940     0 
News   Aug 02, 2024
 2.5K     2 
News   Aug 02, 2024
 1.2K     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
O.K., I'll do this, if no one else has started to, while vetting it's form here.
I'm at change.org and directing the petition at City Council....
Rename Douglas Ford Park in Etobicoke to Griffin Park...

Why is this important?...To demonstrate the inclusive and supportive nature of Toronto.
Add photo or video...

Rename Douglas B. Ford Park in Etobicoke to Griffin Park

Hmmm... now a nice cover letter should be composed.

Folks, at this point there's only one thing we can do…

Start a petition to rename "Douglas Ford Park" in Etobicoke to "Anthony Smith Park." Who's with me?

i'd sign the change it to anthony smith petition... but not the griffin park petition. it's kinda close to where anthony lived... and quite a bit further from the griffin centre.

After a long absence, Joyce Schertzer was back in TPS's homicide rotation this weekend. What do you think it means?

what absence?

i thought the project traveller and brazen 2 detectives were always working on other cases too. for example...

Both Det.-Sgt. Gary Giroux and Det. Joyce Schertzer were heading out of police HQ to work on an unrelated homicide case before courts.

10:22 AM - 5 Nov 2013

https://twitter.com/jpags/status/397790990964387840

There is just something that crossed my mind. A grown man who has driven drunk, had domestic calls to his house, and associates and purchase drugs from gang members is "only human and make mistake" but a artistic kid should be treated like a prisoner. Thanks Ford and his nation.

A lot of people are tweeting TPS about how did Doug get their personal information, also interesting that this hate mob took place in 23 division.

10320578_795198687156980_7526389422335766403_n.jpg

Attachments

• 10320578_795198687156980_7526389422335766403_n.jpg
    10320578_795198687156980_7526389422335766403_n.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 1,049
All of this "go tattle on DoFo to the integrity commissioner" talk is pretty weak. Won't lead to anything and won't change behaviours. If someone really wanted to piss off the Fords they should start a campaign to have Douglas B. Ford park renamed to something else. The patriarch of that train wreck of a family should take some responsibility for the Brothers Dim, and what better way than erasing him from the civic record. Rob and Doug would be apoplectic with rage, which would make for a beautiful sight.

That's an excellent suggestion, Animatronic. I actually had a similar thought not that long ago, i.e. that wheels should be put in motion to change the park's name once the Fords have been retired from public office once and for all. But your idea is far superior. You're entirely correct: This little plan would enrage the two bastards beyond belief, and, yes, it's far past time people dropped the normal deference to civility when dealing with the Fords. They've long since proved they don't deserve it.

So Doug claimed that the police gave him a minor's rap sheet? A minor that would be protected by the Young Offender's act? It's either bull or the police released information that they're absolutely not allowed to release.

Of course it's a lie. Never mind if it's legal or not. (Though I'm assuming "not.") Does Thug even have any allies left among the city's police force who'd furnish him with that kind of information?

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a dynamite read. March 15 2014
By C Hinds
Format:Kindle Edition
This book is a chilling yet fascinating read. The parallels to a certain current mayor of a major Canadian city are obvious, but what makes this book impossible to put down are the fictional aspects to this story, only because they seem so horrifyingly plausible. The end of the book made me literally break out in goosebumps. This novel is absolute dynamite. My only fear is that we may discover one day that Pearson's fiction was much closer to reality than we all realized.

http://www.amazon.ca/Me-Crack-Mayor-Gary-Pearson-ebook/dp/B00J0M80XS

I'm thinking that could mean he got a "rap sheet" (is that real thing? not just a TV cop thing?) for the address, not the people in it. But there would still have to be confidentiality issues with that, right?

As a lawyer, I can tell you that you generally have to bring a special application to a youth court judge to EVER get youth records released.

BTW put Lorne Honickman as another weasily lawyer (much like LeDrew) who has no idea what they are doing when interviewing somebody, as Honickman was filling in for another Ford buttkisser Oakley on 640. Not sure if they are horrible people or just really bad at interviewing.

I also not a big fan of "integrity commissioner" when concerning the Fords and is human right cases part of real civil/criminal court or are we talking about "some apology thing". The Ford's have no integrity, they would give some BS apology and then act like nothing happen.

I wish they could sue them for real, like a slander case or abuse of power or something like that. The only time that it seemed the Ford's were truly worried was when Dale push for the slander case against Ford (which a lawyer friend told me it was a sure win for Dale) and I think even then Dale allowed Ford off the hook.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back