2.1K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 1.5K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 801     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps read the Police Services Act and regulations regarding the leaking of information. Idle speculation is pretty much worthless.

Where have you been? That's the best part of this forum, we all get to vent our frustrations and speculate what is coming down the road.

I agree. Rob is due for a drunken/drug stupor and I see an all out breakdown this weekend.
(Pure idle speculation though :D)

I'm wondering if he'll even show up at CH today. The Pity Party has probably already started, wonder which bar he'll show up at this weekend. Sad. I feel bad for his kids, they are doomed and will turn out just like him.

I wouldn't know how to change the settings even if I wanted to. Way behind in the techno race, I'm afraid. Noobs I am.

I thought the initial questions from Paikin were all solid, but he didn't follow them up at all. Regardless, I can agree that Doug seemed off, a bit nervous. He also really rarely blinks, it's so off-putting.

Winners get to the top this way. Good cop / bad cop kind of thing. Only way to win.

I see your point (and I mostly agree) but then how did Ford win?

Sure, he had Kouvalis, but that's not good cop / bad cop, it's bad cop / drug-addicted moron.

Put me down for March 12th. No reason other than we've reached what feels like endgame, and I just hope it's gonna happen soon.

I thought the initial questions from Paikin were all solid, but he didn't follow them up at all. Regardless, I can agree that Doug seemed off, a bit nervous. He also really rarely blinks, it's so off-putting.

I guess it's because it's TV Ontario rather than TV Toronto, but I was disappointed that Paikin didn't get into actual policy questions with Doug Ford. Instead of letting him constantly talk about Rob's "record" and how they're going to build subways all over the city, how about forcing them to explain how they're going to pay for the subways or how their record involves both tax/fee increases AND service cuts.

There's a general narrative emerging that goes like this: The Rob Ford who ran for mayor in 2010 had a platform that was generally popular, and if he didn't have all of these personal problems, he could have been a good mayor. Thus, we need a new mayor who basically adopts the Ford agenda without having Ford's personal problems.

Nothing could be further from the truth. Ford's 2010 platform was disastrous and unrealistic. That's why it didn't go anywhere. His drug problems are just an added distraction on what was already a failed mayoralty. We will have the same problems if Stintz, Tory, or Soknacki get elected. They're promising tax cuts all over the place, but won't tell you what services they'll need to cut. And then Tory has the gall to complain about how the City's closing its ice rinks?? How about because the City ran out of money, Tory? The VRT might have come in handy in keeping the rinks open.

Yeah, who didn't have their settings at 40 posts per page! Noobs?

Mostly just so you can discuss page numbers as a location with people who aren't technically inclined enough to link directly to a post.

Also easier to navigate when there's fewer posts per page, if you're looking for something someone said and all you remember it was "a page or two ago" you'd only have to skim 40 posts but with 40 posts per page you'd have to skim 80.

Default works for me ;-)

I've heard the Det. Giroux and team were at City Hall yesterday. Apparently they made themselves quite visible. Not sure if this means anything at all but wonder if related to the Ford's recent outbursts.
Nobody from the media tweeted about this. You'd think they'd be all over it if they made themselves "quite visible".

Jesus you people are being mean today.

eoenR6c.jpg

just saw this...
Keep up the good work RFWW!!!
rob ford work watch sm.jpg

Attachments

• rob ford work watch.jpg
    rob ford work watch.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 332
  • rob ford work watch sm.jpg
    rob ford work watch sm.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 380