341     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 760     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 1K     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Following up on this, what are peoples' thoughts on Towhey generally? I admit I'm kind of perplexed by his online persona, sometimes. Is he smug because he knows he'll never wear any of the crap that's going down? Is he really that loyal to Ford? He stills seems to want to tow the "flawed man, great policies" idea, which makes Towhey seem stupid to me. Is he really that stupid?

He's always felt like a strange character in this whole story, to me.

He's smug but I'm not sure if it's because he knows nothing will stick to him. He seems to be this weird mix of ex-military guy who thinks knowing what's right entitles you to yell at people who disagree and shady consultant who espouses destroying/eliminating things ostensibly to save money/reduce the size of government but ultimately in order to profit from what replaces them - disaster capitalism, like his proposal to abolish the TTC entirely. He seems like he could be trolling sometimes but he probably believes everything he says to be unassailably true.

Wheeee!!! Next up: major newspapers' stories about John Haines!!

I don't think John Haines is involved in it anymore. I think he was a partner, or something to that effect. I may be imagining this, But I thought it was owned by one of the owners (sons? not sure) of Leon's furniture. Shawn? Shaun? Something like that.

Last edited:
Something's definitely fishy. (I know, I know: Whoever could have seen that coming? :rolleyes:) But for me, the first question that leaps to mind is: How the hell did Thug manage to con the CBC into giving legitimacy to the Fords' claims that, yes, indeed, Slob was currently staying at the bestest rehab facility in all of Canada? Is this yet another example of a public watchdog allowing itself to be gulled and used by this family of blatant grifters?

Well, it did give the Ford family two weeks to re-energize this zombie campaign for mayor that just won't die.

How does the divorce fit in? Seems Renata was sighted too.

And let's be fair, Greenstone is a rehab facility. It just may not be the bestest ever or even all that great but a rehab facility it is. Too bad Ford isn't computer literate. He could do the program online lol.

Too bad Ford isn't computer literate. He could do the program online lol.
He's probably doing the online program, sitting on the dock at the cottage with a beer in one hand and a crack pipe in the other. Whee, look at me, I'm rehabbing!

Can I just say I love that Greenstone advertises its first class fitness facilities. You just know that Doug sold him on it being near the cottage and having an awesome gym.

http://greenestone.net/accommodations-amenities/fitness-recreation/

Following up on this, what are peoples' thoughts on Towhey generally? I admit I'm kind of perplexed by his online persona, sometimes. Is he smug because he knows he'll never wear any of the crap that's going down? Is he really that loyal to Ford? He stills seems to want to tow the "flawed man, great policies" idea, which makes Towhey seem stupid to me. Is he really that stupid?

He's always felt like a strange character in this whole story, to me.

Self-serving jerk with a misplaced sense of honour?

He stayed until no sane person would have stayed and then made light of all the things he did to put this guy in power and keep him there. Towhey is no idiot so I don't buy for a second that he didn't know who he was dealing with or that he was working to put an unqualified person in the mayor's chair because, like many others, he was more concerned with the fiscal agenda. He still is and that's why he can apologize for the rest of it and his role in it. I followed him on Twitter for a bit, enjoying the snark and ironic job-hunting quotes. The more ITO stuff I read etc., the more disgusted I became with he and the others that defended Ford even while it was clear, as far back as the campaign trail, he was disappearing for hours etc. Moreover, everything I've heard is that he was a bully the Fords sicced on councillors back in the days they actually had some sway at city hall.

He's no hero in this story, that much is for sure.

Last edited:
Truman ‏@SnidelyBacklash 43m
@StrashinCBC Many rehabs allow weekend pass after 2 weeks; a urine test is required upon return. Even CAMH allows this.

hahah this was funny
Phantom • 29 minutes ago
That's not Rob...it's Doug. Doug was handing out t-shirts to Toronto Residents in Bracebridge for the long weekend.

hahah this was funny
Phantom • 29 minutes ago
That's not Rob...it's Doug. Doug was handing out t-shirts to Toronto Residents in Bracebridge for the long weekend.

Lol, that had me in stitches.

If there were not any pictures available, I wouldn't be surprised if they used that excuse!

Since cat is out of bag ya I heard he's at greenstone

Pedro Marques @MetroManTO · 2h
Rob Ford's suspected rehab itinerary: Chicago > Therapist's home in High Park > Homewood Centre > Guelph hospital > Homewood > Ford cottage.

Now I don't know what to believe.

Pedro Marques @MetroManTO · 2h
Rob Ford's suspected rehab itinerary: Chicago > Therapist's home in High Park > Homewood Centre > Guelph hospital > Homewood > Ford cottage.

Now I don't know what to believe.

I, maybe like a sucker, still believe that the CBC vetted the Doctor they spoke to.

The two week get a pass thing doesn't check out with me. Since he said he had been moved to multiple locations and the doctor themselves said that he had been in a hospital for four days. Why would the rehab centre start counting from the Thursday and not from the day he officially checked in?

In fairness, Homewood was only ever mentioned by the people. Nobody with any power in the situation ever said anything about Homewood. Blundell doesn't count and Mammoliti is just insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back