1.2K     0 
News   Jun 24, 2024
 915     0 
News   Jun 24, 2024
 571     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
So do you guys think Lisi knew that Project Traveler was an on-going investigation and would be bringing 'heat' to Dixon? Or was he talking out his ass when he made that threat? He said that in May and the raid wasn't until June.

Dirty cops tipped him off?

Now that's interesting. Are court hearing public domain?

There's usually a publication ban on publishing/broadcasting evidence at prelims because the defence doesn't present its story, no? It's all about hearing the Crown case and determining if there's enough to proceed to trial.

Last edited:
So do you guys think Lisi knew that Project Traveler was an on-going investigation and would be bringing 'heat' to Dixon? Or was he talking out his ass when he made that threat? He said that in May and the raid wasn't until June.

Why would a low level thug like that even think that the cops were in his pocket?

That is just crazy talk, if he didn't happen to be friends with the Mayor of the City.

Deleted my erroneous post re open hearing. Forgot that we are talking about a preliminary hearing here, not a trial. (My mistake. Can I re-vote?)

I think the cops are in the same boat.

I don't understand how the OPP didn't notify the TPS that they were no longer overseeing the investigation before the announcement. Nor do I understand how the OPP *apparently* didn't see evidence that TPS retrieved from Lisi's phone. Can someone explain this to me? It's as if TPS and OPP aren't communicating at all.

Why would a low level thug like that even think that the cops were in his pocket?

That is just crazy talk, if he didn't happen to be friends with the Mayor of the City.

Yeah, if he knew about Project T, I would assume Ford told him. And Ford's dirty cop friends told him.
But Lisi could have just been making things up too, and had a lucky guess.

Yeah, if he knew about Project T, I would assume Ford told him. And Ford's dirty cop friends told him.

My sense is Lisi thought it was an empty threat, or at least unrelated to Project T. He threatened the same thing in April when Ford's cell phone went missing.

It would be pretty BRAZEN of Lisi to extort someone that he knew was being wiretapped for drug dealing, so I think he was just shooting of his mouth using Ford's position and power as the leverage. No wonder Dixon Road gangs were blaming Ford for the raids, Lisi had told them to expect it.

It would be pretty BRAZEN of Lisi to extort someone that he knew was being wiretapped for drug dealing, so I think he was just shooting of his mouth using Ford's position and power as the leverage. No wonder Dixon Road gangs were blaming Ford for the raids, Lisi had told them to expect it.

That makes perfect sense. Because the cops really just stumbled upon Lisi and the threats through wire taps. But what he was saying was coincidentally what happened. It was going to happen regardless based on Traveller.

I'm guessing that Chief Blair is not one of the "dirty cops" that Rob Ford apparently knows. That's what I take from that link.

john lancaster ‏@jlancasterCBC 1m
Drama not over yet for #RobFord. We have learned he will likely be ordered to testify under oath at Lisi's preliminary hearing.

That might get really interesting... the whole reference letter question line will be great comedy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back