615     0 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 674     0 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 1.2K     3 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Other that it is pure stupidity, I can't figure out why is Ford taunting Blair to arrest him? It's not as if he is a paragon of virtue -- he jaywalks, beats his wife, has been seen driving while distracted (reading papers), plus I am sure that they could easily catch driving while drunk, etc., -- I think they have just looked the other way before and he could have easily been arrested or at least fined -- so why is he now just taunting Blair to have him arrested? He better now watch out for what he is asking for.

He has gotten away with so much for so long, I'm not surprised by his hubris.

There's a general narrative emerging that goes like this: The Rob Ford who ran for mayor in 2010 had a platform that was generally popular, and if he didn't have all of these personal problems, he could have been a good mayor. Thus, we need a new mayor who basically adopts the Ford agenda without having Ford's personal problems.

Nothing could be further from the truth. Ford's 2010 platform was disastrous and unrealistic. That's why it didn't go anywhere. His drug problems are just an added distraction on what was already a failed mayoralty. We will have the same problems if Stintz, Tory, or Soknacki get elected. They're promising tax cuts all over the place, but won't tell you what services they'll need to cut. And then Tory has the gall to complain about how the City's closing its ice rinks?? How about because the City ran out of money, Tory? The VRT might have come in handy in keeping the rinks open.

Very well said.

This needs to be Chow's direction.

Ultimately, despite how much I loathe the Mayor and his brother's praxis, I do want the city I was born in, live in, and love, to be untarnished of the taint of a criminally charged and tried and convicted Mayor.

On the contrary, in order to be vindicated and not end up looking like a city pusillanimous fools Toronto needs these two thugs to be charged, thrown in the slammer, and publicly disgraced with no pulpit from which to respond (except a jail cell).

He has gotten away with so much for so long, I'm not surprised by his hubris.

Or just arrogance... he is no doubt in any position due to others, and not his own volition. He's a trust fund baby, spoiled rotten, and allowed to run amok with "the common folk".

Or just arrogance... he is no doubt in any position due to others, and not his own volition. He's a trust fund baby, spoiled rotten, and allowed to run amok with "the common folk".

The last "MAJOR" and "CONTROVERSIAL" politician to use the term "FOLKS" since Doug Ford was.... Adolf Hitlers' Nazi Propaganda Machine...

OK I have compiled a list of the Arrest Pool entries so far. Some people threw out multiple dates, so I just picked one of those.
Please double check that I have the right date for you. I'll continue to add to the list as more picks come in!

SecretSquirrell Mar 12
EagleEye Mar 13
animatronic Mar 15
sno man Mar 15
FromTheHammer Mar 15
BeefSupreme Mar 15
ParkdalePetunia Mar 18
OSS 117 Mar 19
Kat_YYZ Mar 19
blackballed Mar 29

JWFB Apr 01
Mope Apr 01
VintagePunk Apr 04
JWFB's wife Apr 08
pattycakes Apr 19
R4V4G3D_SKU11S Apr 21

Riverdale Rink Rat May 01

TinyTiny Aug 4

flonicky Sep 15

OK I have compiled a list of the Arrest Pool entries so far. Some people threw out multiple dates, so I just picked one of those.
Please double check that I have the right date for you. I'll continue to add to the list as more picks come in!

SecretSquirrell Mar 12
EagleEye Mar 13
animatronic Mar 15
sno man Mar 15
FromTheHammer Mar 15
BeefSupreme Mar 15
ParkdalePetunia Mar 18
OSS 117 Mar 19
Kat_YYZ Mar 19
blackballed Mar 29

JWFB Apr 01
Mope Apr 01
VintagePunk Apr 04
JWFB's wife Apr 08
pattycakes Apr 19
R4V4G3D_SKU11S Apr 21

TinyTiny Aug 4

flonicky Sep 15

That's fantastic, now we need a prize for the winner. Bobblehead? Crack Pipe? Any other suggestions?

A lot of ambitious picks in there! August 5th for me.

SecretSquirrell Mar 12
EagleEye Mar 13
animatronic Mar 15
sno man Mar 15
FromTheHammer Mar 15
BeefSupreme Mar 15
ParkdalePetunia Mar 18
OSS 117 Mar 19
Kat_YYZ Mar 19
blackballed Mar 29

JWFB Apr 01
Mope Apr 01
VintagePunk Apr 04
JWFB's wife Apr 08
pattycakes Apr 19
R4V4G3D_SKU11S Apr 21

TinyTiny Aug 4

flonicky Sep 15

I'm gonna go March 16th.

I think he's absolutely right:

"If Tory falters, voters will scatter to Stintz, Soknacki, or the as-yet undeclared Olivia Chow—but all of the evidence we have today suggests somewhere between half and two-thirds of the city’s voters wouldn’t cross the street to spit on Ford in October.
Which is why Rob and Doug are going so utterly, batshit, barking at the moon, Carrie’s-wall-from-Homeland crazy. They will do absolutely anything to try to win, and no scruple, ethic, moral, or shame will restrain them. So buckle up, it’s going to be a long year."

http://www.randomhouse.ca/hazlitt/blog/connecting-dots-doug-fords-hideous-mind

We don't know that there won't be corruption charges.

Ford's been quite visible in lesser acts of corruption; soliciting lobbyists for his charity using the office; time theft, abuse of public resources, cronyism, violating ethics rules, etc. I have zero doubt that if he feels this sort of stuff is okay, he's in far deeper.

SecretSquirrell Mar 12
EagleEye Mar 13
animatronic Mar 15
sno man Mar 15
FromTheHammer Mar 15
BeefSupreme Mar 15
ParkdalePetunia Mar 18
OSS 117 Mar 19
Kat_YYZ Mar 19
blackballed Mar 29

JWFB Apr 01
Mope Apr 01
VintagePunk Apr 04
JWFB's wife Apr 08
pattycakes Apr 19
R4V4G3D_SKU11S Apr 21

TinyTiny Aug 4

flonicky Sep 15

Put me down for March 14th. Probably earlier then he'd realistically be arrested; more of a "I hope he's arrested by then" date

SecretSquirrell Mar 12
EagleEye Mar 13
animatronic Mar 15
sno man Mar 15
FromTheHammer Mar 15
BeefSupreme Mar 15
ParkdalePetunia Mar 18
OSS 117 Mar 19
Kat_YYZ Mar 19
blackballed Mar 29

JWFB Apr 01
Mope Apr 01
VintagePunk Apr 04
JWFB's wife Apr 08
pattycakes Apr 19
R4V4G3D_SKU11S Apr 21

TinyTiny Aug 4

flonicky Sep 15

Count me in for April 15th!

SecretSquirrell Mar 12
EagleEye Mar 13
animatronic Mar 15
sno man Mar 15
FromTheHammer Mar 15
BeefSupreme Mar 15
ParkdalePetunia Mar 18
OSS 117 Mar 19
Kat_YYZ Mar 19
blackballed Mar 29

JWFB Apr 01
Mope Apr 01
VintagePunk Apr 04
JWFB's wife Apr 08
pattycakes Apr 19
R4V4G3D_SKU11S Apr 21

TinyTiny Aug 4

flonicky Sep 15
You forgot me! I was the first to go with the Ides of March. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back