1.1K     0 
News   Jun 24, 2024
 902     0 
News   Jun 24, 2024
 566     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's like the guy doesn't understand that politics is about being graceful in these kind of situations.

And the media doesn't understand how petty they can be and how these are NOT real issues important to governing Toronto. Look at his track record on policy, not talking on the phone.

hawc:

He has a record on policy? Like what, promising not to cut services, guaranteed? You are definitely right that we should look at track records.

Attacked on the driveway? Please, spare us the drama. Wonder what his bud Don Cherry would have to say about that.

AoD

Last edited:
The more I think about it, maybe Rob Ford or his handlers set up the CBC:

Leak a fake story that he verbally abused the dispatchers, then come clean that he did swear when talking to them, but did not abuse them. Since the police won't release the tapes, there is no way to prove otherwise.

Now at the end of the day, CBC has egg on their face and is discredited. As for Rob Ford, well, this is how he usually acts, so yeah.

Ford has a record on policy?

1) Vehicle registration tax scrapped
2) TTC made essential service
3) Garbage privatized
4) Run the city with money that's there instead of taking the easy way out and raising taxes

Of course, if you loved the vehicle registration tax, unpredictable TTC strikes leaving you stranded, having to drop your garabage off in dumps in public parks and tax hikes every year then I guess Rob Ford is a disaster.

And the media doesn't understand how petty they can be and how these are NOT real issues important to governing Toronto.

I dunno....what these kind of incidents reveal about his character do reflect on his ability to govern.

Look at his track record on policy, not talking on the phone.

We do...and that's even more depressing.

I think we need to stop and cringe at his utter buffoonery sometimes, to take our minds off some of the more serious damage he is actually doing to the city we love.

1) Vehicle registration tax scrapped

Taking $60 million off revenues with no idea how to make up for it. Real smart.

2) TTC made essential service

Which will most assuredly lead to a huge arbitrated wage settlement for union members over the next couple of months.

3) Garbage privatized

In one part of the city.

4) Run the city with money that's there instead of taking the easy way out and raising taxes

So far, he's run the city off more than $300 million left over in surplus dollars and other new revenues by the Miller administration. Let's see how he does going into 2012, now that he's blown through all that cash.

Of course, if you loved the vehicle registration tax, unpredictable TTC strikes leaving you stranded, having to drop your garabage off in dumps in public parks and tax hikes every year then I guess Rob Ford is a disaster.

Property taxes need to be "hiked" every year to keep pace with inflationary pressures. To not do so is irresponsible.

1) While you are X million in the hole, supposedly
2) With the understanding that essential service designation translates into higher premiums
3) With a what, potentially 9 year contract with unknown outcomes
4) We'll see just how the mayor will balance this year's budget - using last year's surplus.

I suppose if you like your bus getting even more packed, less transit service, a police budget cut that was really a raise and public parks and public areas looking more like a dump, then yeah, Rob Ford is a disaster.

AoD

Doug Ford has said that Rob Ford called 911 three times. Toronto Star.

“He was polite on the first two calls. The second time he gets a different dispatcher and then the third time a dispatcher called back with a little attitude, ‘We’re going to treat you like anyone else’, but Rob never asked for special treatment, and then he says, “This is f---ing ridiculous.

“Should he have sworn? No, he shouldn’t have sworn, but he did not say these things CBC is spinning. I know that for a fact.”

Asked if he had listened to the tape, and how he knew for a fact what was said, Doug Ford repeated: “I know that for a fact. Trust me.”

I dunno....what these kind of incidents reveal about his character do reflect on his ability to govern.

Funny that's exactly what Republicans said about Clinton when he was having his affair.

History has shown Clinton was a great two term president, but Republicans were all, "Character, character, character"

Funny to see the left playing that card now.

LOL, comparing Rob Ford to Bill Clinton? I think you should be comparing him to Richard Nixon instead. Giving a BJ is a private matter that one shouldn't have asked any questions about unless it's an issue around the abuse of power; abusing a member of the public service is a publie one.

AoD

LOL, comparing Rob Ford to Bill Clinton? I think you should be comparing him to Richard Nixon instead. Giving a BJ is a private matter that one shouldn't have asked any questions about unless it's an issue around the abuse of power; abusing a member of the public service is a publie one.

Character, character, character....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back