579     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 554     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 688     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree w SFO - you don't play with bullies by being nice. You grab them by the balls, shove them against the wall and teach them a lesson they will never, ever forget.

AoD

Last edited:
OT but in the Ford Sr. park dedication ceremony wth is Nunziata wearing. Everyone else is spiffied up and she looks like she was out for a jog.

I found it interesting that 'Forgotten's' post wasn't addressed for several pages. I think no one knew what to make of it - it was too delusional to rip apart, yet too earnest to make you not at least want to stare at it for awhile.

I think most people know what Forgotten's all about so his post didn't really warrant response.

About the "Hate the War on Ford" Fb. That guy followed me on twitter and I blocked him immediately. He is nuts.

About the "Hate the War on Ford" Fb. That guy followed me on twitter aInd I blocked him immediately. He is nuts.

I took a look. That page just causes a horrible gut feeling of exasperation and anger at the stupid. They really have a hate on for Norm Kelly.

she's directly under the word "Park" in the sign
088726f545b2b8611cba4bf15bed.jpeg

the way I see it left to right: DoFo daughter; Mikey, Renata holding Doug Jr; Rob; Diane; don't know who the woman is next to Diane; one of the little kids standing is Rob's daughter; Kathy; DoFo daughter; DoFo daughter; Randy and Doug's wife behind the two teen girls; then Doug; then the guy barely visible lurking behind Doug.

ya, in the video Kathy's constantly blocked by the DoFo daughter fussing with the dog.

Guy behind Doug in that photo is Scott, isn't it?

Seriously, is this board trying not to be sexist, our should I save my time and clear out now?

If you find a post to be offensive, do report it (the triangle and exclamation mark icon). It will usually get seen quickly by a mod. I get what Roy G Biv was joking about but I agree that it is offensive.

Last edited:
Dewart Gleason is representing MacIntyre. Looks like they think they will be able to examine RoFo under oath.......and looking forward to it!! I am too!

Brian Norris ‏@bri_norris 18h
@dewartgleason I suspect your followers count may see a nice uptick after issuing that Claim. Do you think you'll get Ford in an EUO?
Reply Retweet Favorite More Details
User Actions
Follow

Dewart Gleason LLP
‏@dewartgleason
A licence plate tells us he's ours to discover. #TOpoli MT @bri_norris: Will you get to question #RobFord under oath? pic.twitter.com/2ryikQOzp1
Reply Retweet Favorite More

If the suit proceeds that far, MacIntyre's lawyer will get to examine Ford for discovery under oath. If the suit proceeds to trial his lawyer will get to cross-examine Ford under oath.

In the simplest terms, the core steps in a civil suit in Ontario are:

Statement of Claim.

Statement of Defence.

Reply to Statement of Defence (optional - plaintiff will often not bother).

Documentary discovery (includes electronic records, etc.) - each party must provide a list of all possibly relevant documents it holds or controls and the documents themselves (except any that are privileged, such as solicitor-client communications about legal advice and preparation for litigation).

Examination for discovery - oral testimony by each party, under questioning by the other party's lawyer, basically about what they say the story is (in essence, designed to prevent the trial, if things get that far, being a trial by ambush - that is, turning on arguments or evidence concealed until trial).

Pre-trial mediation - an attempt, assisted by a judge not otherwise involved with the case, to get the parties to settle the matter, or at least to cut down on the need for trial time by coming to agreement on some of the issues.

Trial.

Along the way, there may be pre-trial motions to the judge on various subjects (e.g., if there is disagreement about whether a question asked on discovery is relevant to the case, and so must be answered, or not.

Last edited:
Adam Vaughan is a very smart and articulate guy with a pretty solid take on things in my view.

He's a NIMBY and 'votes with his gut' too much, in my opinion. He's not grounded enough to be able to take a step back and evaluate the evidence, he says and acts on the first thing that comes to mind.

I do like his quips and he's a smart fellow but gosh I would never vote for him.

If the suit proceeds that far, MacIntyre's lawyer will get to examine Ford for discovery under oath. If the suit proceeds to trial his lawyer will get to cross-examine Ford under oath.

In the simplest terms, the core steps in a civil suit in Ontario are:
Along the way, there may be pre-trial motions to the judge on various subjects (e.g. if there is disagreement about whether a question asked on discovery is relevant to the case, and so must be answered, or not.
And the time between each step can drag on. Unless there is a settlement, this will go on for quite a while.

I would love the read the transcripts of the examination for discovery. The reporter writes exactly what is said. I was reading one for work that transcribed what my boss said. Had her vocal ticks and all. I could hear her in my head, even though I wasn't present for the examination. Ford's words in writing will look even more ridiculous than they sound out of his mouth.

There is a good, simple (but more discursive than my point forms) summary at:

http://www.attorneygeneral.jus.gov.on.ca/english/courts/civil/suing_and_being_sued_7.asp

One of the current leading texts on civil suit procedure in Ontario estimates that the median time it takes for a suit to get to the trial stage is 2 years. (Of course, that is only a median; I can quickly think of some that took 3, 5 and even upwards of 7 years to get to trial.)

Last edited:
Where did you get this info from?

That is not correct, it seems. It is mentioned in the Globe & Mail story on their interview with MacIntyre that he would not cooperate:

In his interview with The Globe, Mr. MacIntyre said that he was never interviewed by anyone from Toronto police.

In an e-mailed statement, the Ministry of Correctional Services said police were not contacted because “the individual in question refused to co-operate in any investigation.”

Other reports differ a bit. Some seem to say that the police decided to drop looking into the beating because the victim would not cooperate and others seem to agree with the Globe that the beating was not reported to the police at all. None of the articles I have read (not pretending I have seen all) seem to suggest that MacIntyre ever put forward to MWDC staff anything about the assault being commissioned by Ford or Payman M[insert current last name here].

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back