News   Jul 16, 2024
 547     2 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 1.4K     3 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course he would:

@2014Toronto: Actor on Rob Ford's campaign team hosts pot-smoking online show http://on.thestar.com/1qweCBE

"Sam Tarasco, whom Rob Ford recently announced as part of his campaign team, hosts a marijuana-smoking show in which he rolls and smokes joints, tells profane stories while high, and once smoked "green crack kush" marijuana on camera "in honour of Rob Ford.""

Last edited:
Of course he would:

@2014Toronto: Actor on Rob Ford's campaign team hosts pot-smoking online show http://on.thestar.com/1qweCBE

"Sam Tarasco, whom Rob Ford recently announced as part of his campaign team, hosts a marijuana-smoking show in which he rolls and smokes joints, tells profane stories while high, and once smoked "green crack kush" marijuana on camera "in honour of Rob Ford.""

I'm not against smoking pot and think cannabis should be legalized. But this fellow cannot be good for the mayor's campaign.

Ford will never won an election ever again if the ranked ballot initiative passes.
Ranked ballots don't always stop the crazies from winning. Given your use of the past tense above, I assume you're referring to 2010, not 2014. While I'd agree he has no chance in 2014, Ford would have won a ranked ballot election in 2010.

Temporarily coming out of lurkdom, I occasionally read that if there were ranked ballots in 2010 Ford still would have won. It's my conjecture that if there were ranked ballots in 2010, the field of candidates would have been quite different. Shelley Carroll might have been "allowed" by the OLP to run, for instance. Other reasonable candidates might have run as well. Ranked ballots would likely have changed everything, which is not to say that crazy candidates can't win with ranked ballots either.

Of course he would:

Well, that kinda backs up the idea that Tarasco was joining Ford's team in character only as some kind of joke.

Someone found her Facebook profile stating she's in Asia, which backs up what I was told. I also asked TPS about her. They say they can't talk about her. I asked can they at least verify that she's no longer missing. Then they reply that they just cancelled her missing person's report. I didn't see anything to verify that though. The owner of the house where that girl left her car in front of, Ken Boot, was apparently a client of Lisi's and he also rented his garage out to him.

I'm with TOBorn on this one. Something isn't right about the whole "gone to Asia" line. IIRC she was depressed and struggling to make ends meet as a physiotherapist, then suddenly she's got enough money to go to Asia and not even bother to tell her family or friends. Could be just coincidence, but sure is odd.

Last edited:
I agree, everything about that situation doesn't feel right--the way cops handled it, the way she took off without telling anyone and the way she left her car in front of that house.

It was also interesting that the new FB information only came up after a reporter from NP started asking questions. It's certainly left me wondering what really happened to her.

I agree, everything about that situation doesn't feel right--the way cops handled it, the way she took off without telling anyone and the way she left her car in front of that house.

What does it mean when a missing person's report is cancelled? Either she died or she was found. It hasn't been 7 years to call the whole search off.
She could have died naturally, have killed herself, or was murdered. If she died naturally or killed herself, the cops would talk about it. If she was murdered, maybe the cops can't talk about it because of who did it?
If she is still alive and was found, why wouldn't the cops talk about it? Was she kidnapped?
I agree, this is a matter worth pursuing.

Ranked ballots don't always stop the crazies from winning. Given your use of the past tense above, I assume you're referring to 2010, not 2014. While I'd agree he has no chance in 2014, Ford would have won a ranked ballot election in 2010.

Sadly, my past-tense usage was due to auto-correct on my tablet.

Assuming all else was the same, Ford might not have won in 2010 IF Smitherman was 48% of all other voters' first or second choice. He didn't win a majority - it would have been close, but it was possible.

Now, to be clear, I'm not saying he has no chance in 2014. It's frightening to me how much of a chance he has this year. If Ford does win this year, and the ranked ballot initiative passes, then he'll never win again from 2018 onwards. I believe that a Ford 2014 win will embolden him to be the asshole that he has always dreamed of being. With Doug not running for re-election, it wouldn't surprise me for 2014 Mayor Ford to name Doug Ford his chief of staff. Ford will become the asshole in its Final Form. I believe that he'll disenfranchise all but the insane, and he'll become so toxic that he'll rank last on every ballot that doesn't rank him first. Just my thoughts though.

Cristina Tenaglia ‏@cristina_CP24 6m
Tomorrow Ford Nation youtube show with @ToMayorFord and @JimmyKimmel to be posted. Kimmel wears black suit/red tie to mock mayor. #topoli

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back