343     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 453     2 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 1.2K     3 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's pretty quiet here...time for me to fret about probable rapist Frank D'Angelo again. From Truth MOST Wanted
New information also ties Frank D'Angelo to the Crips and Bloods, two of the biggest, most violent street gangs in North America... and the cause of much of the recent gun violence in Toronto and Vancouver...
So for all the gun-lovers out there who are upset about gun violence/crime causing Canadians to want more gun control laws, you have a new group of people to blame: The Mafia. After all if there's smuggling involved, the mafia is usually the ones doing it in large container ships that aren't checked thoroughly at docks...
What is funny is that its not the Russian mafia or the Chinese... this is the good ol' fashioned Italian mafia...
That is until some idiotic fop like Frank D'Angelo appears. D'Angelo was born to Italian/Sicilian immigrants here in Toronto. In the 1980s and 90s he built up a beverage/food company with the help of Al Palladini (born in Italy, but later became Minister of Transportation under Premier Mike Harris)...
In 2002 Frank D'Angelo went into the beer business, promoting his Steelback Brewery. The brewery later went bust and filed for bankruptcy protection in 2007 after defrauding investor Barry Sherman of $102 million CDN. D'Angelo lost control of the brewery to Sherman's son and eventually it went bust in 2009. Records show that D'Angelo wasted a lot of the money sponsoring sporting events, including quite a few transactions that look more like money laundering...
Since then its come out the Toronto police have been infiltrated by the mafia, that drug and gun money is being laundered in Toronto through legitimate bank accounts belonging to local businessmen, and this money is being used to pay and supply guns to local gangs (including the Bloods and the Crips)....
If someone in the mafia had any brains they'd shoot Frank D'Angelo before he does another stupid thing which lands a bunch of them all in prison...
Remember what I said at the top about a tangled web of deceit? The mafia, Frank D'Angelo, crooked cops and even crooked politicians.

D'Angelo and Ben Johnson, I Cheetah all the Time

For "wasted a lot of the money sponsoring sporting events, including quite a few transactions that look more like money laundering..." see who was hanging around the Ford/Johnson/Trailer Park Boy announcement: Neil Forester - The Substance Entertainment Group and MMA plus Rick Smiciklas - Passionplay Media and MMA.

From a National Post ITO story, emphasis mine:
In a conversations intercepted the next day, Siyad is heard saying that “Rob Ford’s driver is calling Juiceman and saying that “you’re f—ing dead and everybody on your block is dead.”

Juiceman later joins the call, according to the affidavit, and says “the man” — whom police believe to be Lisi — called him and warned: “If that video gets released, I’m gonna, I’m gonna run through all your houses, me and all the, all the Toronto Police, we’re gonna, we’re gonna, we’re gonna done, all you done, we I’m gonna done you guys.
Of course, Ben doesn't live in the Dixon high-rises, nor is he Somali, but here's a link to Ben Johnson as stutterer.

Just watched D'Angelo's Real Gangsters, and it is soul-crushingly bad. Produced, directed, written by and starring Frank D'Angelo, it also features him singing a song he wrote called Dreamer, while the credits thank Forget About It Supper Club, Mamma D's, Pure Genius Water and Teas and Cheetah Power Surge Energy Drink...all his properties, and Toronto Police. One thing provocative is a scene D'Angelo and two gangsters go to a jewellery store and walk out with many expensive watches after simply explaining they weren't paying for them. Provocative because corrupt OPP Sergeant Mike Rutigliano, the one caught on wiretap discussing with then-Assistant Crown attorney Domenic Basile (the current Lisi lawyer) shopping for a judge that would guarantee D'Angelo's sexual assault acquittal, also arranged and attended a meeting in Montreal with members and associates of the Rizzuto Traditional Organized Crime Group, regarding a jewellery store. Oh, and apparently gangsters kill bankers any old spur of the moment to ensure they only charge a tiny rate for laundering cash.

Last edited:
The Rob Ford Football Foundation supplies a cheque for equipment after receiving an invoice from a supplier, provided by a school with which the foundation has an agreement. Rob Ford has testified, under oath, that this is what his foundation does. Nothing more, nothing less.

The foundation... that's the strongest and weakest part of the story. The one fact is that Robbie has to sign off every expenditure, and there is no check or balance between cost and condition of equipment. In my opinion Robbie has inflated costs of equipment (like "paying" full price for used equipment) just as he does with his savings of "1 Billion dollars" for taxpayers.
I have a charitable fund at the Toronto Community Foundation (just like Ford! :eek:) and have to chime in here to correct some misunderstandings about how the TCF operates. All grants authorized by Ford's Foundation are issued by the TCF, not him. Cheques may only be made to charitable or registered non-profit organizations. They would never be sent to a supplier of football equipment.

If I read Jude's post correctly, Ford talks to a contact at the school board to find out what equipment is needed and roughly how much it will cost. He promises to cover the cost after the purchase is made and the actual cost is known (they probably fax him the invoice). He then asks the TCF to issue a cheque for that amount to Don Bosco.

JWBF's speculation is based on a misreading of Jude's post. Ford does not arrange for a crooked supplier and his charity's funds are not directed to private businesses, ever. For this suggestion to be true, Don Bosco and the school board would have to be fully complicit -- ie. deliberately buying old equipment and inflating the price -- and I don't believe that for a minute. Also, the TCF is the conscientious trustee of the funds and controls disbursement of them, not Ford. The TCF follows the federal regulations regarding charitable funds and foundations scrupulously.

So between Don Bosco, the school board and the Toronto Community Foundation's financial controls, the scenario JWBF outlined is simply not possible.

My personal speculation is that in addition to the already-known issues (his disparaging remarks about the student population at Don Bosco, embarrassment of the school by the scandal of using City staff and paid work time to "volunteer" , commandeering the TTC bus for his team, etc.) there will be at least one private complaint in the school's records made by a football player about unfair or rough treatment by Ford. Nothing like sexual abuse -- simply name-calling, bullying, pushing too hard or making him play while injured.

Ford rigourously objected when the Toronto Star wrote about the alleged altercation between him and a player from another school and he fought to clear his name about this. Sure, he left work to coach, took his staff, got City favours for his team, yadda, yadda, and actually BOASTED about that. But the report of that one alleged incident with a player got under his skin and he squelched it just the way he's trying to smother the Board's report now.

We know he has a bullying, cruel side. Just look at how he treated Pam MacConnell,after tackling her, making a point to whisper taunts about her at a committee meeting. I bet he was like that at times with some members of his team when they didn't deliver but he doesn't want the public to find out because it puts the lie to the image of a beloved, selfless coach.

And that image is all he has left.

Someone should convince him to run alongside his brother. With twice the votes for mayor they'd be sure to win.

On further thought, this is a brilliant strategy. If you really want to screw with RoFo just start a public "draft Doug for mayor" campaign. After all, Doug:

- has the brains
- has real business experience
- is a true family man
- doesn't even drink

Rob had his chance, and now it's big brother's turn to take over and fix things. Lob that sibling rivalry grenade over the fence and watch Rob lose his shit. 'Twould be a thing of beauty.

On further thought, this is a brilliant strategy. If you really want to screw with RoFo just start a public "draft Doug for mayor" campaign. After all, Doug:

- has the brains
- has real business experience
- is a true family man
- doesn't even drink

Rob had his chance, and now it's big brother's turn to take over and fix things. Lob that sibling rivalry grenade over the fence and watch Rob lose his shit. 'Twould be a thing of beauty.

I love this idea but am afraid it wouldn't pass the plausibility test. Rob is one thing, but the idea of popular support for Doug Ford at this point is, to me, even more inconceivable.

I love this idea but am afraid it wouldn't pass the plausibility test. Rob is one thing, but the idea of popular support for Doug Ford at this point is, to me, even more inconceivable.

He doesn't need any actual support - just the appearance. If you think you've seen a real Ford bender it won't be anything compared to what RoFo vacuums up his nose if he thinks Jones is about to screw him out of re-election.

He doesn't need any actual support - just the appearance. If you think you've seen a real Ford bender it won't be anything compared to what RoFo vacuums up his nose if he thinks Jones is about to screw him out of re-election.

That's what I mean---even fake support is inconceivable ;)

But yeah I would make the biggest bucket of popcorn to watch that shitshow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back