161     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 913     3 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 1K     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
And regarding the search warrant thing, MM got that tip from someone else. I would hope he got approval from whomever his source was to put out on Twitter. I'm sure he did.

I think it's some sort of dog whistle to Ford Nation. Kitchen table common sense (which we ALL have, even the "regular Joes") vs. a formal education/training (which the "elites" have).

I really dislike Stintz.

"Kitchen table common sense" means if you can't afford to pay yer bills, you gotta cut back, so let's sell all of our utilities and gut public services!1!!!! It's like quitting your second job and selling your car so that you have more free time and more money for about 2 weeks. It's just kitchen table common sense, duh!

It's either part of the police plan, or MM could be charged with obstructing

I wondered about this too---it seemed so obviously a dumb move, and MetroMan doesn't come off as a dumb guy, that I assumed there must be something more to the situation. Like, I'm sure he is aware that somebody in Ford's camp keeps half an eye on Twitter and specifically on him. So why would he spoil a police search?

I'm not sure if there's an easy way to look it up, but when was the last time Robbie won a vote in city council? Certainly not for a very long time on anything significant IIRC. Not only stripped of powers but also the lamest of ducks as mayor.

I wondered about this too---it seemed so obviously a dumb move, and MetroMan doesn't come off as a dumb guy, that I assumed there must be something more to the situation. Like, I'm sure he is aware that somebody in Ford's camp keeps half an eye on Twitter and specifically on him. So why would he spoil a police search?

He's said before that he became the guy that people go to when they want to leak something the press won't print. Seems to me that someone in the TPS wants to make Ford nervous and they're using MM to do it.

If there is a search warrant to be issued for Ford's home/office/DECO, wouldn't MM announcing it on Twitter give the Fords a heads up to destroy incriminating evidence?

That could be exactly what they want him to do, if they can observe him doing it - remember that that is how they got Conrad Black.

Also, never forget that the Fords are narcissistic idiots - they probably don't even know what is actually incriminating.

That could be exactly what they want him to do, if they can observe him doing it - remember that that is how they got Conrad Black.

Also, never forget that the Fords are narcissistic idiots - they probably don't even know what is actually incriminating.
It could also be a way to flush out witnesses/co-conspirators. People panic when the heat is on. The mention of DECO in particular could be about finding someone doing some dirty work in their employ, like that Basso brother.

Exactly. Would get an extra charge (again, for obstructing, I suppose)

He's said before that he became the guy that people go to when they want to leak something the press won't print. Seems to me that someone in the TPS wants to make Ford nervous and they're using MM to do it.

This would actually be kind of brilliant and explain MM putting his ass on the line with all this speculating and gossip-y stuff. But I hope they're not counting on this to nail the guy.

Exactly. Would get an extra charge (again, for obstructing, I suppose)

Well, just read up, and I'm wrong. It wouldn't be obstructing if he were shredding documents or burning boxes or whatever, since they are not yet evidence, and he would have to be knowingly tampering with official evidence to be in the same boat as Black. However, he could lead police to his drug stash, where there could be a great photo op :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back