879     1 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 818     0 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 1.4K     3 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Paikin has done a good job. Doug is a joke.

He did alright but they were covering a lot of ground and he let a lot of things slide. Doug went on and on and on about elitists and it would have been awful easy to say, "Well, you guys are millionaires who go fishing with the PM and finance minister..." for example. He pushed back a little on the media bias thing but asking to Doug to name ONE of these many foreign media people who are shocked at the bias here would have been nice.

Doug and Rob are at the point where I don't think there's a single answer I couldn't answer on their behalf. Their dialogue has been distilled to the most obvious, repeatable talking points. It's impossible for either of them to speak for more than 90 seconds without mentioning the gym and I just want to punch the TV every time they do it. And THAT really goes to show mama Ford's influence, eh? She lists "lose some weight!" as Robbie's main problem and now the whole family is fixated on making mama proud.

It was certainly vintage Doug, if you're into that sort of thing. The belligerence, the dead-eyed stare, the complaints that everyone is out to get him - BULLYING him, in fact...a real master class.

I wasn't sure if today's commotion was confidence on the part of the Fords or a freak out. Apparently it's the latter. They're freaking out about what police have found on Sandro's phone.

Sounds like they are trying to get a reaction from Blair in order to try and muddy things up. Confuse and misdirect.

Tory commenting that this is a "disgrace" - and I am a Chow supporter - tells me the game is over. Ford will be lucky with 10% come October if his signage doesn't include an orange jump suit.

You came up with the same number I was thinking earlier today, before the meltdown. They are circling the drain......

You came up with the same number I was thinking earlier today, before the meltdown. They are circling the drain......

And (don't get me wrong) I am VERY HAPPY with either Tory or Chow as Mayor - I just think Chow will get more voters engaged.

As I previously alluded to, these are pervasive attitudes on UT, and in this thread in particular. It's high time it gets called out for what it is. It seems reality might be sinking in and getting through to some.

If I can educate and save just one person from the UT agenda, my time here would have been worth it.

But then there are others still stuck in the dark ages...

Whatever. It's an anonymous forum. Thicken your skin. The mods do a very good job, and anything they don't screen is just fine by me.

A tale of two cities:

Rob Ford told the arresting officer in Florida to “Go ahead take me to jail” before he was arrested.

See link. From an incident in 1999 in Florida.

'Arrest me’: Mayor dares Bill Blair as Fords accuse police chief of working for John Tory

See link. From 2014, in Toronto.

Last edited:
Gosh, listening/watching Rob and Doug today, I keep thinking "these are adults?" When the talk radio guys have had it and/or are laughing, you're done. These guys don't get it.

Something about the Florida DWI incident that gets overlooked: as he was saying to the officer, Go ahead and take me to jail, he threw his wallet on the pavement. Weird attempt at a bribe?

Something about the Florida DWI incident that gets overlooked: as he was saying to the officer, Go ahead and take me to jail, he threw his wallet on the pavement. Weird attempt at a bribe?

Even weirder. He was alone (not with Renata), in a sketchy part of town far from his parents' condo. I'm guessing he was shopping for something that could only be found at certain locations. Just a guess.

Even weirder. He was alone (not with Renata), in a sketchy part of town far from his parents' condo. I'm guessing he was shopping for something that could only be found at certain locations. Just a guess.

Didn't he say he was drinking wine with his wife at dinner? Did he drop her off and then go on the prowl? Sounds like he's been living a certain lifestyle for a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back