1.8K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 1.4K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 755     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get that, but why do the charade at all if they don't think there's a problem. And if you are going to do it just for the optics, why the hell would you do it so haphazardly.

Because they think they are smarter than everyone else and have never faced any consequences for their actions before. Remember, these aren't normal people with normal reactions or normal impulses, applying what you or I would do in this situation will only leave you frustrated.

Because they think they are smarter than everyone else and have never faced any consequences for their actions before. Remember, these aren't normal people with normal reactions or normal impulses, applying what you or I would do in this situation will only leave you frustrated.

Maybe the whole point is chaos. Amalgamation was largely about destabilizing Toronto for Harris and the provincial cons, the fed cons noticed and thought it was a fine idea too...
Ford got elected with a lot of con support from outside Toronto, then the booze and crack and, and... took over and we have a pretty big distraction. Meanwhile Harper does what he can to shred all the federal agencies and institutions and Ford dominates the news...

Maybe the whole point is chaos. Amalgamation was largely about destabilizing Toronto for Harris and the provincial cons, the fed cons noticed and thought it was a fine idea too...
Ford got elected with a lot of con support from outside Toronto, then the booze and crack and, and... took over and we have a pretty big distraction. Meanwhile Harper does what he can to shred all the federal agencies and institutions and Ford dominates the news...

Now THIS is the kind of conspiracy theory I can get behind!

For Casita, the Bakers Dozen folks relocated themselves to Galaxy at Keele/Dundas (according to my teens, who also have a lot to say about the sleaziness of local businesses). It's been a wonderful improvement for Malta Park (where my 4 y/o likes to play).

Further discussion with my admittedly-unreliable 17 y/o - he still thinks that the girl who tweeted about Ford at Timmy's wouldn't be lying.

Thanks kbdid.

I bet the correctional centre will soon be re-located as well.

Thanks kbdid.

I bet the correctional centre will soon be re-located as well.

That would be nice, but then Galaxy would lose most of its clients. The area is full of other half-way and rooming houses that cater to former cons. I am very socially liberal, but it's too much when I hear my kids talk about who will buy booze/smokes for teens out of these places.

Re Ford, when my kid made a comment re crack in the Junction - he could name streets/locations where it's available. I wish the TPS would be as specific.

Thank God the Reds won tonight against Van City, because, apparently, everything else is still fucked.

Do you think that if I offered to show Doug how to drive his car off a cliff he'd be interested?

That would be nice, but then Galaxy would lose most of its clients. The area is full of other half-way and rooming houses that cater to former cons. I am very socially liberal, but it's too much when I hear my kids talk about who will buy booze/smokes for teens out of these places.

Re Ford, when my kid made a comment re crack in the Junction - he could name streets/locations where it's available. I wish the TPS would be as specific.

You're West End. But the Kids will wander. And when they do, this helpful review will help them negotiate 'Mayor Rob Ford's Toronto'. Olde-Schoole, Easte Ende Stylee. Goode tymes!

Wasn't so long ago you couldn't buy a drink in that area.

Want a glass of vino with your spaghetti dinner? Here's a can of Coke ( pop, that is. )

Last edited:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/234760196685986/?fref=ts

The Ford supporters are really something else. There is massive homophobia on this facebook page. They also want to get the sit-in booted out.

Not a Facebooker, so miss those comments, but as for tossing #RFMG, there are no grounds to do so, they operate well within the CH guidelines. The Ford Nationals are blowing sunshine. And I have it on good authority they are welcome to have their own sit-in, assuming they can keep within the rules while doing so.

“Every time certain people start acting up it comes right back to life,” Det.-Sgt. Giroux said.

I can guess who he means by "certain people acting up" but, the "back to life" part is interesting. Makes it sound like the investigation, although officially still active, has perhaps cooled down somewhat?

Am I reading that sentence wrong?

"Toronto Councillors stop Rob Ford from pre-autographing street signs"
http://metronews.ca/news/toronto/10...-rob-ford-from-pre-autographing-street-signs/

Last edited:
“Every time certain people start acting up it comes right back to life,†Det.-Sgt. Giroux said.

I can guess who he means by "certain people acting up" but, the "back to life" part is interesting. Makes it sound like the investigation, although officially still active, has perhaps cooled down somewhat?

Am I reading that sentence wrong?

I thought that was the implication as well.

A reminder from earlier today of the Ford's character (especially Doug's)

David Hains ‏@DavidHains
As a prank, Doug Ford just moved one of Paula Fletcher's crutches away from her.

David Hains ‏@DavidHains
Fletcher's crutch has been returned. She asked Doug to fetch it for her, but Milczyn did. "Who ratted on me?" exclaimed Doug.

https://twitter.com/DavidHains

A reminder from earlier today of the Ford's character (especially Doug's)

https://twitter.com/DavidHains

Holy smokes, that one's straight outta the Passive Aggressive Handbook (first edition).

Very telling what some people find funny. Russell Williams' favourite gag as a student was to hide in people's closets and leap out at them, to their horrified surprise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back