News   Jul 17, 2024
 502     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 1K     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
lizchurchto 12:30pm via Twitter for BlackBerry
Mayor Rob Ford on Olivia Chow: She makes David Miller look like a Conservative.".

And Rob Ford makes Marion Barry look like a Mormon...

I guarantee Rob got that line from Doug. That sounds like classic Doug. They've been saving that one for weeks.

I can just see them giggling together like teenagers as they wrote down lines to use once Chow entered the race.

"Good one, Jones!" Seriously, what IS their strategy? Besides coming out swinging at everybody...I'm dying to hear the debates.

"Good one, Jones!" Seriously, what IS their strategy? Besides coming out swinging at everybody...I'm dying to hear the debates.

How about this one that came up on Twitter too: "She never met a public dollar that she didn't want to spend."

It's really sad how tired and lame and un-clever these rips on Chow are. I mean, I know they're stupid but they HAD to be ready for this, didn't they? This is what they came up with in the last 2 1/2 months?

ETA: Oops, look like that scalding hot burn is courtesy of Tory (Kouvalis?). Even less impressive.

Last edited:
How about this one that came up on Twitter too: "She never met a public dollar that she didn't want to spend."

Isn't that literally the point of public dollars? To spend them? On the public?

edit: Sorry to burst the bubble, but that was Tory's spokesman Amanda Galbraith who said that. I sure don't fault you for attributing it to the Fords, it sounds exactly like them.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Let's invent some future idiotic Ford quotes re: Chow:
"Her spending plan would make Karl Marx blush"
"Her lefty friends on council are going to leave Toronto poor as a church mouse"
"She's got a three part plan, folks - spend, spend, and spend."
"She wants to run the city like a charity. I'm gonna keep running it like a business"

"She wants to run the city like a charity. I'm gonna keep running it like a business"

Literally heard that in his voice

"She doesn't respect the taxpayers, that's what I've always done folks, look at my record and look at her record. Tax and spend, tax and spend. I don't see Olivia Chow going into THC, er, TCH."

I don't see Olivia Chow going into THC, er, TCH."
Unless she plans to live there. We know how much she liked living with Jack in subsidized housing.

Will Sloan ‏@WillSloanEsq 7m
What I like about Rob Ford is, his opponents spend months carefully working out campaign strategies, and Rob basically just flings poop.

In school, I remember seeing a documentary about political corruption and 'controlling the image'. There was a section on Ronald Reagan. His handlers didn't knw how to control his message, since RR was so dumb and couldn't speak at length intelligently. Then they came up with the idea of just using images. They just got RR to pose, smiling with babies, and saying very little.

"Reagan's effectiveness as a public speaker earned him the moniker, "Great Communicator." "
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speeches_and_debates_of_Ronald_Reagan#Oratorical_style

I doubt anyone will ever say that about Rob Ford.

Last edited:
"Her lefty friends on council are going to leave Toronto poor as a church mouse"

These are good. I'm picturing so much lamer. I'm picturing the Fords refusing to attend debates because "Talk is cheap."

Hah! Better slip in a dud or two in case they start stealing your stuff.

The only one which didn't ring true when my imagination read them out to me in Rob Ford's whiny voice was the first one. What the hell do the Fords know about embarassment?

I really, really hope Rofo's opponents dig into his voting record and how it contradicts the image he's pushing. I feel like potential voters don't really pay attention to the actual facts, they just believe the stumping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back