News   Jun 27, 2024
 683     1 
News   Jun 27, 2024
 441     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
i.e. he's Michael Coren's cousin?

Giles Coren's father was Alan Coren. Alan Coren was Michael's uncle.

I think that makes Giles and Michael first cousins once removed, but I've never been good at keeping the terms straight.

Not hugely relevant to anything, but I wonder if the connection is known to Ford.

I don't know what Giles Coren is like, but his dad struck me as a decent sort, quite a funny guy, who would have lampooned the likes of Ford gently but effectively.

I can't stand Michael Coren and - perhaps not coincidentally - he has been a lukewarm defender of Ford, one of the 'But he does so much for disadvantaged kids! He really does have the common touch!' school.

Project Brazen 2 is an investigation into Ford and Lisi. Lisi is facing drug charges. Hence, the drug trafficking comment in the ITO. That's how I see it. I don't think Rob Ford is Pablo Escobar.

I believe Giroux called it an investigation into criminality by the Mayor and in the Mayor's office.

I only hear hints in bits and pieces so not sure why it would be important. He's passed out on a pool table with Smith and co touting guns around him.

Oh Jesus Christ... THAT will totally be the new "How to kill your career" Internet meme poster/screen-saver for a very, very long time to come...

Last edited:
You are speculating, you do not have a clue....
There are two separate companies Deco Labels and Doug Ford Holdings
What speculations you make maybe correct for Doug Ford Holdings as mother and sons are equal directors....however Randy is the listed owner of Deco Labels and what he says goes....
The land and the company are owned in trust with Mom, Doug, Rob and Randy as trustees. It's not known if those are equal divisions or not. Nor is it known what money (if any) is paid out because it's private with closed books. Now the mother being the matriarch of the business and political "empire" that dad built is obviously the major power. Then there is Doug who spent most of his adult life in the business and was responsible for it's expansion.

That family isn't like most families. The bosses of the clan call the shots and the others basically toe the line.

Read about it here.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...f-average-guy-mayor-rob-ford/article15574327/

Just thought about it… Ford could get hit with trafficking for exchanging weed for his phone. Check it:
Screen Shot 2014-03-19 at 4.21.49 PM.jpg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-03-19 at 4.21.49 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-03-19 at 4.21.49 PM.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 422
Stephanie Smyth ‏@stephaniesmyth · 3h
@TOMayorFord lawyer Dennis Morris tells @CP24 he doesn't have latest Ford documents - asked us for them so he could see them. #TOpoli

So we still don't know if it was Smith who recorded the video or he had the bad luck of being present.
Could you imagine if they decided to use him (Smith) as a "dead" pawn because of THAT photo (the Mayor posing with a shooting victim) would be push back against Lisi's threats?

Maybe that photo was meant to be a second source of income to the owner?

I don't see the photo of a passed-out Ford with guns waved around him as being his legal undoing, but it is another entry in the 'Rob Ford makes terrible choices that come back to haunt him' file. I think you might be on to something in terms of it being a tool for extortion, especially if Ford didn't actually know there was a video or thought it had been destroyed.

Pedro Marques ‏@MetroManTO · 3h
@DuckieDuckDuck Yes. Brazen 2 team is clearly aware of wrongdoing, knows what happened, solidifying evidence with new ITOs.

Giles Coren's father was Alan Coren. Alan Coren was Michael's uncle.

I think that makes Giles and Michael first cousins once removed, but I've never been good at keeping the terms straight.

That makes them first cousins, full stop. If, hypothetically, Michael had a son, the son and Giles would be first cousins once removed, and if Giles had a daughter, Michael's son and Giles' daughter would be second cousins.

Pedro Marques ‏@MetroManTO · 3h
@DuckieDuckDuck it all points to what I've been told that charges are coming soon. New ITO may delay timeline. I'm still banking on April.

I don't see the photo of a passed-out Ford with guns waved around him as being his legal undoing, but it is another entry in the 'Rob Ford makes terrible choices that come back to haunt him' file. I think you might be on to something in terms of it being a tool for extortion, especially if Ford didn't actually know there was a video or thought it had been destroyed.

It won't be his LEGAL undoing… it'll be his total undoing in the eyes of the public. It crosses a line that hasn't been crossed yet in what's been publicly released. It makes the highest office look utterly compromised to street thugs. He's a goner if that photo comes out, more so than if the crack video comes out I think, since everyone's already imagined the crack video and talked about it 100 times.

I too read the phrase "indicative of drug trafficking" as RoFo being involved in the actual drug operation. That, to me, is a total headscratcher. If it's true, what makes him tick? He has family wealth and he's earning a mayor's salary, he's in the public eye and he does not appear to have a lavish lifestyle. Why on earth would he be involved in what seems to be smallish-time dealing with Lisi, who doesn't seem like the brightest bulb in the box?
Trade discount? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back