712     0 
News   May 08, 2024
 955     1 
News   May 08, 2024
 2.2K     3 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a theory, but do you think they are trying to give the Fords a false sense of security? If they know they are about to be arrested, who knows what they would do.

I just tweeted MetroMan to get his take on this angle. While it is always fun to dish out the info from the inside, I cannot see it helping the investigation.

This is interesting. Sounds like maybe the TPS aren't giving them everything they've got, and maybe this whole thing is because the OPP are getting pissy about it? Starting to sound like this is less about Ford and more about a war of wills between departments.

And if TPS isn't sharing everything with the OPP is there a good reason? Like they don't trust them with it?

My point is that I thought that the credo of journalism is to ask "who, what, where, when, why and how". Why (apparently) has none of the journalists asked the TPS and the OPP why the OPP says that is has received no info on the Lisi phone data?

Last edited:
View attachment 24365

Because? The TPS has not told them anything because they got nothing from searching through the data? Or the TPS has not told them anything because what they got from that search is not worth telling them about? Or the TPS has not told them anything because they have not completed searching through the data?

The fact the OPP hasn't seen any Lisi phone data, while Giroux is commenting in public that the investigation is very much ongoing suggests to me that unless there is some other lead not yet reported, the TPS may have something in the data.

I also find it strange that when the outgoing OPP Commissioner was interviewed by Warmington he said that the Lisi data would be make or break in terms of charges being levied on Ford. Yet today, the OPP comes out with a clear statement saying no charges will be laid at this time, despite having not knowing one way or the other what the Lisi data contains. Seems odd.

There is so much journalist bullshittery and obfuscation about today. It's infuriating.

Absolutely. It's now difficult having a logical discussion with the friends/acquaintances that I have been talking to who as of today are convinced Brazen 2 is done and Ford is clear for good.

Yeah it amazes me that there was a "known crack house" in Etobicoke which was allowed to remain operating, and yet no investigation to find out why the local police did nothing to shut it down.

Don't be too surprised about that, there's a trap house within a block of my place, known to locals and police. It's been there a year (Junction area).

View attachment 24365

Because? The TPS has not told them anything because they got nothing from searching through the data? Or the TPS has not told them anything because what they got from that search is not worth telling them about? Or the TPS has not told them anything because they have not completed searching through the data?

Or maybe there is something about Ford's connection to the OPP and/or Corrections Ministry on the phone?

Even more from Giroux:

“I know I did nothing wrong,” Ford said Thursday after reports emerged of a dispute between the OPP and local police in the investigation into him. “I knew the day was going to come that I’d be cleared and I guess today’s the day.”

But Det-Sgt. Gary Giroux, the Toronto Police homicide detective leading the investigation, said that is not the case.

“I have seen some of those comments myself,” the officer said. “What I am seeing on the news is not overly accurate. It’s my investigation, and my investigation is still going.”

Search warrant documents unsealed by a consortium of media lawyers revealed that Toronto Police took an iPhone belonging to Alexander “Sandro” Lisi, the mayor’s friend and former driver, to California where Apple Inc. unlocked 10 gigabytes of data.

Asked whether he has gone through the evidence that is on the phone, Det.-Sgt. Giroux declined to comment.

“Evidentiary stuff, I can’t get into,” he said.

Both CTV and CBC reported Thursday that the Crown says charges are unlikely.

But Project Brazen 2 is an “ongoing criminal investigation,” Toronto police spokesman Mark Pugash said.

“When it’s finished we expect to sit down with the Crown and the OPP [Ontario Provincial Police] and we will jointly decide what the next steps are.”

What the hell is going on here? Is Giroux lying?

Or maybe there is something about Ford's connection to the OPP and/or Corrections Ministry on the phone?

My point is that I thought that the credo of journalism is to ask "who, what, where, when, why and how". Why (apparently) has none of the journalists asked the TPS and the OPP why the OPP says that is has received no info on the Lisi phone data?

Folks, at this point there's only one thing we can do…

Start a petition to rename "Douglas Ford Park" in Etobicoke to "Anthony Smith Park." Who's with me?

The TPS, Crown attorneys and OPP need to sit down and discuss exactly what's going on here. A war of conflicting and confusing words in the press undermines public faith in the system.

View attachment 24365

Hi Pud... Do you (or anyone else) have a sense of the timeline of the recovery of the phone data? I seem to recall the TPS saying they had to get another warrant to review it because the initial warrant was granted in relation to a drug investigation rather than an extortion investigation. I've been wondering for a while if the TPS has really gone through the data yet, a possibility you raise in this post. You seem to have a handle on law-type stuff, so do have any insight on whether this is plausible?

The TPS, Crown attorneys and OPP need to sit down and discuss exactly what's going on here. A war of conflicting and confusing words in the press undermines public faith in the system.

That's not gonna happen. TPS is going to close ranks and pursue this independently. They're not going to let OPP put a Major Case Manager on it at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back