News   Jun 28, 2024
 1.5K     1 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 574     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blair's response/ interview.

Because of my devious mind ��, I'd say Blair's response-interview is strategic and is meant to bait the gumba brothers!

Hear my logic.....Blair is NOT reactive and does not respond emotionally. His G20 statements were strategic (if not devious) and he has the support of aides/ lawyers to consult before making formal statements. Plus, he has the right to defend himself!

Druggie Ford is making major tactical errors here!

I worry that the increase in public statements from the police mean they're hoping it will cause the Fords to slip because they don't have anything.

No offence but those emails are going to go straight to the trash folder. It's silly to think a company like Maple Leaf Foods would think about breaking contracts and changing suppliers because of temporary municipal politics nonsense.

…unless someone can get a few newspapers to write some stories with headlines like "Maple Leaf Foods One of the Fords' Biggest Customers" (or whoever, don't know if the Maple Leaf example is real). Seeing the names side by side would be instantly brand-tarnishing. But I can't see any papers bothering.

Newstalk1010 poll:

There's a new chapter in the feud between Mayor Rob Ford and Police Chief Bill Blair. Whose side are you on?

I'm in Ford Nation. 5.6%
I support the Chief. 89.8%
Neither. Both have to stop. 4.6%

Banning him only strengthens his case. He is still the official - and elected - mayor of Toronto. He had every right to be there. If anyone imagined a situation like ford has wrought, we'd have recall or removal legislation in place already.

It's certainly not without precedent for elected officials to be shunned from events. I don't think Robert Mugabe is welcome at the meetings of Commonwealth heads of government. And I doubt many world leaders would say nice things about Robert Mugabe if asked, even though he may still be the president of Zimbabwe. Ford is about as destructive as a municipal leader can get. What would have been so hard for the Federation of Canadian municipalities to tell Ford that since the bulk of his powers were handed to Norm Kelly, only Norm Kelly would be welcome to attend as the representative of Toronto?

I feel the same way but I really think these companies need to be aware of what they are supporting. I have no problem with writing to the addresses provided and saying I won't be using their products because of their affiliation with the Fords. It's too bad for the Deco employees if they start losing clients because of their bosses' poor behaviour but that's life.

Unless Deco is using child labour or having union organizers murdered their customers aren't going to leave because of Ford. A big multinational would never notice a few dozen people (at most) choosing to boycott their products because some of the components are sourced from Deco. Even if you suppose 25% of the population of Toronto swore off Heinz products because Heinz gets some labels from Deco (wouldn't happen in a million years) I really doubt they would notice. The only thing Deco's customers care about is a quality product at a competitive price.

No offence but those emails are going to go straight to the trash folder. It's silly to think a company like Maple Leaf Foods would think about breaking contracts and changing suppliers because of temporary municipal politics nonsense.
Not only temporary municipal politics nonsense. It's a company solely owned by a family that has over the years intersected with drugs, crime, gangs, violence, white supremacists. We just don't know the degree. And they're idiots. As more is revealed about these people I don't know why anyone would want to associate with their company. Business is about relationships, right? Can't be that hard to source labels. But then perhaps many companies and their ownership families are dirtier than we expect, so no big deal, best price wins.

Last edited:
I just listened to the audio of Rob's interview with Lorne Honickman. Rob actually believes the U.S. media is interested in Toronto's issues, he seemed offended when Lorne questioned the motives of the U.S. media. Lorne gently tried to explain to Rob that he was the butt of a joke, and Rob wouldn't believe it. Lorne pointed out that the U.S. media only asks about the drugs and bad behaviour, but Rob wasn't buying it. The disconnect from reality is complete. WOW!

I worry that the increase in public statements from the police mean they're hoping it will cause the Fords to slip because they don't have anything.

Possible but not realistic!

TPS- Giroux is not a rookie investigator. Blair is a seasoned leader who knows how to make strategic comments.

The Gumba bros, just like Don Cherry, shoot from the hip and run their mouths off without thinking. They are habitual liars with habitual rhetoric that is only intended to retaliate and bully. They are not strategic long term thinkers.

Blair's interview was not a private discussion....it was the Toronto Chief of Police making an on the record statement. Intended to get a response!

And boy did it!

The game is afoot, Watson:)

Possible but not realistic!

TPS- Giroux is not a rookie investigator. Blair is a seasoned leader who knows how to make strategic comments.

The Gumba bros, just like Don Cherry, shoot from the hip and run their mouths off without thinking. They are habitual liars with habitual rhetoric that is only intended to retaliate and bully. They are not strategic long term thinkers.

Blair's interview was not a private discussion....it was the Toronto Chief of Police making an on the record statement. Intended to get a response!

And boy did it!

The game is afoot, Watson:)

+1000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back