247     0 
News   Jul 10, 2024
 575     0 
News   Jul 10, 2024
 2.2K     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
His opponents should capitalize on his imperfectness( not sure if is a word). Use words like his logic is impaired, his record is broken, Toronto's image under Ford is damaged....if they don't want to bring up the crack scandal they should use language that implies a reference to the scandal. His office has been secretive, his time has been mismanaged, if he can't manage his time effectively, how can he manage the city effectively.

Isn't that the truth? How can this be… is this the best we have in Toronto? Seriously?

Yeah we need someone who can play hardball with Ford and take him down, but who still is smart and compassionate.

The only one in the private sector taking RF on seems to be Tim Leiweke, but he is an American, right? He can't run can he?

Why didn't any of them mention the crack? What were they afraid of?
None of them were willing to be the first to take the low road. Chow did allude to it in her opening indirectly.

It will be centre stage before long. This campaign will get nasty. The example of George Smitherman and the sheer scummy hubris of Ford will make sure of that. Chow and Tory can't win without calling Ford out on his shit.

This fool said the city is booming with jobs but yet the unemployment rate is higher than the provincial average and higher than the average in the country. The rate has also increased since he became mayor.

If it hasn't yet penetrated into any of the skulls of the other Mayoral candidates that they have to play hardball with Ford, that it's not appropriate for them to campaign as if they're having tea and watercress sandwiches at the Ladies' Auxiliary Sewing Circle, then not a single one of them deserves to be Mayor. Not one. It sounds like Soknacki was trying at least, but he's going to have to do a fuck of a lot better. As for the rest of them, dear God.

Yes, I know: It's the first debate, it's early yet, etc. etc. I find that I really don't care. After everything he's done, they have to smack him down hard, and continue smacking him down if they're to have any hope of overcoming the Fords' mountain of bullshit. There are no two ways about it.

I like Soknacki the best after this debate but too bad he won't be able to win.

Me too. But his numbers need to take a big jump. Hopefully further debates down the road would fix that. Otherwise he'd be gone by the summer. If only we had ranked ballots now.

Me too. But his numbers need to take a big jump. Hopefully further debates down the road would fix that. Otherwise he'd be gone by the summer. If only we had ranked ballots now.
He needs to speak better, and work on his emotional intelligence quotient. Lol he came across as Spock.
I like him best on paper, but he is terrible on screen.
I feel like we don't have our new mayor in that bunch of candidates.

During Ford's post-debate scrum he mentioned that a few councillors are retiring. Anyone know which ones? I know Del Grande won't be returning. Doug Ford isn't coming back, but that isn't really considering "retiring". Did he let something out of the bag by mistake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back