602     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 563     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 706     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
To my perspective, as long as people are respectful, are not sexist/homophobic/racist/etc, and not swear, then the thread is not deteriorating.
Speculation, conspiracy theories, and outlandish ideas have long been part of the foundation of this thread during the slow times.
That drives some people away, and those that stay start posting about 70s music or how many posts they can view per page.
But some of the speculation during the slow times has also turned out to be true.
There are a lot of smart and insightful people who post here. Conspiracy theories help people work out their ideas about what might have happened. There is no need to be derisive or judgmental. If you can prove them wrong, then do so, respectfully.
Hopefully, we are all here because we care about our city. Be encouraging. Think: what would RoFo do, and then do the opposite.
Thank you.

This. Thank you.

a) furious at uncle Rob for showing up his mom, misbehaving in the basement and damaging the family's reputation (even further), and then having to drive the doofus/his luggage to the airport,
b) furious at Kathy for enticing uncle Rob to misbehave in the basement and damaging the family's reputation (even further), which in turn is a possible negative for his political future,
c) la la la crickets this is just another normal evening/day in Ford land and I'll do whatever uncle Doug tells me to do.

d) I better do what Uncle Doug says, if I want to get my massive inheritance. Look how he treats my Mom and her "allowance".

Actually, being a linux geek, I use GIMP. Maybe I won't disabuse anyone of the notion my stuff is purposefully amateurish. I need to raid Reddit to get enough images to make it a worthwhile destination, but it's here. Most anything shared will be posted with any accreditation desired. Submissions welcome at rhomatthews@gmail.com.

Have a spin through my Album for examples of my stuff. I have more. I got to the point where I wasn't finding him funny, but the absurdity of what's going on now might inspire new ones.

drowen.jpg

<facetious> A unique perspective from Global's registered psychologist, who's been recognized as an expert witness in Ontario courts! </facetious>

Attachments

• drowen.jpg
    drowen.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 1,016
Last edited:
View attachment 25704
A unique perspective from Global's registered psychologist, who's been recognized as an expert witness in Ontario courts!

I disagree, Dale did what was best for himself. He was harassed by Doug ever since that incident happened with comments of "stalker" etc. and Rob doing what he did to him in December with His Lordship was actually a blessing in disguise. I doubt that either of the Fords make comments to him like that anymore. That's not capitulating.

Last edited:
Oh, as an aside, I also will add that Toronto is destined to be another Detroit/ Flint, Michigan within 10 years. Toronto is not booming....it's actually imploding! I won't get into that discussion on this thread.

Yes, it's quite apparent that the white's a fleeing the core and leaving a decaying infrastructure and no economic activity while the suburbs are more popular than ever. In ten years, we are doomed....

Yes, but that's just indicative of the short term market and lifestyle preference of the dwindling middle class. Medium to long term, wealth is consolidating in fewer and fewer hands. We don't "make" enough stuff here, and that's not a trend that's improving. Ford Follies are appalling, and they're indicative of a resentful and uncomfortably large underclass, but (putting aside conspiracy theories for a moment) they're just a symptom of our social/institutional decay. Looks like all those boring lefty economics profs were actually on to something many decades ago.

Actually, being a linux geek, I use GIMP. Maybe I won't disabuse anyone of the notion my stuff is purposefully amateurish. I need to raid Reddit to get enough images to make it a worthwhile destination, but it's here. Most anything shared will be posted with any accreditation desired. Submissions welcome at rhomatthews@gmail.com.

The site looks sososososo good. :)

Meaning so good, not so so good.

Soooooooo good.

This discussion has probably sailed off a few hundred pages ago, but I'm going to comment anyways: The thing which shocked me most over the last week is how deep his approval ratings dropped, with him going into rehab. At this point, him smoking crack while making crude commentary should not surprise anyone. However him stepping aside to get help increased my respect for the man.

Trying to understand the logic and reason behind Ford Nation undoubtedly a lost cause, but I would have thought him seeking treatment would have helped his approval. It plays into the narrative that he his human and makes mistakes, and in times of crisis they would band together to support their hero. It might even bring back some former supporters who left his side when he admitted to using while refusing to seek treatment.

Is there some kind of massive underground crack scene in Toronto's inner suburbs or something?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back