435     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 549     2 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 1.4K     3 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really sorry if I seem to be beating a dead horse, but I really want to know what the hell happened with Jaclyn Dawe! Her Facebook acct. was initiated in Dec/13. She has no friends. She disappeared in Feb last year and abandoned her car and apparently moved to Asia without informing her co-workers. I know I sound like a conspiracy freak, but this, as much as I would like it not to, really bothers me. If I may paraphrase the almighty Doug, I just can't put the dots together.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/tags.php?tag=jaclyn+dawe

You might try here. Her name is mentioned in the Rob Ford thread.

My sense is that Doug, who has never run a campaign before, and his brother (who is an addict) come up with crack-pot ideas every now and again, trial balloon them and see what the reaction is. Once people are disgusted by their tricks (you're pimping out your daughter!) Doug goes into victimization territory and tries to distance himself from it and blame the media.

Trivial, but Doug Ford has run a campaign before. He was campaign manager for his father's successful run for MPP and Ford's 2010 mayoral campaign. I think he also ran some of Ford's campaigns for councillor. Mystifying but true.

He may say that now, but Kouvalis was the actual campaign manager.

We all know Kouvalis was instrumental in getting Ford elected. BUT officially, Doug Ford was the campaign manager and Kouvalis the deputy campaign manager.

I'm not saying Doug Ford is any good at it - the mayoral campaign was floundering until Kouvalis stepped in - merely clarifying that Ford is not a first-time campaign manager.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/toronto/nick-kouvalis-the-man-behind-the-ford-campaign/article1321926/

Ford almost certainly would've won a majority rather than his plurality had ranked ballots been instituted for the 2010 election.

I find it extremely bizarre that FordNation consider ranked ballots a trick by leftists that will somehow destroy democracy, completely ignoring that it gives no advantage to anyone of any political stripe. You'd think they'd never bothered to actually research what it's about or something.

Exactly, they did zero research. All they need to know, in their opinion, is that the idea didn't come from Ford or anyone allied with him, so it must be suspect. To hear Ford Nation tell it, all ranked ballots will go into a bag, to be manipulated by the NDP after the results are in. Also, there will apparently be no secret ballots - all voters will be able to be identified by their ballots, just to bring home the humiliation of being forced - forced! - to choose more than one candidate. This will in turn cause low voter turnout. *rolleyes*

I kind of wondered if he'd heard the warrant rumours, and went to Deco. Absolutely nothing to support that, just a random thought I had. Kat clearly should have tailed him. ;)

Also, my first thought on hearing the police rumours last night was a domestic incident, rather than any other of the larger issues. I have absolutely no basis for this, but I'd imagined that executing the warrant at his home would require more than 4 police cruisers.

ehhh, you're right, but I got there about 10-12 minutes after he left, at least according to the times of the female reporter's tweets (which I didn't even know about till I got home). If I'd seen his car pulling out to leave, you can bet I would've tried to follow. ;)

Okay - I looked. This woman is still missing. Nothing adds up and no person in a position of authority has definitively stasted she is no longer a person of interest in a missing person case nowhere have I found this woman has been located. Earlier I asked what the hell is going on here now, I'm finding, in my head, that the words are getting less civilized. How has the press ignored this so entirely? Is this one of those situations where the owner is being held in protective custody for her own safety? What has become of her abandoned vehicle and where, in God's earth, have her concerned friends/co-workers gone. Are they of the opinion that she is okay because she has a Facebook page, with no friends (that makes Howard Hughes look like a flighty socialite). If so, they certainly don't care for her, or communicate with her as 'normal' people do on social media. This is all just all too 'Twightlight Zone' for my suburban housewife lifestyle. Someone out there must know, not only if there is a connection with this travesty of law known as Brazen II, but what has happened to this very much blood & guts young lady who seems to have entirely vanished from our city , the internet (except for a possible fake Facebook page), our consciousness, our lives and possibly life itsel!

We all know Kouvalis was instrumental in getting Ford elected. BUT officially, Doug Ford was the campaign manager and Kouvalis the deputy campaign manager.

I'm not saying Doug Ford is any good at it - the mayoral campaign was floundering until Kouvalis stepped in - merely clarifying that Ford is not a first-time campaign manager.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/toronto/nick-kouvalis-the-man-behind-the-ford-campaign/article1321926/

Doug's a first time campaign manager in the sense that his "campaign manager" title last time was basically honorary, and he kept it out of ego, even though Kouvalis was calling all the shots. This is his first time actually running a campaign for real, and it's quite a sight to behold.

Doug's a first time campaign manager in the sense that his "campaign manager" title last time was basically honorary, and he kept it out of ego, even though Kouvalis was calling all the shots. This is his first time actually running a campaign for real, and it's quite a sight to behold.

Agreed. It seems he is running things akin to his brand of "running" a ward or being vice-mayor with Robbie.

Last edited:
Okay - I looked. This woman is still missing. Nothing adds up and no person in a position of authority has definitively stasted she is no longer a person of interest in a missing person case nowhere have I found this woman has been located. Earlier I asked what the hell is going on here now, I'm finding, in my head, that the words are getting less civilized. How has the press ignored this so entirely? Is this one of those situations where the owner is being held in protective custody for her own safety? What has become of her abandoned vehicle and where, in God's earth, have her concerned friends/co-workers gone. Are they of the opinion that she is okay because she has a Facebook page, with no friends (that makes Howard Hughes look like a flighty socialite). If so, they certainly don't care for her, or communicate with her as 'normal' people do on social media. This is all just all too 'Twightlight Zone' for my suburban housewife lifestyle. Someone out there must know, not only if there is a connection with this travesty of law known as Brazen II, but what has happened to this very much blood & guts young lady who seems to have entirely vanished from our city , the internet (except for a possible fake Facebook page), our consciousness, our lives and possibly life itsel!

I think one of Jimmy T's sources advised that she was no longer missing - that she was living somewhere in Asia. Check this thread around the beginning of this year for that discussion.

Someone had also established that there was no longer a TPS missing person page for her. I'm not even sure how to check that - but maybe try to see if you can find one?

Not that any of this is definite proof that she's been 'found'... But if true, that may explain a lot of the concerns about her friends lack of interest that you describe in your post.

Edited to add: I just re-read your original post & realized that you probably already knew what I mentioned above. The only thing I can add is that if an adult wishes to go missing, I suppose it's her right to. I can't think of any other reasonable explanation.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back