502     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 500     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 1K     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Especially, when it is a pass given on a universally recognized 'party' weekend like the May long weekend.

True. But in fairness, an addict of Rob's caliber doesn't need an excuse to get down with his bad self. It's sunny? Let's get high! It's raining? Let's get high! It's a day that ends in "y"? Par-tay!

So he did banking while out? Renata doesn't work, right? Maybe she had no access to cash to pay bills at home.

It would make sense. We would have made sure that those things were taken care of prior to entry. But he left in a hurry.

A couple of bills? Too much for Doug, the accountants at Deco, Randy, his mother or internet banking to take care of...

A couple of bills? Too much for Doug, the accountants at Deco, Randy, his mother or internet banking to take care of...

I was thinking more along the lines of pre-authorized payments that might have been in Rob's name.

Also, I have a strong feeling that money is very important to the Fords and that they don't share their financial situations. I get the feeling there is competition on that level.

What's yours is yours what's mine is mine kind deal.

As of 5 minutes ago Renata's car is not in the drive, nor as expected, is the Escalade. There is a Honda - no clue whose.

My question is: why does Rob need his car at rehab since clearly Renata has her's?

So guess what else is right by that plaza, an LCBO.............

Pet Valu
WEBSITE
2-500 Highway 118 West, Bracebridge, ON P1L 1T4

LCBO
505 Muskoka Road 118 West, Bracebridge, ON P1L, Canada
\

(I mapped the addresses, they are 1 minute apart)

Interesting, although I don't think it means anything, because Bracebridge is on the other side of the lake from Bala; there are a few LCBOs between Bala, and Bracebridge. Also the LCBO is on the other side of the street at the opposite end of the strip. It's hard not to be one minute away from it.

It's entirely possible they're taking the scenic route to the Ford family cottage in Huntsville, but it would have been faster, and more discrete for them to take the northern route.

What this has to do with the rehabilitation process is beyond me.

As of 5 minutes ago Renata's car is not in the drive, nor as expected, is the Escalade. There is a Honda - no clue whose.

My question is: why does Rob need his car at rehab since clearly Renata has her's?

The Honda would most likely belong to the person who drove the escalade up, which kind of puts the kibosh on the whole "third person being a rehab babysitter" thing, doesn't it? The people who saw him said specifically he was "the driver" which is what brings up the insurance issues. Would the rehab supervisor be allowed to drive Rob's escalade? When I worked at a non-profit, which didn't even have the liability of addiction issues, we were absolutely not allowed to drive client's cars, if we had to take a client somewhere it had to be in an approved, licensed vehicle (which was insured by the establishment, or if it were our own, had the insurance rigorously checked and we had to note km's, never in a client's car, ever).

People can argue to death that it "makes sense" (if you bend all reasonable knowledge and logic), this doesn't add up to me.

Per the LCBO, just thought the proximity to it was interesting, especially for a "recovering" (can you call it that after a week?) addict on a "day pass" from a rehab centre.

Last edited:
How does the divorce fit in? Seems Renata was sighted too...
some people throw the "d-word" at each other 10 times a day in arguments. Doesn't mean that they'll ever get divorced. And it doesn't mean that (after years of it meaning 'nothing') they won't.

Following up on this, what are peoples' thoughts on Towhey generally? I admit I'm kind of perplexed by his online persona, sometimes. Is he smug because he knows he'll never wear any of the crap that's going down? Is he really that loyal to Ford? He stills seems to want to tow the "flawed man, great policies" idea, which makes Towhey seem stupid to me. Is he really that stupid?
I don't know if he's really a Ford supporter in the FN sense. He likes fiscal conservatism but that doesn't have to be of the Ford variety. The ITO said other staffers considered Towhey to be 'the mayor' as far as actual work stuff was concerned. Robbie was just the face of it. Towhey probably sees Ford as a useful idiot. Towhey's dry wit and complex ideas would never make him a popular candidate. But if he could pull the strings behind a puppet... that would be his way in.

...I sincerely hope he gets busted in an OPP RIDE program this weekend. Drunk to the point of incomprehensible. Pockets full of coke. A hooker face down in his lap.
How about flipped over in a ditch? The hooker survives because she impacted into Ford's soft, marshmallow-like body. :p

get the license plate!

Per the LCBO, just thought the proximity to it was interesting, especially for a recovering addict on a "day pass" from a rehab centre.

The idea Ford had a lackey go to an LCBO is entirely probable, assuming he's not being chaperoned, and/or tested. I don't know much about rehab, but it seems to me that someone in as deep as Ford would take longer to get to a stage where he could be 'trusted', or presented with the option of being trusted.

I also think that the person who pointed out Ford's disregard to the other patients' privacy is spot on. It's easy enough to get some fresh air, and have some fun up there without going into town.

The idea Ford had a lackey go to an LCBO is entirely probable, assuming he's not being chaperoned, and/or tested. I don't know much about rehab, but it seems to me that someone in as deep as Ford would take longer to get to a stage where he could be 'trusted', or presented with the option of being trusted.

I also think that the person who pointed out Ford's disregard to the other patients' privacy is spot on. It's easy enough to get some fresh air, and have some fun up there without going into town.

That's exactly it. The Fords are painting rehab like it's a picnic where you get to choose your own treatment, and since Rob's an adult he can come and go as he likes. Now, I'm honestly not an expert and will have to defer to ThoughtArcade's knowledge on this, but wouldn't patients have to sign on to their treatment plan and agree to live by the rules of the rehab facility to even be accepted? They have to think about the health of the other patients as well as Rob's. Giving him special consideration and treatment can not possibly help the other people there who are actually committed to getting better (of course from the reviews maybe none of them are actually committed to it).

I mean, seriously, it hasn't been two weeks since he's entered rehab. According to the reports he was moved around and spent four days in a hospital, that would put his admit date as last Wednesday meaning he's only been in rehab for one freaking week. There's no way bills got far enough behind to make this an essential outing, and the drycleaning of the suit? Come on. I'm sure that Renata has access to a household account, there's no way Rob's always been the one paying the bills.

Ford shines a special kind of light on every institution he encounters, our own Chance the Gardener, developmentally delayed fantasy-fratboy version. Oblivious to the rules, he shows again and again how ineffectual the professionals are when someone doesn't stick to the script. His associates on council can draft new recommendations, whine to the Integrity Commissioner, get all huffy-moralistic but he keeps on doing what he's doing, running them over, grabbing all the attention, mucking up the works. The police will spend hundreds of thousands investigating, even hiring planes to watch him from above, but they prove powerless to confront him when refuses to answer their questions. The media will stand forever waiting outside his office, unable to drag the least admission of truth out of him but so needy of his celebrity that they allow him to play them for his own needs. So should we expect any different when he goes off to rehab? Seems like the managers or doctors or whomever there would be just as prone to bending to his bullheadedness as anyone else. Rob shows us the farce and absurdity behind the professional mask once again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back