4.2K     5 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 1.9K     2 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 667     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's video of the interview. Ford's words are much choppier there. It's clear that Warmington consistently cleans up Ford's quotes.

I know some of you think not clicking through to the Sun is important or meaningful, but if you're interested in the Ford saga I really do encourage you to go view this video they posted of Warmington and Ford. I don't quite know what to say in contrast to the interviews and the way he acted with other media. It's all quite weird. Joe and Ford's routine is more like a badly planned sketch comedy bit.

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/07/03/rob-ford-looks-like-a-new-man----but-is-hee

I don’t write columns for approval of other media, Twitter or political operatives. And to Ford’s credit, no matter how much I have badgered him or criticized him, he has never dodged me — even when the news is not good for him.

“You have hammered me for sure,” he said. “But you have also been fair.”

It is true. All sides of Ford’s behaviour have been covered in numerous columns.

I will let you, the voters, decide his fate. I do hope for him beating his demons though.

“I know what I did and I have apologized to the whole city for it,” he said.

There is, however, nothing wrong with those who are outraged by his behaviour not accepting that and heckling him. But there is also nothing wrong with those prepared to cut the guy a break and see if this attempt to straighten out his life is successful. I fall into the latter camp no matter how the press gallery or editorial writers feel about it.

Joe, how does it feel to be you? Kinda tough when Doug's fingers cross the small-intestine/stomach boundary, no? At that moment, it's hard to convince yourself that you're the independent mover and shaker you'd like us to believe in, isn't it?

Last edited:
Hammy
Big fan Dan. What is your take on Joe Warmington's 'journalism'? Do you or other journalists have any concern that he is making all of you look bad?

Daniel Dale
It's not my job to opine on Joe. There is a general consensus that his highly unique relationship with Rob Ford would make a great Ryerson Review of Journalism analytical feature.

"Lots of others, on council or in sports, entertainment and federal and provincial politics, have been given courtesies and considerations." Today's Worms column.

Expect to hear more of this from Doug, specifically naming public figures he considers to have addiction issues.

Its clear the Ford's have gotten high with other members of council. And Dofo has already come right up against using it as a way to threaten and intimidate people.

[video=youtube;TPaDBF5LFZk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPaDBF5LFZk[/video]

Rob Ford's Return (June 30, 2014 - )

I know some of you think not clicking through to the Sun is important or meaningful, but if you're interested in the Ford saga I really do encourage you to go view this video they posted of Warmington and Ford. I don't quite know what to say in contrast to the interviews and the way he acted with other media. It's all quite weird. Joe and Ford's routine is more like a badly planned sketch comedy bit.

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/07/03/rob-ford-looks-like-a-new-man----but-is-hee

Thanks. I totally agree that all should watch, Sun clicks or no Sun clicks.

I used to be skeptical about all the what-drug-is-Rob-on-in-the-interview speculation on this thread. Not so much, anymore; have at it, amateur pharmacologists.

Also, Warmington, WTF? Exactly what impression are you trying to make by pretending to scribble on a pad when your and Robbo's weirdnesses are being recorded with awesome digital audio/video technology?

Thinking back to my 2010-era "this will not end well" prognostications: remember that I thought in terms of the Soviet Bloc c1989 as to what all this might lead to.

Seems that's what's happening.

I'm a little surprised that Doug hasn't accused Killoran of being a pedophile. He runs around half naked and spends his days with impressionable teenagers. How could he not be?

Its clear the Ford's have gotten high with other members of council. And Dofo has already come right up against using it as a way to threaten and intimidate people.

[video=youtube;TPaDBF5LFZk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPaDBF5LFZk[/video]

deepend: Are you saying that Doug has been buying a number of councillors off with drugs, and then threatening to expose them?

hi thread
je3DSMl.jpeg

someone linked this and it is funny

I liked this one:

leftylover
Daniel, do you think that if we were talking about a woman mayor with an addiction and weight problem, that the Star would be as aggressive in their investigative reporting?

Daniel Dale
No. Mayor Ford's gender was definitely the main issue here, and our well-known anti-man prejudice explains why we wrote the stories that won the country's top award for public service journalism.

Somebody needs to get a hold of Melissa McCarthy's agent. I think we have her next hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back