News   Jun 28, 2024
 5.7K     6 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 2.2K     3 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Old Mill Dealership

Second Sun article puts the Martino's location Dundas West of Runnymede. Almost straight across from his previously favourite LCBO (and the only place I've seen him outside his vehicle)/

It is also just down the street from the Old Mill Cadillac Dealership where they sell and service Cadillac Escalades. (Dundas West and St Clair intersect in that neighbourhood.)
MapOf Old Mill Dealership.jpg
Martino Brothers Auto Map.jpg

Attachments

• MapOf Old Mill Dealership.png
    MapOf Old Mill Dealership.png
    10.6 KB · Views: 522
  • MapOf Old Mill Dealership.jpg
    MapOf Old Mill Dealership.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 783
  • Martino Brothers Auto Map.jpg
    Martino Brothers Auto Map.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 778
Listen to this one from earlier this year by Russian Express.

Not sure if I understood correctly, but it sounded like a lady off camera said, "You are an angel".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RbuhQgAgwQ

I don't understand a word of Russian so can't help there. Anyways, felt a lot better after firing off a few emails regarding that TV infomercial. Truly disappointing.

AoD

he's sooo frustrating!!

"as soon as i go away, they go and spend a million dollars on rocks and umbrellas". as we all know, sugar beach was completed in 2010. (http://www.blogto.com/city/2010/07/sugar_beach_park_opens_on_torontos_waterfront/)

"they reduce lanes on eglinton from 5 lanes to 2 lanes" but, again as we know, the eglinton connects planning study has been in the works for the past two years. (http://globalnews.ca/news/1438104/eglinton-connects-planning-study-up-for-debate-at-city-council/)

i wish he was always corrected on the spot, but he seems to never be... soooo frustrating!!

i'd say he was stupid, but i know it's planned. that's the spin he has to give it to keep his poorly informed fans liking him.

eta: i forgot to include that he also looks like he's on some sort of stimulant during this interview.

Hey, I just fired off a complaint to Fairchild and gave a headsup to OC.

AoD

evvabeing - Thank you very much.

Do you know what time on May 12 you saved the copy? If the original post was 17 hours old when you saved the copy then it could have been on May 11 or May 12, depending on what time on May 12 you saved it.

Have you had any luck finding out who the person is or was behind the deleted user name Becky_BuckyBees?

Also, do you know if the [deleted] that shows on later copies of the thread means that the user name was deleted or, rather, that the account with that user name was closed/deleted? (I am not on Reddit and know nothing about how it works.)

i saved it at basically 3:30pm.

i tried to learn who becky_bucybees is, but can't seem to be able to. i found a becky blakey that is on pinterest under bucky-bee, but that's missing the 's', and she's in the states, so likely not the same person.

from what i can tell, becky_buckybees is still on reddit. they used to post from/about vancouver, and now toronto.

It is also just down the street from the Old Mill Cadillac Dealership where they sell and service Cadillac Escalades. (Dundas West and St Clair intersect in that neighbourhood.)
View attachment 29664View attachment 29665

Yes They added that address to the story after I called them out. I also pointed out to them the Dixon Rd location of same company but either (1) they ignored that and went with the first info received or (2) McRobb told them the address and they just had left that out of the first version. They said that they called Martino's but obviously in the singular and did not say which of the two locations they called.

i saved it at basically 3:30pm.

i tried to learn who becky_bucybees is, but can't seem to be able to. i found a becky blakey that is on pinterest under bucky-bee, but that's missing the 's', and she's in the states, so likely not the same person.

from what i can tell, becky_buckybees is still on reddit. they used to post from/about vancouver, and now toronto.

So posted around 10:30 PM on May 11th.

Yes that user is still on Reddit - posted as recently as this week. I too have not been able to see behind the user name. However perhaps someone who is on Reddit will contact the user, now that this story is circulating.

I agree that Ford needs to be confronted with statements that he will find it difficult/impossible to refute:

All your friends seem to be criminals

You lie about the tiniest things (juice throwing, etc.)

You complain about things you didn't show up to vote on

You take credit for things you vote against/don't vote on

You haven't found any gravy, because there is none

i'm not convinced they are separate people. orangeville is in dufferin county.

Have you read any of tomedic ( as in Toronto Paramedic ) posts?
http://www.reddit.com/user/tomedic99

"Where I live and work, TTC works fine, but a LOT of people aren't in that boat."

Tomedic is familiar with subway emergency procedures that no Orangeville Paramedic / volunteer Firefighter could possibly be.

Such as: "It only provides an indication that power is off. Transit Control cannot provide confirmation that power is off. That can only be done by an subway mechanic or a train crew via the indicator panel. Because of this, if there's a medical emergency or something else requiring intervention at track level, if you're going to help them, make damn sure you stay as close to the platform as you can."

"Next to those buttons there's a small door with a circular latch. Inside that door is an emergency telephone. Pick it up and dial 3555 to contact Transit Control's emergency number and tell them you cut power because someone went down to track level."

"It doesn't necessarily change the response, but that way the TCC will know they're responding for an unauthorized at track level, as opposed to a power cut for unknown reasons."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back