392     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 860     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 1.1K     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
A UK passport holder does not need a visa in order to enter the US as a visitor. He or she does need a visa in order to enter the US to work, to attend school on a resident basis or to live for a period extending beyond the time allowed to a visitor. The story is that she was turned back at the airport in the UK because her existing visa had been cancelled in response to her very widely publicized testimony that she had used coke on a number of occasions over some years. (Her visa would be dealt with by the US Embassy in London. Lawson was a top story in every newspaper in London and on every news show broadcast in London, for days.) In effect, there were two avenues by which Lawson could be blocked - the visa or, if she had not needed a visa, she might have run up against a US immigration officer who was not willing to let her enter because she is a confessed (past anyway) user of cocaine. In the latter case, she would have been turned back at LAX.

The cases in which a Canadian needs a visa to enter the US are even fewer, and in any event none of the Ford bros. needed one for the recent trip; therefore, in their case the only avenue would have been if they Rob and/or Randy had been turned back at Pearson, or turned back at the airport in Chicago (if they flew to Chicago from the Island rather than from Pearson),* by running up against a US immigration officer who was unwilling to admit Rob due to his confessed use of crack and/or Randy due to his criminal record (although that was long ago and Randy could have applied for and received a US 'waiver' for that long ago).

*They flew to LAX via a stop-over in Chicago.

The chances of Randy getting a US Waiver for kidnapping and drug offenses are slim to none. This is a case of rich white men being entitled to things others are not.

Just to point out - that Instagram pic of Rob with the sweat stains posted by Kensington overnight was dated 2012, in case anyone believed that it was current.

Just a regular family enjoying a night out--

BkdjdiTCAAEog-F.jpg

Attachments

• BkdjdiTCAAEog-F.jpg
    BkdjdiTCAAEog-F.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 855
Perhaps this whole OPP pull back Wormington "exoneration" spin was to try to create a "false" ski slope effect - to give Ford a boost in the polls - so even if he does get arrested he'd have enough of a cushion to get re-elected (over Chow) even though he'd be awaiting trial...

I just don't see any mainstream candidate 'working' social media better than Ford. Depressing? Without a doubt. So, remind your favoured electoral hope they have to be more than simply 'Not Rob Ford'. They have to be electorally viable in this stupid modern context. Because if not. it's late night talk and drunken selfies for Ford-More-fucking years.

/rant off

Yeah, "working" social media. To death. Literally.

Which brings us to the posthumous possibilities...

http://selfiesatfunerals.tumblr.com/

From MM's twitter:

All indications are that Lisi will go to trial. This means that we'll see the crack video before the October 27 election. his lawyer's statements and actions to setup favourable conditions for a trial

My reporter friends say he's the joke of the journalism world. No one respects him, not even many Sun reporters. And they suspects he's made up facts and stories for his column a few times.

[video=youtube;i98zHfCZQO8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i98zHfCZQO8[/video]

From MM's twitter: "All indications are that Lisi will go to trial. This means that we'll see the crack video before the October 27 election..."

MM is reaching here. It's unlikely a Lisi trial would take place before Oct. 27. The court may hold a preliminary hearing by then, but in most cases there is a publication ban on the evidence presented. (Prelims only look at Crown evidence to determine if there's enough to warrant a trial.) That said, the public can attend prelims and there have been problems in other trials with media outlets outside Canada publishing evidence. Still, I don't see how any would get an actual copy of the crack video at that point.

From MM's twitter: "All indications are that Lisi will go to trial. This means that we'll see the crack video before the October 27 election. his lawyer's statements and actions to setup favourable conditions for a trial "

Highly unlikely. As Judge Nordheimer wrote in his reasons for raising the publication ban on the ITOs, any trial of Lisi would probably not occur for a couple of years, by which time details of the ITO info would have been been forgotten and prospective jurors would focus on evidence presented at the trial.

The last couple of tweets from MM show wishful thinking has replaced astute analysis of the slim facts available.

Oh, and Cooper types faster than me;)

[video=youtube;i98zHfCZQO8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i98zHfCZQO8[/video]

LOL, somehow I don't think Wormington is going to be catching any Pulitzers for his reporting, unlike the above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back