860     2 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 771     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 576     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gee, so we have to pick between the guy who presided over G20 mass arrests and some Ford-annointed cop? (Commissioner Taverner, anyone?)

Catch-2-freakin-2.

But luckily I don't think it's up to the Ford bros. Isn't the Police Services Board the decision maker in this case?

I stand to be corrected though.

Is it just me... or does Randy, ridiculous hat/boots and all, actually look the most approachable of the three?

Yes, I'm aware of the kidnapping/basement thing.

If so, I think it says more about Rob & Doug than it does about Randy.

I'm not sure I would have recognized him as Randy, but then my frame of reference is that photo of all three FoBros where he looks like a mob enforcer.

Here he looks like a guy who's had some ups and downs in life, sort of a would-be cowboy thing going on, Neil Young as a paunchy drunk guy.

I don't think Sotiropoulos is a smokescreen - not only is ranting on Pride and "homosexism" (you know, all that straight-bashing gay people do), but he doesn't like culturally-targeted educational programs either:

Sam Sotiropoulos ‏@TrusteeSam Feb 6
I think I will start a Task Force for the Success of Students of Canadian Descent at the #TDSB. I wonder if it will be controversial? #ONTed

I think that was in response to some initiative aimed at the Somali community, and I bet he's not talking about Aboriginal Canadians here. Seems he's just a sh*t human being who has lost his filter, not an intentional distraction from Ford. Wonder if any of the parents in his ward (Agincourt) have complained yet.

I don't think Sotiropoulos is a smokescreen - not only is ranting on Pride and "homosexism" (you know, all that straight-bashing gay people do), but he doesn't like culturally-targeted educational programs either:

I think that was in response to some initiative aimed at the Somali community, and I bet he's not talking about Aboriginal Canadians here. Seems he's just a sh*t human being who has lost his filter, not an intentional distraction from Ford. Wonder if any of the parents in his ward (Agincourt) have complained yet.

Just strikes me as quite sudden and extreme. Odd.

oh right, this guy:
‘I would probably end up puking in someone’s face’: Trustee mistakenly sends email to colleagues

http://globalnews.ca/news/1019603/i...trustee-mistakenly-sends-email-to-colleagues/

I dunno, honestly! It just seems bizarre, belligerently Tea Party-esque and out of nowhere. It makes so little sense for a Toronto school board trustee to be ranting literally all day long about "heterosexism" (wondering how easy it is to turf a trustee?) that I can't help questioning what's really going on here, and whether there's a connection to Ford. The brothers Ford have basically consigned themselves to a media bubble---they don't seem to exist anymore anywhere else, and seem to think their battles will be won by manipulating these channels. They clearly know how to stir the pot and do it whenever it suits them. Is that what this is?

Maybe the Ford's and their band of tea party freak conservatives are embarking on a plan to recruit and convert the young generation into a bunch of myopic, small-minded, sexist, stupid, mean-spirited assholes so that they can become the new generation of Ford Nation.

(re: TDSB trustee spouting sexist homophobic BS, and the Ford's hanging out with kids at nightclubs)

Just strikes me as quite sudden and extreme. Odd.

Trustee Sam (what's so trustworthy about him?) been a distasteful blemish on #TOpoli for quite some time. I've had my own Twitter run-in with him already (which puts me in good company with KWT and a ton of other people). I stepped back rapidly once I realised that he's basically Mammoliti by another name: rudeness as an end in and of itself; obsessed with other people's sex lives; obsession with rules and protocol while apparently trying to contravene them all at once himself; bizarre ideas appear suddenly apropos of nothing; occasional periods of lucidity followed by a roller-coaster ride of absolutely baffling invective and bluster for no apparent gain etc. etc.

I don't think it's necessarily a deliberate smokescreen ploy in cahoots with the Fords. Rather, I am torn between "Trustee Sam is experiencing a crisis" and "Trustee Sam is preparing for a run at Council on the lowest-common-denominator ticket". Maybe both (again, see Mammo).

And don't forget all that useless governance stuff like Accountability and Transparency---

StrashinCBC 4:02pm via Twitter for BlackBerry
So TCH head Gene Jones "failed to exercise proper oversight and follow board procedures" but will keep his job. Still not available to media.

oh right, this guy:
‘I would probably end up puking in someone’s face’: Trustee mistakenly sends email to colleagues

http://globalnews.ca/news/1019603/i...trustee-mistakenly-sends-email-to-colleagues/

What a bizarre piece of passive-aggressive posturing: 'I'm not coming to your event because some of my colleagues make me puke. No, I won't elaborate on that now that I've been caught saying it, and if you have a problem with what I said, then YOU are the problem'.

AFAIK his ranting about 'homosexism' began around the time @aedison was sent to an all-male detention centre.

He seems like the kind of person who actually hates school boards and became a trustee just because he thought he could do the job too and wanted to disrupt the process, while being vague and inflammatory at the same time.

ETA: Now he's arguing about the Pride flag with @ejb__, who thinks any kind of protest at the Olympics equates to supporting terrorism. I give up - there's no way I can make sense of any of that.

Last edited:
And don't forget all that useless governance stuff like Accountability and Transparency---

StrashinCBC 4:02pm via Twitter for BlackBerry
So TCH head Gene Jones "failed to exercise proper oversight and follow board procedures" but will keep his job. Still not available to media.

Hang on a minute? Didn't Ford back him 100%? Then what's your problem, Toronto? Rules are for suckers and latte-sippers.

Agree. Calling most there "douchebags" is quite unfair and uncalled for.

The 45-50+ yr. old Ford Bros. hanging with far younger at late night clubs is strange though.

Party on RoFo.!!! A sad state to see.
If we're taking a vote, I'm going to come down on the "they look like douchebags" side. I'm not really worried about hurting their feelings---I doubt anyone at that club would have any interest in checking out a thread like this.

Looking at those photos a few pages back Doug looks as big as Rob now. Too much stress? I wonder which one will have a heart event first?

Don't get Doug wrong---that's 300 lbs of raw muscle!

ASM60_vsKingpin.JPG

Attachments

• ASM60_vsKingpin.JPG
    ASM60_vsKingpin.JPG
    60.8 KB · Views: 835
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back