853     0 
News   May 28, 2024
 455     0 
News   May 28, 2024
 818     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on down to Digital Dreams ... I haven't been inside but I've been around Ontario Place watching people going in. A lot of them are wasted, barely able to walk. It's quite the sight.

Aaaand the owner of Muzik makes the claim that EDM events draw drug dealers and pedophiles.

Are these guys all pedophiles? What's with all the references? It is crazy!

Ehh. They're talking about all-ages events, which do attract their fair share of creepers who might be less than angelic with an underage person on drugs.

I love festivals and raves (and drugs!) but all-ages events are pretty creepy, and their "think of the children" rhetoric isn't entirely out-of-line. I think I went to *one* of those when I was young before I realized, "Yup, gotta get my dumb ass a fake ID."

Ehh. They're talking about all-ages events, which do attract their fair share of creepers who might be less than angelic with an underage person on drugs.

I love festivals and raves (and drugs!) but all-ages events are pretty creepy, and their "think of the children" rhetoric isn't entirely out-of-line. I think I went to *one* of those when I was young before I realized, "Yup, gotta get my dumb ass a fake ID."
Yeah, but Muzik night club doesn't care about protecting the kids.
As someone pointed out on twitter, https://twitter.com/Farkshinsoup/status/454621859753906176/photo/1

Gord Perks ‏@gordperks 2m
Aaaand the owner of Muzik makes the claim that EDM events draw drug dealers and pedophiles.
Interesting comment given that when Ford is at Muzik he gets his picture taken with a lot of young women (who are not children, so it doesn't make him a pedophile, but still -- they're young). Who made the comment about creepers? It always gives me the creeps when I see him in those pictures.

And he makes 15-minute late night stops at Muzik ...

I haven't hear the term "rave" for about 15 yrs....

The term has expanded to mean "large electronic music party", instead of the fairly specific meaning it had before. There is still a "rave culture" in Toronto, but you won't find it at large corporate-sponsored events.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back