180     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 933     3 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 1K     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it is related to a youtube link someone posted a few (10 maybe?) pages back. Someone called into a Philly radio station and went on and on about stupid stuff. They may have been a troll, but I don't know for sure, because I couldn't listen to the whole thing. It was too borning. But maybe at the end the person talked about Phil, Carol and missing pants.

Re: Pants

Don't want to rain on anybody's shits n' giggles, but it does seem kind of 'inside baseball' and leaves people scratching their pates. So, here's a partial explanation. It's only observed stuff:

4-5 days ago, a new redditor named 'TorontoEntity' showed up in r/toronto. Whether a real troll or a meta-troll, who knows. Anyway, this redditor happily, clearly and cogently expressed over-the-top pro-Ford opinions and perhaps (to some) inflammatory rhetoric. Like 'Forgotten'. Further, u/TorontoEntity's tendency was to drop the post and skedaddle, no interaction, debate, discussion. Then the user would pop up in another thread and do the same thing. In so doing, TE was racking up the negative karma in Reddit. Since he wouldn't engage, someone decided to maybe heckle a bit and spin this story about 'Phil', 'Barb', 'Carol' and, of course, 'The pants', which were apparently left behind after some kind of tryst. The narrative is becoming increasingly detailed with characters and plot unspooling. The more TE posts, the longer the tale will be spun one assumes.

It's kinda funny in its cumulative affect and in its native r/Toronto context. But yeah, it makes no sense here. But that's no reason to stop! Yay, Phil! Yay, pants.

ETA: That YouTube clip was from 'The Best Show' on WFMU. It's the concoction of the very funny Tom Scharpling. 'Philly Boy Roy' an ardent defender of Phladelphia, who is a frequent 'caller' to the show (it's an actor). The conversations are almost 'Goon Show'-esque in their surrealistic tilts and whirls.

Last edited:
Whelp, the hacking accusations have begun! According to Don Peat's twitter feed, Doug is claiming that prank is done by evil cyberbullies targeting his family, it's all because of them trying to stop the gravy train and that there have been hack attempts on Deco computers.

https://twitter.com/reporterdonpeat

Good thing they have the best computer guy in the business working on the campaign.

Ok so the only thing in common with the Philly radio station call is the troll reference?
At first I thought the 'pants' referred to Pantalone, because people were talking about him here, and how he had turned to the dark lobbyist side.

Well Dougie boy, you don't like your family being bothered? I'm sure Daniel Dale's family also didn't appreciate your brother charging at him with his fist cocked like he was going to beat him to a pulp, nor would they have been too pleased with the smear campaign that the two of you concocted for almost 2 years. I'm sure Pam McConnell's family wasn't happy with your brother going all rhino on her in council. What goes around, comes around and when you piss off enough people for a long enough time, it's going to bite you in the ass. Of course, this is assuming the site truly was hacked. You say people have been trying to hack Deco, but seeing that you lie about every single thing, forgive the rest of us if we have trouble believing you. Same goes for this pro-Ford site that has been around since 2012.

Jeez...... Again - this material writes itself.

Oliver Moore ‏@moore_oliver 2m
Disgraced sprinter/juicer Ben Johnson has joined Rob Ford's campaign team #cityvote #topoli

This material is FANTASTIC!

‏@reporterdonpeat
Mayor Rob Ford announces Ben Johnson & a Trailer Park Boys actor is working on his campaign team #TOpoli pic.twitter.com/H708vheYwo

Just "A Trailer Park Boys actor". No name?

Why do I think that this actor is actually a double agent?

I think it's Mr. Leahey, which is of course, awesome.

So in the last 24 hours, Doug has freaked out over someone offering a fake date with his daughter for a fundraiser, Rob has hired a disgraced Olympian and an actor known for playing a pathetic shithead to work on his campaign, and has been left with 10,00 eggs that he foolishly purchased for an Easter parade he was dis-invited too.

And this is pretty much a normal day in Toronto. I have to say, a very small part of me is going to miss this insanity when it's over. We'll never see times like these again. Which is good, but I can't tell you how much I laughed when I saw that picture of Ford with all those eggs.

edit: It's Sam Losco, not Mr. Leahey. Not quite as good, but it's still pretty funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back