632     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 572     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 713     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another gang style shooting in broad daylight in Vaughan Global's Jeremy Cohn on the scene and tweeting "Shooting happened across from Costco right at front doors of Homesense. Male without vital signs... Many people were shopping in this busy Woodbridge plaza when shots rang out in front of Homesense. Man w/o vitals."

David Hyde who twitter called himself "Security consultant" topoli this piece of news.

Inspired firstly by Sublime's bad-on-purpose photoshop images of RoFo, I am going to do an art show! I will start another thread about it. But would anyone here be interested in submitting for it?
1. Images must be using photoshop, or ms paint.
2. Images must have RoFo in them.
3. Images must have an 'art brut'/outsider art sensibility through the use of purposefully amateurish image manipulation.
4. Humour gets bonus points (obvs.) But nothing crude or rude please and thanks!

Sublime made a website already. People can post their images and we all can vote on the winners!
RoFo is due back in a month (6 weeks to those more familiar with rehab stays.)
Maybe we can have the art opening then. :)
Plus it will give people something to do.

MetroMan is now complaining on Twitter that he was asked to leave the Eaton Centre because he had a dog with him. Only service animals are allowed, that has been policy for ... gosh, as long as I've lived in Toronto, like 20 years. I guess his the "intel" he gathered from the "chatter" of his "sources" didn't prepare him for *gasp* mall policy.

The above quote is somewhat out of context. He actually said:

"Crack kits? ... you're just ... supplying paraphernalia to kill themselves. You might as well just give them a rope and chair, put them in a room and say 'Hang yourself.' "

Which I disagree with, and which is ironic given his current proclivities, but which isn't as evil as it sounds without the first line.

Daniel Kaszor @dkaszor · 3m
An image of the bar that the Rob Ford audio was recorded in: http://natpo.st/1iBFcdF
BmhPEzQCIAEvCTa.jpg:large

OK, I'm not the resident grammarian, but if we're all at a loss during this time we can open a debate on Sullie Gorman's apostrophes as a reflection of Ford Nation...

The above quote is somewhat out of context. He actually said:

"Crack kits? ... you're just ... supplying paraphernalia to kill themselves. You might as well just give them a rope and chair, put them in a room and say 'Hang yourself.' "

Which I disagree with, and which is ironic given his current proclivities, but which isn't as evil as it sounds without the first line.

Thanks! Sounds much kinder when put into proper context.

Sullie Gormans looks like a nice place if we ever have a Meet and Greet.

I checked DineSafe and it seems ok.

Mostly good reviews, but I did see this, "Hard liqueur is watered down. I've intentionally tried 3 different shots - all watered down. How much of that water do I have to drink to become a regular customer and receive an even average service???"
http://sullie-gormans.foodpages.ca/?reviewo=1

Last edited:
I drove by his Scarborough office just before 5:30. He has a sign up now that says Rob Ford Campaign Office or something similar and the windows are covered with a couple of Ford signs but also just white paper. I should have pulled in and taken a photo but was in a hurry so it was just a drive by. Anyway, the sign over the the top wasn't there when I went a couple weeks ago and the windows aren't covered with Rob Ford Mayor signs, either. I think there was something on the door and you could see inside if you went up to it but I have no idea what the door sign says.

Inspired firstly by Sublime's bad-on-purpose photoshop images of RoFo, I am going to do an art show! I will start another thread about it. But would anyone here be interested in submitting for it?
1. Images must be using photoshop, or ms paint.
2. Images must have RoFo in them.
3. Images must have an 'art brut'/outsider art sensibility through the use of purposefully amateurish image manipulation.
4. Humour gets bonus points (obvs.) But nothing crude or rude please and thanks!

Sublime made a website already. People can post their images and we all can vote on the winners!
RoFo is due back in a month (6 weeks to those more familiar with rehab stays.)
Maybe we can have the art opening then. :)
Plus it will give people something to do.

no love for PSP? I've been shopping RoFo for a while now with psp, perhaps not with that certain wonderful art brut quality... but...

I'm gonna go ahead and say I think they got rid of Robbie to pause the TO election so they can get Hudak elected. And since DoFo was prolly there at der bar.....he already knew that Rob also got all bent over voting conservative and now they have to ideally change the mind of any Ford Nationites that collectively went "huh? Oh yeah the flag! No Hudak! Our Leader spoke in a vision from Etobicoke"

no love for PSP? I've been shopping RoFo for a while now with psp, perhaps not with that certain wonderful art brut quality... but...
Actually, being a linux geek, I use GIMP. Maybe I won't disabuse anyone of the notion my stuff is purposefully amateurish. I need to raid Reddit to get enough images to make it a worthwhile destination, but it's here. Most anything shared will be posted with any accreditation desired. Submissions welcome at rhomatthews@gmail.com.

Last edited:
TMZ tweeted a story about Rob Ford going to rehab. What would be excellent is if TMZ would try and find out if he did. If anyone is brazen enough to do it, it's them.

In the US, media will pay for stories. The papparazzi could and likely will try to cash in at some point before he comes back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back