News   Jun 27, 2024
 680     1 
News   Jun 27, 2024
 438     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
From cp24:

Despite Doug Ford’s claim that his brother is not in an outpatient setting, there has been at least one reported sighting of the mayor out and about.
A young woman said she saw Rob Ford alone at a Tim Hortons in The Junction on Tuesday morning.
Cayla Clarkson said she was walking to school when she and another passersby spotted a man, who appeared to be the mayor, as he got out of a vehicle.
“I said, ‘Is that Rob Ford?’ and they said, ‘Yeah,’” Clarkson told CP24.
She said the man was wearing a black suit when he entered the coffee shop and a grey sweat suit when he exited and drove away.
She opted not to snap a photo of him with her cellphone.
“He did not look pleased. I just didn’t want to make him upset,” Clarkson said.
Tim Hortons employees who were working Wednesday afternoon told CP24 their co-workers served the mayor.
They said he was recognized by a customer as he ordered some food and coffee, and he appeared to be alone.

Read more: http://www.cp24.com/news/ford/quest...whereabouts-treatment-1.1809858#ixzz313NNaCAt
I for sure believe this girl. But they're definitely going to keep him out of sight now.

Honestly, no. I actually thought I knew where he was (if indeed he was in rehab) for a while up until this morning. The pieces seemed to fit for me, but I was afraid to ask because if he was there my head would explode (as I would have seen it as a horrible betrayal of what the place stood for, in particular the allowances they would have and to have made for him to be there). Finally I asked, and it seems he wasn't there (which I'm purposely not naming).

That being said there are a number of extremely private programs that are very expensive. They purposely keep a low-profile to maintain anonymity. I know some people who went to work for those (and indeed I was approached a few times). The people who went to work there quit (despite the good pay) because the programs were a joke. Many of those programs don't even have names. They don't advertise because they don't have to.

So, my best guess is one of those.

That being said, I think MetroMan may be close to correct when he says "Find his shrink's house". That essentially amounts to the same as the above.

I would have been VERY surprised to see Rofo at Bridgeway. It's not terribly anonymous.

So, he could basically have someone babysitting him in someone's house or a hotel with a few other addicts?

Was Wormington on CNN. Why..... on.......... earth! is any media member giving Wormington any time of day. This guy has been proven over and over again to be nothing more than a Ford mouthpiece and would outright lie (it was ginger ale) to protect him.

This is what really messed up with Ford camp, look we all lie at some point in our lives. But it normally done for a few reason, you don't want to hurt somebody felling, or you really feel you need to for that situation. Also most people lie about things that is not easily proven wrong. You weigh the lie. The thing with the Fords is that they lie over the dumbest things and over things that is easily verified at times to prove they are lying. It's a compulsion that you really don't see often and in there minds there no shame in being caught. The only time they backed out it was the threat of being sued (which a lawyer friend of mine said Dale had a slam dunk winning case)

No way is Ford in a provincially-funded rehab program because he wouldn't be able to get in immediately and it's almost certain that he wouldn't be taking calls on his cell and wandering the Junction.

But there are several private facilities in the area that will take your tens of thousands up front and offer you a "rehab" program. This Muskoka rehab resort was mentioned on Twitter.
"At The Muskoka Recovery Center we believe in total health, and the achievement of starting a new life! With modern ideas, and the industry’s leading professionals, we
take recovery to new heights and success. An elite facility where family members also enjoy the recovery process along side their loved ones through support and
observation and the best and only worldwide ."

Can't be there - it's for "elites"...:p

So, he could basically have someone babysitting him in someone's house or a hotel with a few other addicts?

Yes, very possible. And "babysitting" is the correct word. I mean, I even thought about doing something like this w/ a counselor friend when I got sick of non-profit wages. Integrity (for lack of a better word) kept me from doing it. But for people in desperate situation, ask the family for 10k, many if they can pay will do so immediately, just so they can have peace of mind for a few nights. I've seen it happen over and over again. That's why there are so many private rehabs despite their lack of effectiveness. They don't sell recovery. They sell slim hope. And in this case, they may have sold the Fords the perception of action.

Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat 16s
"100% it was me" Doug Ford on report Mayor Rob Ford was at a Tim Hortons in the Junction yesterday #TOpoli pic.twitter.com/Miw7atXLsa

Uh, why were you changing into a sweat suit?

So, 100 percent it was Rob.

Last edited:
Worth googling John Haines, the guy who seems to run most of those outpatient facilities. Seems like RoFo's kinda guy.

No kidding. Seriously, I hate to say it, because I do believe Rob should be left alone if he's truly seeking help, but I'd love for a media outfit to send a mole up there for a tour.

Doug Ford on CP24 reporting that it was HIM in the Junction, not Rob. He says "Rob is nowhere near Toronto".

Doug is now saying that it was him at Timmy's and that he stopped and took photos with people for 15 mins.

Then that girl wouldn't have been intimidated into NOT taking a picture? Now we NEED to see the security footage.

Why the HELL do these guys keep lying so much?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back