Status
Not open for further replies.
mcrobb's last 3 tweets...

leeanne tweets.jpg

Attachments

• leeanne tweets.jpg
    leeanne tweets.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 901
Two things were highlighted for me this morning down at city hall.
1. DoFo strides into the mayor's office like its his own. I wonder if he even has ever used his own office?
2. TV reporters all piled on top of him when he came out to get his imbecilic reaction. Why does it seem like the media gives more air time to those loonie tune dudes than more rational people...say, people like us? I thnk that is why #shirtlessjogger is such a phenomenon. The majority of us have the same amount of outrage, but with the enabling media pandering to the problem, we are silenced.

only for storing Robbie's bottles! :p
doug_ford_and_hidden_vodka_on_cnn.png

mcrobb's last 3 tweets...

View attachment 29078

So, here's something that is bugging me: why did Rob only refund his net salary? The difference between his net and gross was still paid out by the city, and still ends up in his pocket as tax credits. His gross cost to the taxpayers for his two month leave, no including the employer portion of CPP and EI, would be in the neighbourhood of $29,500. So the poor diddums gets to keep the $14,000 in withholding tax credits?

I wonder why Doug has a photo of the Blues Brothers behind him. Does he like them? It's like being a teenager again and finding out your parents like the same bands as you do.

Last edited:
So, here's something that is bugging me: why did Rob only refund his net salary? The difference between his net and gross was still paid out by the city, and still ends up in his pocket as tax credits. His gross cost to the taxpayers for his two month leave, no including the employer portion of CPP and EI, would be in the neighbourhood of $29,500. So the poor diddums gets to keep the $14,000 in withholding tax credits?

Interesting question. Possibilities:
1. Ford Math
2. Bad professional advice from a homie
3. It's less than Mamms' $80K. OK, so it's not perfect...

It may not come outta the wash that way, if all bookkeeping is correct. Wouldn't the city treat this as an accounting reversal, and change RoFo's status to LNP (leave-no-pay)? In that scenario, wouldn't the city request a tax refund on the withholding tax paid out?

Paging casita ... (lit logo in the sky)

I wanna see Robbie docked for all the time he came in late or ditched due to a hangover.

I wonder why Doug has a photo of the Blues Brothers behind him.

They are on a mission from god. :p

Last edited:
Good article from Matt Elliott about what happened yesterday in council:

"The incident goes to the heart of why Ford is unqualified for his job. Even if you can set aside the drug use, the police investigation, and the sexist/homophobic/racist stuff, he’s never demonstrated an ability to get anything done. He refuses to argue issues based on the facts. In the end, all he seems to care about is making it known that he’s opposed to things."

http://metronews.ca/voices/ford-for...-the-public-debate-and-wastes-everyones-time/

exactly!

he drags down the quality of the public debate. He makes things worse just by being at city hall.

[...]

And in the end, I just don’t get what purpose any of it serves. As a result of the mayor and his brother’s total disregard for the facts, Waterfront Toronto’s reputation is tarnished — at least in the eyes of the remaining people who care about what the Fords think. But despite calling the organization a cancer, Ford didn’t bring forward any motions to fix it. He didn’t talk about an alternative way to develop the city’s waterfront. He offered no new ideas. He offered nothing.

[...]

After almost four years, the results of that kind of leadership are clear. It doesn’t result in savings or efficiencies. It doesn’t make Toronto a better place to live. It just wastes everyone’s time.

They are on a mission from god. :p

Too true to be good! :rolleyes: They may not have Bishop John Strachan, but they seem to have plenty of purple jesus and true believers. One broad church of the happy polka.

Back in the day, even before Triumph's first album, there was funky Toronto band called Sly & The Family Compact.

The Family Compact's motto was "Nemo me impune lacessit: No one provokes me with impunity."

"Don't f*ck with the F*rds" doesn't quite have the same cachet, mais plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose, eh?

Then there was the 1837 Rebellion of the Shirtless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back