2.1K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 1.6K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 805     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Robin Doolittle again mentioned tonight about Rob often being MIA.

I worked for the City for 36+ years and we called it Fail To Report ( FTR ). They fired guys for that.

For the "perp walk" pool, please put me down for May 7, 2014.

Jonathan Goldsbie:
"Doug Ford calls Stephen LeDrew — the #1 asker of softball questions on TV — "biased." "

Who is next for the "biased list? Joe W?

Last edited:
I originally said by the end of March, and I'm sticking with that, with March 19th.

Either that or tomorrow, because this seems like a kettle that's boiling it's lid off right now.

Every time I leave the city, something happens. Early November? I land in San Jose and learn that Ford admits to smoking crack. January? I travel to LA and as I land I see footage of him leaping off the wagon and speaking in a Jamaican accent. I'm leaving for Jamaica (coincidentally) on March 10. I'm putting my money on a huge media event between March 10th and 20th...

Oddly - I heard from a relative who works for CBC that Deco is the supplier for the labels they use on their videotapes.

Last edited:
Well, now. This is a burbling cesspool of mangled syntax and paranoid fantasy from Doug. He's come undone. Eight months of jollity to go!

I'll pick April the first at the earliest, and November the second at the most. My woman picks April 8th at earliest, and October 7th at latest.

We like to play the spreads.

September 15. What's the rush?

I feel like the show is in danger of jumping the shark if it goes on too much longer. It's good now, but there's a real danger of it getting repetitive, and I'd like to see it go out while it's still on top, and not wear out it's welcome. I guess we'll know we're in trouble if a cute, sassy kid comes to live with Ford, or a tiny green alien only he can see starts helping him out of jams.

Actually, I'm not too certain the second one hasn't already happened.

Other that it is pure stupidity, I can't figure out why is Ford taunting Blair to arrest him? It's not as if he is a paragon of virtue -- he jaywalks, beats his wife, has been seen driving while distracted (reading papers), plus I am sure that they could easily catch driving while drunk, etc., -- I think they have just looked the other way before and he could have easily been arrested or at least fined -- so why is he now just taunting Blair to have him arrested? He better now watch out for what he is asking for.

I'm in too, I don't think he'll make to May, so I'll take April 19th, a great day for an arrest.;)

In keeping with the Shakespeare theme that came up a few pages ago, I'll take the Ides of March. "Et tu, Sandro? Then fall, Robbie".

Edit: I see now that a few people beat me to this - that's what I get for taking a few hours away from the thread.

Last edited:
I heard from a relative who works for CBC that Deco is the supplier for the labels they use on their videotapes.

There's a business opportunity for the future---videotape labels. Hopefully Deco decides to put all their other business aside to concentrate on this burgeoning industry.

Has anyone taken March 15th? Beware the ides and all that... As goes Rome, so goes the World... accept my everlasting farewell... Forever, and forever, farewell, Dumbassius!
With apologies to Shakespeare's ghost.

Can I call April 1? Although it's seemingly early, having it all break on April's Fools' Day would be perfect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back