867     2 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 774     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 578     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. In the 1980s, the Commissos hired a biker, Cecil Kirby, to do their dirty work for them. There's lots I could say about those scumbags.
...and there was Lisa Kirbie as well. Fortunately, none are related to this Kirby:

myplushkirby.jpg

or to Kirby Road in Vaughan.

I don't like the way just any drunk can throw their arm around the Mayor.

In 36+ years of service with the City I was only photographed once with the Chairman when I was sworn in, and once with the Mayor when I retired.

Both were very formal and special occasions to me. This mayor makes a mockery of that. I am so happy that I retired before he was elected.

Ah, but you see, he's a "man of the people"!

New topic: anyone else suspect that this Sam Sotiropoulos idiot burning up Twitter right now is just providing a smokescreen?

TDSB Trustee Sam Sotiropoulos: "Just say no to Homomania!"

How, the fuck, did this guy become a TDSB trustee?!

I used to see the Ford bros at the 7/11 all the time at Royal York Plaza (it's gone now). Rob would get a jumbo pop every night after returning from city hall. I'd say Rob comes across as shy and awkward (when he's sober), Doug seems to have a huge chip on his shoulder (even before I knew anything about him I used to think who does this guy think he is?), and Randy seems like a weirdo.

This has been bugging me for a long time. Doug claims to have built up the US business for Deco. But seeing what he's like and how he operates in the last few years, I really have a problem to see how. Maybe there is a whole different side of him but I doubt that too. Tigers can't change their stripes, or however the saying goes!

If they were out campaigning, shouldn't there be a rule against Ford handing out his official Mayor business cards? That's city property that we paid for. I am not okay with paying for his campaigning.

Are you alluding to the smokescreen? What is the smokescreen obscuring other than the usual Ford BS?

I dunno, honestly! It just seems bizarre, belligerently Tea Party-esque and out of nowhere. It makes so little sense for a Toronto school board trustee to be ranting literally all day long about "heterosexism" (wondering how easy it is to turf a trustee?) that I can't help questioning what's really going on here, and whether there's a connection to Ford. The brothers Ford have basically consigned themselves to a media bubble---they don't seem to exist anymore anywhere else, and seem to think their battles will be won by manipulating these channels. They clearly know how to stir the pot and do it whenever it suits them. Is that what this is?

Looking at those photos a few pages back Doug looks as big as Rob now. Too much stress? I wonder which one will have a heart event first?

So what do you guys think about renewing Blair's contract (if he wants to stay on)? I know even though he was Miller's guy people on the left are no fan of his for various reasons. But, on the other hand if his contract isn't renewed the Fords will claim it as a victory and look to install a Ford-friendly chief.

Gee, so we have to pick between the guy who presided over G20 mass arrests and some Ford-annointed cop? (Commissioner Taverner, anyone?)

Catch-2-freakin-2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back