372     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 814     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 1.1K     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone started @RehabRobFord on Twitter.

Wow - the Chicago waterfront is awesome!!!
Where is everyone???
Doug, mom?!?!
#TOpoli #RobFord

One day done. Only 29 to go. That was easy!
#TOpoli #RobFord

The last thing that the official Rob Ford twitter account tweeted was:

Mayor Rob Ford @TOMayorFord
My office is looking to hire a new junior staff person, salary $30k. Send your resumé & cover letter to mayor_ford@toronto.ca

Last edited:
But why would he go to Chicago? Maybe he's got people there that can protect him? I wonder if his wife and kids have joined him.

Last edited:
So what will be in the Star tomorrow? Are we seriously suggesting Ford himself orchestrated this whole thing to get the hell out of dodge? To what end?

Hmm while cops did meet with Morris at city hall this week due to threats against the mayor. Wonder if there's a connection.

I wish I said this a few days ago because now it looks like hindsight. But something I noticed for a while, when the Ford's start screaming about threats against them, almost every time a news story is about to break. I specificity remember Doug freaking out about "a threat" on a Thursday or Friday and on the Saturday the G&M Doug selling hash story breaks. Even though there was no giant Ford freak out this week over it (to my knowledge) it's still an interesting coincidence.

Apart from his arrest for serious charges, your predicted outcome would be welcomed. However, I'm still convinced that this leave is nothing more than a PR strategy by the Ford family. Sit out one or two months in the campaign, return in late summer with a resurrection narrative designed to mobilize Ford Nation. The bonus of it is, Doug doesn't have to spend family money on the campaign until the very end.

I've thought about this too. It might be cheaper to disappear Rob for a few weeks and save money on the campaign. Gives Doug time to whip up another few batches of bobbleheads.

I wish I said this a few days ago because now it looks like hindsight. But something I noticed for a while, when the Ford's start screaming about threats against them, almost every time a news story is about to break. I specificity remember Doug freaking out about "a threat" on a Thursday or Friday and on the Saturday the G&M Doug selling hash story breaks. Even though there was no giant Ford freak out this week over it (to my knowledge) it's still an interesting coincidence.

Ya could've been another fake threat for sympathy points because they knew another crack video was coming out.

btw, I have to say that Jimmi T's info has been excellent since MM decided to move to tweettier pastures. Always short , to the point, and very credible info. Thank you for giving us a unique insider look at this hopefully one in a lifetime story.

Hear hear!

Long time lurker and avid reader of this forum. I usually refrain from posting to internet forums but I wanted to highlight something that hasn't been addressed here since the latest revelations came to light.

View attachment 25551

First, if you look closely at the picture you can see the right honorable Mr. Ford looking directly into the camera; as if to check if he's correctly in the frame. This, along with the fact that his sister and earnest former driver and fellow narcotic aficionado were present, may be an indirect confirmation that it is a willful self-destruct by Ford. In a way, it may be his desperate attempt to present his family with the fait-accompli that he's done with being mayor.

The other interesting thing about the latest video is that the seller took a picture of another phone as a time-stamp. From prior reports by Jimmy T we know that people who hang out with Ford since the crack scandal broke are required to hand over their phones. How can someone take a picture of another phone without being seen? This may lend further credence to the idea that this latest leak has been orchestrated by Ford to provide him with an out without any equivocation by his brother or his supporters. You can also add to that the fact that Robin said it was some 8 minutes of video that was presented to them. That's an awful long time for a very risky activity.

Edit 2: the angles from the first three pictures are all the same, then we get a nice clear shot of Ford talking on the phone, and finally the time-stamp picture. It's awfully convenient to think that this much snooping was done surreptitiously.

The other topic I wanted to address is the reaction from city council. It's true that most Councillors are still reluctant to dive into the muck by calling for his outright resignation. We've all heard the same refrain that he needs to deal with his issues and it's a good thing that he finally decided to do that, but when it comes time to vote to excuse his absence from council, the choice will be forced upon them. Can we discuss the likelihood of him not being excused and thus triggering the 3 council absence countdown, effectively ending his reign as the best mayor in the history of the world?

Edit: is the 3 absence rule contingent on council excusing it or does it get counted regardless of the vote?

/goes back to lurking

you know, I've had some of the same thoughts too, but I just keep falling back to he's just a dumbass who got caught again. First off, it is sometimes hard to really judge line of site as the viewer. How many times have you been somewhere and seen someone waving at you, and you wave back, only to realize a second later that they aren't looking at you at all, but at someone nearby? Second, he looks crazy high in these pictures and I get that 'glassed over' eyes impression. There is a good chance that he was in a state where he could barely see past his pipe. He's probably super fixated on his next hit so I'm not sure he'd see or even process that phone. Plus, if the phone is using the rear camera (most likely scenario), it is just going to look like a phone lying on the ground. The only way you'd know it was recording video was if the screen was up and the front camera was being used to film. That said, given the viewing angle it was probably propped up on something so that might look suspicious.

So apparently there were 3 videos that the dealer was shopping around. And according to Michael Cooke, one of them is the sex tape. Did The Star purchase all 3 videos? I guess we'll find out tomorrow!

So apparently there were 3 videos that the dealer was shopping around. And according to Michael Cooke, one of them is the sex tape. Did The Star purchase all 3 videos? I guess we'll find out tomorrow!

Not sure but one detail I just learned about that night is pretty crazy/funny. Will be satisfying to read about for many! Can't reveal more.

Does anyone here still think charges are forthcoming?
well, animatronic's explanation of why go to rehab out of this country certainly does fit -- maybe to avoid arrest?

Long time lurker and avid reader of this forum. I usually refrain from posting to internet forums but I wanted to highlight something that hasn't been addressed here since the latest revelations came to light.

First, if you look closely at the picture you can see the right honorable Mr. Ford looking directly into the camera; as if to check if he's correctly in the frame. This, along with the fact that his sister and earnest former driver and fellow narcotic aficionado were present, may be an indirect confirmation that it is a willful self-destruct by Ford. In a way, it may be his desperate attempt to present his family with the fait-accompli that he's done with being mayor.

The other interesting thing about the latest video is that the seller took a picture of another phone as a time-stamp. From prior reports by Jimmy T we know that people who hang out with Ford since the crack scandal broke are required to hand over their phones. How can someone take a picture of another phone without being seen? This may lend further credence to the idea that this latest leak has been orchestrated by Ford to provide him with an out without any equivocation by his brother or his supporters. You can also add to that the fact that Robin said it was some 8 minutes of video that was presented to them. That's an awful long time for a very risky activity.

/goes back to lurking

I wonder if the camera phone wasn't hidden, maybe in a bag or sweater or jacket pocket, with just a small hole for the lens area uncovered. One might not even see it. If the dealer hands over his phone to Rob, and Rob doesn't know the dealer has come with two phones, it'd give him a false sense of security. After a while, the dealer may have asked for his phone -- just to quickly check for messages. That might be when we saw phone #1 being recorded by the hidden phone #2. just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back