News   Jul 17, 2024
 747     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 1K     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is excellent:

If full-strength purple Jesus Ford is too much for now -- like Idiocracy's President Camacho -- will Ford Lite be next on the mayor menu?

President Camacho at least had a few good qualities going for him.

- He does genuinely wants to help the people.
- He does listen to Joe, even took a chance on him when the 'stop using brawndo' plan didn't succeed at first glance.
- He retired gracefully, and endorsed Joe for the presidency.

What scant quality that Ford might have had a long time ago, IMO is rapidly being flushed down the toilet.
Moderates who supported him are probably long gone. Only the nutbar fanatics are left.
Yeah Ford is still getting selfies requests. But there also more disapproving comments instead of just 'cool! you got a selfie with mayor cracky!'
I do notice there are increasingly, 'ew...why would you get a pic with him?' as well.

Maybe after the election, if he loses ie: All the leftist commie unions fault.
Ford can pursue his real dream. Go to Hollywood. Stand outside Graumanns
Chinese theatre and sell selfies for 20$.

ETA: maybe the "Stick it to the Man" people belong at the top of the "Misplaced Loyalties" list, 'cause they stickin it to their fellow man instead.

Yep. Never underestimate the "cut's own nose to spite someone else's face' factor.

- He does listen to Joe, even took a chance on him when the 'stop using brawndo' plan didn't succeed at first glance.
- He retired gracefully, and endorsed Joe for the presidency.

What scant quality that Ford might have had a long time ago, IMO is rapidly being flushed down the toilet.
Moderates who supported him are probably long gone. Only the nutbar fanatics are left.
Yeah Ford is still getting selfies requests. But there also more disapproving comments instead of just 'cool! you got a selfie with mayor cracky!'
I do notice there are increasingly, 'ew...why would you get a pic with him?' as well.

Maybe after the election, if he loses ie: All the leftist commie unions fault.
Ford can pursue his real dream. Go to Hollywood. Stand outside Graumanns
Chinese theatre and sell selfies for 20$.

Points taken about President Camacho! :)

Remember the Doug Ford Stories about turning down offers from one or more reality TV shows?
Of course reality TV is not their style. Too spontaneous, and it involves reality.
They're writing a superhero flick and the crew is shooting a comedy.
It wouldn't end well.

OTOH, remember Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous? Robin Leach taking people through houses and hang-outs of the rich and shameless?

I see RoFo being a host of tours through the suburbs of the western world. Hosers-with-bux, cashed-up bogans, trash-white, card-platinum situations. Huge suburban houses worth millions with basement bar pole dancers. 6-car garages, all with grease pits and a big-ass flat-screen TV. Hot hangouts.

Doug could be a special guest every second episode, maybe as a neighbour yelling over the fence.

There are three main Ford camps:

1. Stick it to the man (screw the rich, screw the politicians)
2. Misplaced loyalties (I have a special interest that RF claims to support, but he'll probably end up doing the opposite)
3. Participatory fame (The Khardashian Complex)

Group 3 doesn't care about the politics, they just want a blurry pic and a story to impress their friends.
I think there's a 4th camp and that's the "Rob Ford fixed my porch and because of that I will support him no matter what" camp.

Remember the Doug Ford Stories about turning down offers from one or more reality TV shows?
Of course reality TV is not their style. Too spontaneous, and it involves reality.
They're writing a superhero flick and the crew is shooting a comedy.
It wouldn't end well.

"Gold, Jerry!, That's gold!" :)

Doug could be a special guest every second episode, maybe as a neighbour yelling over the fence.

Cameo appearance by Ms. Mcrobb.

*SFX of fender bender*

"Youhouuu!!111 Robbie! Guess who's here! Your little country monkey pumpkin!"

Cut to Doug's reaction shot, looking like he's about to have an aneurysm.

People just think the pictures with Ford are funny. They are not some grand statement on his politics or the way he presents himself.

Agreed....that kind of popularity has little to do with political/voting ideology.

Genuine Conservative thinkers will always gravitate towards the conservative candidate without fail. This time around they have a more palatable choice, so now we can identify the really stupid conservatives, because they are the ones still supporting Ford.

via John Furr
Bsevi-ACAAA6N5G.jpg

Attachments

• Bsevi-ACAAA6N5G.jpg
    Bsevi-ACAAA6N5G.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 897

- He retired gracefully, and endorsed Joe for the presidency. .

Listen to this man, I even came of retirement to rehabilitate Joe.

#ShirtlessRehab

Raids and Evictions = War on our Communities

Almost every week a Toronto Community Housing or low-rent unit’s door is kicked in, usually in the dead of night, usually with heavily-armed officers finding nothing but a terrified family and some weed. If they’re lucky they find more weed, maybe crack or a gun under a mattress -̶ in which case every male over 14, sometimes every female, is violently arrested, and all the cash, sometimes all expensive clothing in the house, is seized as ‘proceeds of crime’.

Those of us who’ve gone through this terror become used to the routine of cleaning up or replacing the broken furniture, strewn clothes and smashed windows. We get used to the holes in the wall, the knife marks in our mattresses (yes during a raid couches, chairs and beds are cut open), the scuffs on our walls and floors from police boots and flash grenades. Like any other people living under occupation, our oppression becomes normal. The truth is these are not examples of police ‘just doing their jobs’, they aren’t, as some youth put it, just ‘part of the game’. They are acts of war by cops and landlords against our communities, and they are getting worse.

http://basicsnews.ca/2014/07/raids-and-evictions-war-on-our-communities/

Celebrity is also now purely about attention and not any sort of value. It's all lies and manufactured envy designed to make money and have everyone look at you.

"It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous."

- ed tv

Has anyone else been the lucky recipient of a Robbie Robocall recently? Or am I the only one so blessed?

Robbie told me that he is the only one who has built subways although last I checked, they're not quite built lol. He goes on to say Tory and Chow would increase gridlock and tear up our streets to give us more headache with surface transport. Reelect him because he is the only one who will give you subways, subways, subways ....

Sheesh, that's some camping :)

Agreed....that kind of popularity has little to do with political/voting ideology.

Genuine Conservative thinkers will always gravitate towards the conservative candidate without fail. This time around they have a more palatable choice, so now we can identify the really stupid conservatives, because they are the ones still supporting Ford.

Ya, if it did we'd see a lot more selfies with Doug in them. Then again, people might be terrified to get too close to Doug. If he isn't happy with how the photo turns out bam! - suddenly he's investigating you.*

(*Doug, please don't investigate me for this joke.)

^^ no but I got a John Tory robocall a few weeks ago. :rolleyes:

I genuinely don't understand how robocalls aren't illegal.

People now have to get your consent to send you email (CASL) but they can set up a machine to make an unwanted phone call to you. The machine does the work while they sit with their feet up relaxing; you can't sit with your feet up relaxing after a hard day's work, because you have to get up and answer the damn phone. Then you are supposed to stand there like an idiot with the receiver against your ear while someone talks AT you (not TO you, since you can't respond, ask questions, or ask them to call back at a time that might actually be convenient to you), wasting your time (assuming you haven't hung up already)... :mad:

If you want to call 500 people a night, you should have to make each and every one those calls. Live and in person. One by one. And listen to what people have to say in response... for as long as they want to talk. No recorded message. No auto-dialer, either. You have to dial each of those numbers with your own fingers... one by one... on a rotary dial phone.

^^Further evidence the 'Do Not Call' list doesn't work. Theoretically, if you are on this list you shouldn't be getting unsolicited marketing calls and I would suggest that Robbie's call is just that - a call marketing himself.

And the gall really ... You have to listen to then but can't question them. Very presumptuous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back