115     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 291     1 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 726     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hate to go off-topic but this statement is insane. He's had many noteable riffs with various coaches, players and members of Leafs management over the years and is by far their most visible critic in the Toronto sports media. How on earth do you think he's a shill?

I'm flabbergasted.

sorry for going even further off topic, but gosh, me too. i'm equally puzzled.

one casual look at any hockey board devoted to TML tells you mr. cox is a hated/wanted/hunted man sometimes. ever the veritable lightning rod, he's described bitterly as being too negative, always the pessimist, a professional contrarian.

Elitist elections...

goldsbie 8:22pm via Twitter for Android
Ford says he's asked why he wants this job for another four years. A woman yells "Forever! Forever! Forever!"

So they start playing "We're Not Gonna Take It" by Twisted Sister at the end of his speech. Wouldn't that song be more appropriate for a non-incumbent?

Morons.

I love how the balloon drop failed. That was my favourite part, to see them struggling to come down but they just wouldn't.
edit: @goldsbie 2m
Randy fidgets with the balloon drop strings, trying to cut them with his keys.

Oh man, that is too funny!

Last edited:
A pretty good speech for Robbie. He must have practised for weeks. He even used some big words like accountability and transparency....not sure how they applied to him though.
He mentioned many times that he wasn't going to back down.
He is going to try and barrel through on sheer audacity.
If he doesn't have a heart attack before Oct, then we will need to meet his crazy train head on!

For someone who from his own mouth only wants to run on his record always brings up that he has made mistakes in his personal life, and has made amends. Even DoFo opened with saying RoFo is a private person.

So much with making promises and breaking them. RoFo has stated that he will never change, and DoFo has claimed that the truth is not important, only what he and RoFo squirt out.

A pretty good speech for Robbie. He must have practised for weeks. He even used some big words like accountability and transparency....not sure how they applied to him though.
He mentioned many times that he wasn't going to back down.
He is going to try and barrel through on sheer audacity.
If he doesn't have a heart attack before Oct, then we will need to meet his crazy train head on!

He was reading it off a teleprompter, but in his favor, it didn't look like he was seeing it for the first time.

And according to CP24 "Hundreds of supporters showed up".

That sure doesn't sound like thousands and thousands.

Here are your two takeaway pictures:

1) Rob never did get that breathalyzer for his Escalade, so Mama Ford checks him out herself:

tf3lr.jpg

2) Ivor Tosell's shot of the Toronto Congress Centre in the middle of Rob's speech.

panorama.jpg

Like a tea party, eh, Doug? (I assume that's the stage, way off on the left?)
These guys are toast. And it's almost a shame because if Rob could just make a stump speech in the morning, coach some football in the afternoon and make an acceptance speech in the evening, he'd be happy as a clam. It's all that other stuff that's ever so tricky.

Attachments

• tf3lr.jpg
    tf3lr.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 771
  • panorama.jpg
    panorama.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 963
CP24 reporter asked Filion if his presence was an endorsement for Ford. The councillor that introduced the motion to reduce Ford's powers, of course said absolutely not.

Oh my god, the crowd was just chanting: Rob Ford Forever!

Oh awesome, I can hear a heckler saying: You are destroying the city!

Also the room can take 3k people, and over half the tables are empty... Even if everyone in the building actually supports RoFo, that's .0625%(ish) of the population of Toronto. All is not lost...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back