1.9K     1 
News   Jul 10, 2024
 634     0 
News   Jul 10, 2024
 958     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice response from Jackson Proskow regarding Doug Ford's attempt to shame him for asking "biased" questions. This passage acknowledging bias is in full evidence in certain members of Toronto's media names no names, but screams Jow Warmington.

http://globalnews.ca/news/1179173/blog-theres-no-bias-in-asking-a-tough-question/

"However tough a question may be, it is not an indication of bias, it’s simply the result of a journalist doing their job. In fact, one could well argue that the larger bias comes from those who don’t ask tough questions and fail to offer proper scrutiny to our elected representatives."

OK I have compiled a list of the Arrest Pool entries so far. Some people threw out multiple dates, so I just picked one of those.
Please double check that I have the right date for you. I'll continue to add to the list as more picks come in!

SecretSquirrell Mar 12
EagleEye Mar 13
animatronic Mar 15
sno man Mar 15
FromTheHammer Mar 15
BeefSupreme Mar 15
ParkdalePetunia Mar 18
OSS 117 Mar 19
Kat_YYZ Mar 19
blackballed Mar 29

JWFB Apr 01
Mope Apr 01
VintagePunk Apr 04
JWFB's wife Apr 08
pattycakes Apr 19
R4V4G3D_SKU11S Apr 21

Riverdale Rink Rat May 01

TinyTiny Aug 4

flonicky Sep 15

June 18

Can we just step back for a second and reflect on this situation:

The mayor of Toronto (albeit one with reduced powers) and his most trusted councillor, who also happens to be his brother, are openly challenging the legitimacy of the Chief of Police.

This is:
1) Not normal
2) Wrong
3) Not sustainable
4) A very bad precedent
5) Inflicting damage on the city

I could go on, but the point is that charges (and, let's be honest, there will be charges) really need to come soon because this is a very, very bad situation that is growing worse daily. And I'm not even talking about the prospect of Ford killing someone in a drunken stupor.

Can we just step back for a second and reflect on this situation:

The mayor of Toronto (albeit one with reduced powers) and his most trusted councillor, who also happens to be his brother, are openly challenging the legitimacy of the Chief of Police.

This is:
1) Not normal
2) Wrong
3) Not sustainable
4) A very bad precedent
5) Inflicting damage on the city

I could go on, but the point is that charges (and, let's be honest, there will be charges) really need to come soon because this is a very, very bad situation that is growing worse daily. And I'm not even talking about the prospect of Ford killing someone in a drunken stupor.

I take issue with your description of Doug Ford as a councillor, since what the hell has he ever done for Ward 2? (Beyond that chain-link fence near 320 Dixon).

Perhaps you could describe him as "counsellor", since he is advising Robbie. The outcome of that marriage made in hell is plain to see.

Every day, I half-expect to see "Mayor's Escalade involved in collision; cyclist pronounced dead at the scene", and every time I have that thought I feel a sense of nausea and dread creeping up and down my spine.

"Unconfirmed reports allege that the Mayor had been drinking before getting behind the wheel."

...and some family's nightmare begins.

Hopefully not today or any other damn day, but based on the evidence (and Ford's own admission and Diane Ford's "breathalyzer" comment which I still can't believe was breezed over by the press) it's something which could happen at pretty much any point.

Last edited:
OK I have compiled a list of the Arrest Pool entries so far. Some people threw out multiple dates, so I just picked one of those.
Please double check that I have the right date for you. I'll continue to add to the list as more picks come in!

SecretSquirrell Mar 12
EagleEye Mar 13
animatronic Mar 15
sno man Mar 15
FromTheHammer Mar 15
BeefSupreme Mar 15
ParkdalePetunia Mar 18
OSS 117 Mar 19
Kat_YYZ Mar 19
blackballed Mar 29

JWFB Apr 01
Mope Apr 01
VintagePunk Apr 04
JWFB's wife Apr 08
pattycakes Apr 19
R4V4G3D_SKU11S Apr 21

Riverdale Rink Rat May 01

TinyTiny Aug 4

flonicky Sep 15

heh....April 18th
EasterDuuuude.jpg

Attachments

• EasterDuuuude.jpg
    EasterDuuuude.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 421
I take issue with your description of Doug Ford as a councillor, since what the hell has he ever done for Ward 2? (Beyond that chain-link fence near 320 Dixon).

Last week, one of the women at my work told me that he showed up on her street to help deal with a broken water main.

This is not a defence of him at all; just that he probably has done some constituent work like that throughout his tenure.

Last week, one of the women at my work told me that he showed up on her street to help deal with a broken water main.

This is not a defence of him at all; just that he probably has done some constituent work like that throughout his tenure.

Fair comment. First chainsaws, now water pipes. Doug truly is a multi-talented blue-collar hard-working man of the people.

To put it another way, I'm unclear what benefit there is to his showing up in person.

Wormington is on CP24 now being grilled by the "biased" Stephen Ledrew. What an idiot. Talks in the same hoser-speak as Doug Ford. Is there some weird cult of "Holy-jumpin', Buddy, I gotta get my Timmies!" canuckleheads having secret meetings to solidify talking points before they go on tv to spout nonsense? And I'm not the biggest Toronto police booster in the world, but Wormington carries his distrust of the cops to a pathological degree. I guess he must have gotten a ride on the Cherry Beach express once upon a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back