888     2 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 792     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 583     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems weird to think of Doug as a smoker (Perks too, actually) given the whole health obsession in his family. Wikipedia says he's a vegetarian too - not sure I buy that.

I would have never thought of him as a health nut at all, just because he's so heavy.

Are there many fat vegetarians? Is that a thing?

I'm one of them. It is possible, and it is also possible to be "fat" and healthy with excellent vitals.

Ford's mouth rarely surprises but his comments singling out Augimieri had me do a double take. The comment about her not wanting to be on the board because he thought she voted against his buddy was out of line.

Are there many fat vegetarians? Is that a thing?

Probably not as many as fat meat eaters, but sure. Vegetarians can still pig out on ice cream and nachos and the like.

Although with Thug's wife and daughters being health/fitness nuts, I'm inclined to think he just has middle-aged spread/a genetic tendency to get fat, since almost everyone in that family is fat.

I don't think Sotiropoulos is a smokescreen - not only is ranting on Pride and "homosexism" (you know, all that straight-bashing gay people do), but he doesn't like culturally-targeted educational programs either:

I think that was in response to some initiative aimed at the Somali community, and I bet he's not talking about Aboriginal Canadians here. Seems he's just a sh*t human being who has lost his filter, not an intentional distraction from Ford. Wonder if any of the parents in his ward (Agincourt) have complained yet.

Ford's behaviour has opened the flood gates for this type of thing. Everyone has seen how the 'mayor' can do whatever the hell he wants, say whatever he wants and still be elected, mobbed by fans and given rock star status. Ford has allowed all of the festering hatred and bigotry to be unleashed. Expect more of this from public officials. It is the new Ford Toronto. What a fucking nightmare. Now..how can we go about getting this asshole Sam guy canned? This is a really really bad precedent to set, this unleashed hatred. I hate Ford. I really hate him.

The Most Dangerous Client? Rob Ford and Legal Ethics

Some clients are dangerous because they want to embark on a foolhardy course of action. A lawyer must sometimes be able to tell their client “noâ€. American lawyer-statesman Elihu Root is reported to have said that “[A]bout half the practice of a decent lawyer consists in telling would-be clients that they are damned fools and should stop.†This is a hard thing to do for any lawyer. It is particularly demanding when the client is powerful. It is a real challenge when the lawyer is junior or inexperienced. Paul Bernardo’s lawyer Ken Murray found himself facing obstruction of justice charges because he did not sufficiently question his client’s instructions regarding the infamous videotapes depicting Bernardo and Karla Homolka’s vicious crimes.

[...]

A lawyer cannot simply do what his or her client demands them to do. This constitutes an abdication of independence which is the core of the lawyer’s role.

At various times, Mayor Ford has revealed an alarming capacity for lack of candour and an inability to listen to the advice of those closest to him. There is no indication that these sorts of behaviours would be any different with a lawyer. This makes Ford a very dangerous client.

http://www.slaw.ca/2014/02/13/the-most-dangerous-client-rob-ford-and-legal-ethics/

and the media is bothering to tell us this...

Project Brazen 2 investigation continues; cops want to speak with Ford

http://www.citynews.ca/2014/02/13/p...ation-continues-cops-want-to-speak-with-ford/
I found this sentence from the G&M story interesting:

Detective Sergeant Gary Giroux said the residents of 15 Windsor Road – an Etobicoke bungalow which served as the backdrop for an infamous photo of Mr. Ford with a murdered man and two alleged drug dealers – have assisted police “to a certain extent.”
Trying to spook the Fords? I wonder if Ford and Lisi still meet, or if Ford suspects (as do so many online commenters) that Lisi has turned on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back