377     0 
News   Jun 27, 2024
 680     1 
News   Jun 27, 2024
 438     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disagree. There are thousands of people who can tell themselves "so what, the mayor gets drunk and smokes a little crack in his spare time, at least he keeps taxes low." But how many of those would also say "it's no problem if the mayor is passed on a pool table surrounded by gun-toting gang members, at least he keeps taxes low?"
who among us has not been to a party where when you take substances until you pass out, and then people pull out guns and pose next to your incapacitated, bloated body?

Latte-sipping, streetcar-riding elitists, that's who! *shakes fist in air, kicks at dirt* ;)

And he's obviously the victim here.

robyndoolittle 4:40pm via Twitter for iPhone
The mayor's lawyer Dennis Morris is speaking with CP24. "The mayor is the victim" he says.

And his enemies have very bad intentions--

jamesarmstrong7 4:40pm via TweetDeck
Dennis Morris says the 'crack video' will probably leak before the election. "Somebody has it in mind that they want to hurt the mayor."
Could Hotmail Lawyer please clarify just exactly what Rob is a victim of, besides his own stupidity?

Would it be better for the crack video to air at another time? I've got news for you, Morris, the fact that a crack video exists is the problem, not when it airs. (well, the crack video and a whole host of other issues are the problem)

I've started to think that he might not have any access to money from Deco. His house is old and shabby and he bought it quite a while ago. He doesn't own his Escalade, that's a Deco leased vehicle. It's very possible that Doug and dear old mom don't trust him with money knowing his habits and childish lack of control. I'm sure they have money held for him in trust, they just won't let him have it now. So that leaves his salary as mayor.

I've always assumed the shabby house has more to do with lazy indifference than it does with lack of assets. Can't see Rob prioritizing redecorating his house over getting high and drunk. Not to mention, his idea of shopping for his wife is...writing a cheque.

As for Renata, she is apparently incapable of procuring her own cigarettes and diet Coke. Her parents apparently take care of the children most days. I'm guessing buying new furniture is probably a bit ambitious, never mind the effort and disruption involved in repainting walls and refinishing floors.

Never underestimate the power of a drunken stupor defense!

The people that support that defense are probably also "totally ok" with the "bad chinese" or "nazi symbol" tattoo they got in Tijuana because they were "totally hammered" when it happened... LOL ;)

The problem is not Mayor( well, maybe in Ford's case) but all the people
who are in the City Hall doing nothing for the city. Ok, not anything but if that is the best they can do
WE ARE IN TROUBLE!
Yes,every big city has issues but eventually everything moves forward and city is going in right direction.
I love this city but Toronto is so behind with everything.

This is rather inscrutable. In what ways is Toronto "so behind with everything"?

Also, "every big city has issues but eventually everything moves forward"?

What are these places where "everything has moved forward"?

Morris is doing what any high priced lawyer is paid to do, defend his client.

Rob lies to everyone about everything so I'm sure Morris doesn't have a clue what really has gone on.

Entrapment: A bunch of thugs saw a chance to make some money, so they lured Ford into a situation that any non-perfect man would have found appealing, and secretly video-taped his actions. After that, they black-mailed him.

VICTIM

Just goes to show that you need to be choosy about where you smoke crack. Should have stayed in the basement Rob.

I've always assumed the shabby house has more to do with lazy indifference than it does with lack of assets. Can't see Rob prioritizing redecorating his house over getting high and drunk. Not to mention, his idea of shopping for his wife is...writing a cheque.

It certainly wouldn't cost them anything to remove the snowman Christmas decoration that's still hanging in their front window...

I don't know - the running away at the end makes him look weak and like he is hiding something. Had he kept walking it would have had a different effect.

Rofo had a "guest" with him ("where's my guest...Giles!) apparently from UK shooting something about food trucks...the big dramatic running up the step and preparing security ("hey guys follow me ok? now...) seems to me now that its all a part of his loving this kind of limelight in the same way Kimmel show did...he hasn't got the wherewithall to clearly understand what's really happening...no sense of those particular ramifications at all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back