196     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 603     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 973     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ben Johnson ‏@BenJohnson979 My meeting with Rob Ford yesterday was about how I can help him get into shape for his campaign this fall.
Ben is distancing himself already :p

But what about Jerry? Wasn't he helping Rob get in shape as well as driving him? Where is Jerry?

I don't remember any rule specific to promotional items. If it's a "donation" to the campaign, the rules are clear about who and how much can be donated. Few politicians reach that celebrity status where they can offer swag or merch and actually raise funds with them.

I am wondering if Ford could simply sell merch like these as a private citizen and use the money earned for his campaign. There's no limit on your own money.

Just where you can sell them, that's where campaign rules are used. Dougie opening the official campaign with the announcement (if indeed at City Hall) should be scrutinized.

Back to the bobbleheads. I think it's encouraging that the Ford camp has to sell these trinkets in order to raise funds whilst the other candidates seem to be able to rely on the normal routes. Also says something about Ford Nation and their 'I'm not spending a dime unless I get something in return' attitude.

With the debt they racked up with the first side show, and Dougie to worried about Deco funds. Ever wonder why Dougie is campaign manager, and they are having their "coming out" party in April even though they registered the first day, and the Scarborough "offices" are still to be constructed? T'would would appear that the cupboards are pretty bare, remember that Dougie was straight about the April "gala" being paid for by campaign funds. Evidently it took more than the months from registration to pay for seed money, and then there is the matter of "volunteers", they will have to use more than the Fords' staff, people are watching after the football "volunteers".

As far as I can tell, there are no campaign finance rules for Toronto. These so-called rules are an urban legend. If someone tells you they are real, demand to see proof, then yell directly in their face until they shut up. :p

Last edited:
Ben Johnson ‏@BenJohnson979 My meeting with Rob Ford yesterday was about how I can help him get into shape for his campaign this fall.

Surely, Ben has learned some harsh lessons from past experience. But, in case not, the last thing the Ford Campaign needs is a 'roid Rage. Oh, wait. That's probably already happened? Carry on, then. Getting in 'shape', makin' shit up on the fly and whatnot

Scary thought but if he makes it through the crack scandal and investigation it's possible he could be mayor for a long time. He'll keep running for as long as he's alive. What else is he going to do?

Ford will never won an election ever again if the ranked ballot initiative passes.

TJ (BTW - has anyone asked who payed for those 10 said:
If you tell me that The Easter Bunny didn't actually bring them, that information - coupled with the continued unarrested status of Rob Ford - might just be the straw that breaks this camel's back.

Daniel Dale rules Twitter. The guy is (1) so good on the Ford story; (2) so patient and diplomatic about responding to all the whacko tweets about why the Star always reports about bad Ford news and never about bad Wynne news (not true, of course); (3) so patient and diplomatic about responding to all the impatient tweets about why the Star isn't getting answers from Rob and Doug as fast as we all would like; (4) not patient or diplomatic at all if you question the concept of being an NBA fan ...

Daniel Dale ‏@ddale8 2h
Raptors are going for NBA record for most boring 70-point half in league history.

John McGuirk ‏@Jauntom 1h
@ddale8 The whole NBA is boring. Give both teams 100 points and play the last 2 minutes.

Daniel Dale ‏@ddale8 1h
@Jauntom extremely incorrect

Daniel Dale rules Twitter. The guy is (1) so good on the Ford story; (2) so patient and diplomatic about responding to all the whacko tweets about why the Star always reports about bad Ford news and never about bad Wynne news (not true, of course); (3) so patient and diplomatic about responding to all the impatient tweets about why the Star isn't getting answers from Rob and Doug as fast as we all would like; (4) not patient or diplomatic at all if you question the concept of being an NBA fan ...

Both Dale and Doolittle are a class above considering the vile that gets sent their way. It's easy to forget they are only in their late 20s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back