News   Jun 28, 2024
 2K     3 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 727     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
‏@jpags 59s
Shouters are still shouting and drowning out - at least from here - speakers continuing on stage.
Great! Had I known about the Pan Am thing, I would have gone there today. So glad others were more on the ball!

And I bet there are no protestors there. RFMG folks? Any chance you could take your signs outside and just quietly display them? Otherwise, Ford will have two straight media events without opposition. That makes a story.

this isn't a Ford media event, it's a launch for Pan Am games, there's kids there waiting for a bunch of fun activities to start... I don't really think this is the place, but that's just my opinion.

BsRlfGlIYAIE6XL.jpg

Hahaha

marcusbgee 11:08am via Echofon
Doug Ford says the media should get a gay person to call Rob and ask him to come fix a pot hole for them. That would show he isn't a bigot.

Maybe I'm not remembering correctly, but didn't that happen once already, except it was a request for oxy instead of a pothole repair.

I love that sign. Saying "Gary Giroux" rather than "police" leaves DoRoFo no wiggle room to make it political by changing the subject to the police chief or "front-line" officers.

In my opinion, this is the best sign there ever could be.

Took a swing by nps. RoFo and DoFo are surrounded by uniformed and plain clothes city hall security. No cops, front line or otherwise. All of their staff are carrying cameras and taking pictures of the crowds including sobriety coach. A bit of a circus. Lots of boos but still lots of selfies.

You don't need a large crowd to make a difference - just one or two hecklers to keep up the bunker mentality.

I have the closed captions on, because I use them for watching French channels. In the clip of Rob speaking there was a whole lot of "(inaudible)" in the captions. Maybe that's a small victory.

They went to the reporter who said that they were waiting to see if Ford after leaving the stage would meet with "fans, er folks". So CP24, deep down, always entertainment reporters.

this isn't a Ford media event, it's a launch for Pan Am games, there's kids there waiting for a bunch of fun activities to start... I don't really think this is the place, but that's just my opinion.

If there are kids there, then Ford really ought not to be there. And yet there he is.

What lesson do you think kids learn when the Mayor, who has done everything they are told daily not to do, gets applauded when he appears in public? Kids learning about protest and that the Mayor is not 'getting away with it' is a worthwhile lesson.

All the more reason not to have RoFo there.

My own opinion is that "think of the children" attitude needs to go. There is nothing wrong with kids seeing a protest in action.

I didn't mean it like that at all. I'm saying he's a very small part of a much bigger all-weekend event. I actually don't like him getting the attention when he's really a footnote there. When he came out to the Canada Day parade with giant election signs in East York, got confronted and kids got upset by that scene, I was all for it. I don't have a "think of the children" attitude.

Protesters need to change tactics and start showing up wearing all kinds of chains around the necks. #legitimacy

I didn't mean it like that at all. I'm saying he's a very small part of a much bigger all-weekend event. I actually don't like him getting the attention when he's really a footnote there. When he came out to the Canada Day parade with giant election signs in East York, got confronted and kids got upset by that scene, I was all for it. I don't have a "think of the children" attitude.
I heard the same argument when people protested about Canadian Olympic athletes taking selfies with Putin. Bogus argument, imho. Putin was using the Olympics for his own PR purposes. Rofo is using Pan AM games for his own glorification. Stupid Pan AM organizers should have invited Norm Kelly to speak for Toronto instead of enabling and supporting a drug addict, drunkard, liar, wide abuser, criminal politician. What lesson do these althletes take from their organizers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back