381     0 
News   Jun 27, 2024
 684     1 
News   Jun 27, 2024
 441     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our mayor seems to do many strange things in public restrooms, but changing in a Timmy's toilet, from a suit to workout gear on a day he's clearly supposed to be in rehab, is one of the oddest yet.

Maybe he has had a psychotic break from reality, and thinks he is actually a super hero. The Billion dollar savings, sweat suit wearing, common man.

Our mayor seems to do many strange things in public restrooms, but changing in a Timmy's toilet, from a suit to workout gear on a day he's clearly supposed to be in rehab, is one of the oddest yet.

Sounds like he changed into his crack smoking outfit--the grey sweatsuit.

He's not there. I am in regular contact with staff there.

Thanks ThoughtArcade. Any thoughts on what other programs might fit the bill for morning group therapy/afternoon 1/1 counseling on outpatient basis? With 72 hour detox? And would let someone start two days after calling?

I find it hard to believe he's in rehab, but still curious about the possibilities....

Thanks ThoughtArcade. Any thoughts on what other programs might fit the bill for morning group therapy/afternoon 1/1 counseling on outpatient basis? With 72 hour detox? And would let someone start two days after calling?

I find it hard to believe he's in rehab, but still curious about the possibilities....

He is not in rehab. You cannot be "working out every day" at the same time as doing 72 hours of detox, both of which have now been claimed.

Maybe have him ask her why she didn't take a photograph. I'm leaning towards believing her, myself.

This tweet made my day:

@80sDougFord: Rob's totally in rehab. With four other kids: a jock, a brain, a basket case and a princess. They're writin' an essay #topoli

I personally think it is EXTREMELY fortunate for Toronto that Dougie is campaign manager and not someone competent with actual PR skills and talent who could manage the spin effectively.

haha, poor kid lost his cell phone the other day so can't text her. He'll FB her later. She says Ford was checking her out and looking angry, so she didn't take a photo. Wonder if someone will talk the Timmy's manager into seeing security footage.

On a side note, we (my son and I) were talking about this and the first thing out of his mouth was "maybe he's checking out Junction crack now".

So they allowed him one day to take as many calls as he wanted and to make constituent calls and is now "going dark again". i.e. they checked twitter and realized that no one is buying that he could accept/make calls and now have to explain it and rectify it by having Rob stop taking calls from whatever cottage/basement he's actually in.

These clowns are literally making it up as they go. It's like a bad comedy show. They make something up, the general public says "that doesn't make any sense" so they change mid-stream and say "oh yeah we stop doing that, now we are doing this normal way of doing" It's comical if it wasn't so sad and pathetic. What's even worse is that councilors who should be representing the tax-payer (remember them) go along with it. Seriously Doug on the phone saying "Here's brother Robbie, tell everybody how sick you are" it's something right out of cheesy high-school teen comedy.

Even kids have to bring a legit doctor note if they are out of class for a while. I remember being back in school and a kid tried to pass off a badly hand written note on regular paper with his own handwriting and claiming it was a "doctor note". Ford portrays everything, even normal references we all have to do while taking time off as "picking on him" But that is always been Ford's game, they think chaos works for their advantage. Remember when Ford unnecessary went through the media to walk his wife out of the room instead of the back entrance.

I am not a substance abuse expert but even I know that the idea that he continues to "take calls" and have connection to work makes no sense. Basic knowledge is that they will try to find a root of the problem and work stress would be a first thing they look for. As for him saying "Rehab is great" remember this is the same guy who went to Vancouver for a funeral and said that was a "great trip" (oh yeah he also went partying and was in a bathroom for an hour)

There was a real poorly written (and statistically analysis BS) article this week saying that Ford can possible beat Chow if he gets clean. They took Ford highest possible voter mark (32%) and Chow current 5-candidate number (33%) and say see it can be close. But that is a poor comparison because you are looking at Ford ceiling vs Chow base. They are taking the number if best possible for Ford and he still doesn't reach Chow even when we are not counting the extra percentage she will get from undecided and strategic voters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back