442     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 975     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 1.1K     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like unwanted "junk" mail, wouldn't political ads be exempt?

Has anyone else been the lucky recipient of a Robbie Robocall recently? Or am I the only one so blessed?

Robbie told me that he is the only one who has built subways although last I checked, they're not quite built lol. He goes on to say Tory and Chow would increase gridlock and tear up our streets to give us more headache with surface transport. Reelect him because he is the only one who will give you subways, subways, subways ....

Sheesh, that's some camping :)

I'm blessed to have not been the recipient of his robocrap yet.

I think there's a 4th camp and that's the "Rob Ford fixed my porch and because of that I will support him no matter what" camp.

I think these are as much urban legend as anything. It's rare that I hear it first-hand, but more "he came and fixed my buddy's sister's broken streetlight". This leads me to believe that it's a few disseminated stories, rather than a frequent occurrence.

It seems he has risen to a new plateau in his own mind. It's no longer his place to be seen as if he is fixing things or returning calls to the little man. He no longer mentions that stuff. Now it is sufficient for them to have chances to see him, and if they are very lucky, be seen with him (maybe even get a glimpse of his necklace!). In his mind, just gracing them with his presence (ball games, festivals, etc.) is above and beyond the duties of a sitting king of CA's largest city.
I think these are as much urban legend as anything. It's rare that I hear it first-hand, but more "he came and fixed my buddy's sister's broken streetlight". This leads me to believe that it's a few disseminated stories, rather than a frequent occurrence.

Hi everyone, this is my first post, so be nice to me. :D Ford's Scarborough campaign office is across the street from where I live, as is the Taste Of Lawrence every year. I was getting souvlaki from one vendor and Ford Nation people were as well, the same ones who were at City Hall when he returned from spa-hab. They didn't seem to be the most intelligent people around were all older. It is rather embarrassing that people here supported him so much.

Not that it makes much difference, but I would love to see a new poll after Ford's disaster of a return.

Long live the new flesh!

I don't want to hear another fucking word from Doug, the Sobriety Coach / Fluffer, Joe Warmington or anyone else. I want to hear from Hizzoner.

Reading her tweets, she seems to want to be the Sun News Network version of Ann Coulter.

Yes. The cheap knock-off of Fox News' cheap knock-off of Coulter, whose MO simply is to think of what a very far-right commentator might say and then cube it so as to provoke outrage (e.g., Muslims should be barred from commercial airlines, in case one of them is a terrorist; they can use their flying carpets instead).

Last edited:
[h=1]Google Chrome plugin sends in the clown music when users search for Rob Ford[/h]
From The Star, at this link:

A McGill computer science student has written code that plays circus music when Google Chrome users read articles about Toronto’s mayor.
fordclowns.jpg

I use Firefox as my browser.

I would alternate that music with Star Wars—Darth Vader's Imperial March Theme music.

Attachments

• fordclowns.jpg
    fordclowns.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 795
Why do young people enjoy taking pictures with Rob Ford? Talking to my neighbours kids and friends they think he's cool. They think he a hilarious fool and funny. I think it's going to take some education telling these kids when or if they are voting to take in consideration the damage they will be inflicting the city if they are inflicting to their City.

On the bright side, kids don't vote - and they are taking photos with him because he is "funny" - in a Chris Farley sort of way.

And welcome videodrome.

AoD

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back