197     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 836     1 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 543     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is supposed to be coming before the election.
[video=youtube;SwRDO7dDBHM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwRDO7dDBHM[/video]

Also: Watch exclusive clip from Rob Ford documentary
A documentary is in the works about our embattled Mayor Rob Ford. Tharanga Ramanayake, a former producer at CityTV, has been working on the doc since last August and has already compiled more than 55 hours of footage. He reached out to us today to share an initial clip featuring former Gawker Editor John Cook speaking about the time he viewed the notorious crack video. Watch the clip below:

That's exactly it. The Fords are painting rehab like it's a picnic where you get to choose your own treatment, and since Rob's an adult he can come and go as he likes. Now, I'm honestly not an expert and will have to defer to ThoughtArcade's knowledge on this, but wouldn't patients have to sign on to their treatment plan and agree to live by the rules of the rehab facility to even be accepted? They have to think about the health of the other patients as well as Rob's. Giving him special consideration and treatment can not possibly help the other people there who are actually committed to getting better (of course from the reviews maybe none of them are actually committed to it).

I mean, seriously, it hasn't been two weeks since he's entered rehab. According to the reports he was moved around and spent four days in a hospital, that would put his admit date as last Wednesday meaning he's only been in rehab for one freaking week. There's no way bills got far enough behind to make this an essential outing, and the drycleaning of the suit? Come on. I'm sure that Renata has access to a household account, there's no way Rob's always been the one paying the bills.

Sorry for the long quote, forums are murder on phones. In terms of what you say about rehabs, you're absolutely right -- that's how it SHOULD work, generally. Of course keeping in mind that rehab is not a mode or modality. It just means a place. There are no rules. There are a hundred different schools of thought.

So yeah, it should be like that, but most things don't work as they should.

A private lux rehab like that is often add lax as it is lux. Part of that is greed (make the client happy and they won't leave. More $$$) part of it is laziness. Part of it is arrogance.

As has been stated even Camh will allow supervised passes. And for what it's worth I think camh is a great place if you're having mental wellness related issues. I think it's little more than a joke for addiction however.

A private rehab portrays the sans way all businesses do. The customer is always right. Its what keeps paying the bills.

This is in response to TOBorn's request. Anyone wants their degree, PM me and I'll e-mail it!
DEGREE.jpg

Attachments

• DEGREE.jpg
    DEGREE.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 846
One explanation for Renata's appearance that no one seems to have posited is the kids.

This is a long weekend, and regardless of what's going on between Rob and Renata, a responsible parent wouldn't deny their children the chance to see their father.

My thoughts: Renata and her parents drove the Escalade and the Escape up to the cottage, dropped the kids off with grandma at the Ford Cottage Compound and one of the parents went with Renata to pick up Rob.

Last edited:
Wow, long day. So did anything interesting happen for the crackiversary?
/s

Okay I had to go past the cam-pain office today, so I stopped to take a fresh pic. Seems the lace is still there in the rightmost window, with the other two having the paper and signs. There were lights on, but it didn't look like anyone was home.

ford office 2014-05-16.jpg

that there looks like a drug deal going down is a bonus.

Attachments

• ford office 2014-05-16.jpg
    ford office 2014-05-16.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 847
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back