373     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 493     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 1K     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm betting on resignation from the mayor's office, and a launch of a campaign for Councillor of ward 2.

I'm betting the complete opposite - he's a changed man,apologies for his drink problem, but that's all in the past, nothing about crack, gravy train, subways subways subways.

ETA: With a side order of "I'm cured of my drink and weight problem now, so I should have all my powers back."

Last edited:
i have been trying to find an example of doug's signature too, for comparison. i haven't found one yet, but i have learned that his site, http://dougford.ca/, is not working.

iIRC the fake letterhead of the earlier version of the parody Councillor Ford Twitter account is made from parts of a real letter with a real signature. (Perhaps you can search it out on that timeline.)

Running out of things to talk about it seems.

just wanted to quote this one for posterity. don't ever, EVER say that this thread is running out of things to talk about. it's been going on for years now, and every time we think it's running out of steam, the circus happily obliges and sends out another dancing bear.

as far as i'm concerned, rehab wasn't the 'end.' it was the 7th-inning stretch.

Speaking of Stintz, I contacted her office and spoke with her staff (about ward issues!) so she woooould have me on whatever list she has, but I haven't heard a peep from her, by email, post or phone.

Maybe she's not allowed to use her councillor stuff for her mayor campaign stuff?

I'm betting the complete opposite - he's a changed man,apologies for his drink problem, but that's all in the past, nothing about crack, gravy train, subways subways subways.

ETA: With a side order of "I'm cured of my drink and weight problem now, so I should have all my powers back."

The odds are in your favour... but think of it, which would be the smart thing to do, repeat something that didn't work several times before when "crying wolf", or pursue an action that can be achieved, that would support your new sobriety.

Last edited:
Maybe she's not allowed to use her councillor stuff for her mayor campaign stuff?

this is where i'm wondering if maybe doug has wrong-footed himself. essentially, he's saying that ford (as a mayor and maybe as a councillor) was logging information of people who contacted the mayor's office, and using for the ford campaign. this would mean that city staffers (who were being paid to be non-partisan civil servants) were in effect 'working' the ford campaign on city time.

but surely under ethics/COI rules, the political office and the campaign are separate entities, right? doug's saying that whenever you called city hall to ask about ordinance or get a pothole fixed, you joined the "re-elect rob" campaign list. at least at the federal and provincial levels you draw clear lines between the party and the government.

thoughts?

Last edited:
but surely under ethics/COI rules, the political office and the campaign are separate entities, right? doug's saying that whenever you called city hall to ask about ordinance or get a pothole fixed, you joined the "re-elect rob" campaign list. at least at the federal and provincial levels you draw clear lines between the party and the government.

thoughts?

Pretty sure it'd be a big no-no to use your councillor stuff to run for mayor. Maybe only if you were running for councillor in the same ward? Since technically those people did contact you.

It would make sense, which is why despite Stintz's office knowing *for sure* that I'm a constituent, I haven't heard a peep from her mayoral campaign.

But I do not work at City Hall and I have never read the ethics/COI rules (not my job to!) so I don't know! It would just SEEM off to me. Then again, if people called Rob the Mayor, and Rob is running for Mayor, I mean, that sort of makes sense.

Certainly someone who has actually read the applicable laws can give a definitive answer, I sure as hell can't.

But I can't imagine Stintz going to raid Rob's pantry before she has even raided her own. :p

The odds are in your favour... but think of it, which would be the smart thing to do, repeat something that didn't work several times before when "crying wolf", or pursue an action that can be achieved, that would support your new sobriety.

So the Fords will go with the opposite of smart, as usual.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...l-campaign-doug-ford-claims-1.2682319?cmp=rss

"I can't tell you how many rules have been broken on this one," said Coun. Ford.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!
Even if someone did take it and then give it to the Stintz campaign, good on them. Let's remember this gem:

“You guys have just attacked Kuwait,” Mayor Ford said a speech just prior to the vote on the special motion. “This is going to be outright war in the next election.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back