or he is walking around supposedly in recovery but still urinating in public.

Screenshot 2014-07-14 14.23.03.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot 2014-07-14 14.23.03.jpg
    Screenshot 2014-07-14 14.23.03.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 730
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back