664     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 593     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 734     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not Lisi, it's assistant Graeme McEachern.
This is too funny! (courtesy of Norm Wilner and MetroMan)
Bk0NN2ACEAAEEmL.jpg

Last edited:
Question: How do the bobbleheads fit with campaign finance rules?

I don't remember any rule specific to promotional items. If it's a "donation" to the campaign, the rules are clear about who and how much can be donated. Few politicians reach that celebrity status where they can offer swag or merch and actually raise funds with them.

I am wondering if Ford could simply sell merch like these as a private citizen and use the money earned for his campaign. There's no limit on your own money.

Quite sad that the only images I can remember of Rob Ford and his family are:

1- With his daughter giving the finger to reporters.
2- His wife on the pu$$y apology.
3- His wife before the baseball game on Friday.

Let's not forget that lovely picture of his young daughter kicking the store display of school supplies back in September. I've always wondered if she was making a back-to-school joke or behaving like a brat. Could go either way when you're stuck in front the cameras like that. I feel sorry for her.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/08/29/rob-ford-stocks-up-on-school-supplies/

(See the last photo in the set.)

hahah basic.

On another note Douggie just told reporters "I don't know why you guys focus on the little things like who is donating money" and "Rob's opponents all have corrupt people working on their campaigns" and my favourite, "Rob and I will never be involved in a scandal."

I guess the fact the last year has been a series of scandals has somehow escaped DoFo.

Is Jerry on vacation? Or does Rob no longer give a crap about DUIs now that he has been "cleared".

So Ford looked like crap today after his Escalade left his house at 10:30 last night. I really wish we knew where he went!

I guess the fact the last year has been a series of scandals has somehow escaped DoFo.

Doug forgot to say "...in a FINANCIAL scandal," which is their usual spin. Obviously that requires you to think it's respecting the taxpayers to send city staff to prep high school players' jock straps, retrieve bottles of Russian Prince and fix Renata's light bulbs....but then that kind of nuance is a bit beyond them.

(BTW - has anyone asked who payed for those 10,000 eggs? Were they donated or did the Fords actually pay for that?)

So Ford looked like crap today after his Escalade left his house at 10:30 last night. I really wish we knew where he went!

I kind of wondered if he'd heard the warrant rumours, and went to Deco. Absolutely nothing to support that, just a random thought I had. Kat clearly should have tailed him. ;)

Also, my first thought on hearing the police rumours last night was a domestic incident, rather than any other of the larger issues. I have absolutely no basis for this, but I'd imagined that executing the warrant at his home would require more than 4 police cruisers.

The idea that Ford is a serious candidate has been overblown by everyone, including his fellow candidates who want to use anti-Ford sentiment to their advantage. But the idea he will be re-elected mayor is laughable. The Forum polls used are also heavily skewed to the elderly, and the make up of the next election is likely going to be non-traditional and turnout will be abnormally high.

D and Everyone: What would worry me (and anyone that wants to get a new Mayor of Toronto elected later this year) is seeing either weak candidates
or the vote split between good candidates in a way that could get RF re-elected...

I feel that Torontonians need a strong electable Mayoral candidate that will gather enough support from the majority of Toronto's citizens that will
insure that RF can not win re-election...Unfortunately to me in the group of announced candidates no one stands out...

I realize that I am posting these thoughts for at least a second time but with the sheer size of this topic things can very easily get "lost in the shuffle"...

LI MIKE

Back to the bobbleheads. I think it's encouraging that the Ford camp has to sell these trinkets in order to raise funds whilst the other candidates seem to be able to rely on the normal routes. Also says something about Ford Nation and their 'I'm not spending a dime unless I get something in return' attitude.

Ben Johnson ‏@BenJohnson979 My meeting with Rob Ford yesterday was about how I can help him get into shape for his campaign this fall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back