5.3K     6 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 2.1K     3 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 745     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with not simply repeating "are you homophobic" again and again, but I'd like the question phrased "why wouldn't you stand up to recognize organizers and volunteers who worked hard to ensure that a huge event that brings money to the city went off smoothly?"

Well, I'm definitely not saying that it isn't an important question. Just saying that at this point it's played out. The question you've posted above would be good to ask in a sit-down interview, if he ever does one of those again.

I'm suggesting a total change of gears - there's basically unlimited material out there, but how about something short and punchy:

"when was the last time you saw Sandro Lisi?"
"were you in a car accident in rehab?"
"when was the last time you used drugs?"
"did you help Apollo/etc broker deals with the city?"

Does anyone else think it's time for the media/protesters to change the channel on the 'homophobia' stuff? It seems to me that every thinking person in town knows where Rob stands on this, and his hard base aren't changing their minds. We're never going to get him to say, "yes, I'm a homophobe." Nor are we ever going to get a meaningful apology from him.

Why not pick some of the other - criminal, or unethical - stuff to work on? Business conflicts of interest, the return of Sandro, etc?
I think the time for questions is long past. Statements are in order, eg:
You are more loyal to drug dealer Lisi than to the citizens of the city.
Instead of crack now you're stoned on prescription drugs.
You went to rehab and learned nothing.
All your friends are criminals.

Last edited:
Doesn't matter what question is tossed Ford's way. There will be no answers today, no answers tomorrow. Posing for pictures to make himself seem less like an angry, revenge-filled monster is all he has left.

Not archived at all, apparently.

i saved a copy of the page on may 12th. this is what i have...

Rob Ford flees rehab, drives over grass field, smashes through fence (self.toronto)

submitted 17 hours ago by Becky_BuckyBees

I cannot reveal my sources but this is shaping up to be a big story developing overnight

10 comments

all 10 comments
best

[–]talford 5 points 14 hours ago

Is your source Metro Man?

[–]tomedic99 3 points 15 hours ago

Hmm, I was wondering what that call for a car vs fence was earlier. If true, wow.

[–]tethercat 3 points 13 hours ago

You can do better than that. If you don't want to reveal your source, whatever, but at least give details. You heard it on a police scanner, you caught it on video, your source was at the scene, your source saw it from an apartment above. The car was a rental, the car was stolen, the fence was wooden, the fence was barbed and with chain link.

Because, I'll tell ya, so far this hasn't been "a big story developing overnight".

[–]somethinghorrible 1 point 14 hours ago

Benny Hill called, he wants his reality back.

[–]Nogrim 1 point 21 hours ago

sad part is i could see this actually happening at this point

[–]IFreekinWish 1 point 17 hours ago

I Freeking Wish

[–]sir_fancypants 1 point 17 hours ago

Ford is in rehab on an in-patient basis. Why would he need to flee? This seems unlikely to be true, although I suppose stranger things have happened in Crazytown.

[–]Becky_BuckyBees -4 points 17 hours ago*

Robyn Doolittle are you on Reddit can I PM you?

[–]r3pr0b8Leaside 0 points 17 hours ago

@robyndoolittle on twitter

but i think she's off the toronto beat since she moved to the globe and mail

parent

[–]local_asylum 3 points 14 hours ago

she is still releasing Ford stuff.

parent

Last edited:
We need a photoshop of the Mayor wearing the chain of office in the bathtub STAT.

tubtime.jpg

Attachments

• tubtime.jpg
    tubtime.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 933
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back