36     0 
News   Jun 18, 2024
 286     0 
News   Jun 17, 2024
 1.1K     3 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too bad this didn't surface closer to the election. Unfortunately in 9 months time lots of people won't care or remember and will vote for him. I still can't believe how many stupid people there are in Toronto.

At least you said "vote for him" rather than "elect him". And of course, that's presuming nothing else (uh, yeah, as if) happens in those nine months. (Not just in his personal circumstance, but in others standing as palatable alternatives.)

In reality, while message-board trolldom stands as a smokescreen, the hard core will increasingly appear like Michael Jackson diehards.

"In the second file’s accompanying text the Youtube user appears to reference the first video, saying “Rob Ford was there no matter what anyone says but when I saw him he was not drunk and he was not even drinking, he was sitting with a friend and respectable.â€

so...he was sober, then he met Lisi, and shortly thereafter he's acting inebriated. interesting.

Watch out Poles.

- Pole (pl)
n.
1. A native or inhabitant of Poland.
2. A person of Polish descent.

- Roncesvalles, Toronto: Culturally, the area is known as the centre of the Polish community in Toronto

Re the "wrap around a pole" comment, I was thinking of something involving Renata's neck and Rob's hands.

I just can't stop wondering what the hell was he thinking? It almost seems like it was staged. Or is he actually that stupid. It's just so strange.

Imagine how debased your judgement must be to look up to Ford the way Warmington does. *shudder*

I saw that, thought how can there not be a fake Warmington on Twitter? Thought confirmed ...

Joe Wormington ‏@joe_wormington 3h
Cripes @TOMayorFrod, I’ll need to learn paragraphs to spin this one. Paragraphs! #TOPoli

PARAGRAPHS!!

Satire aside, it's depressing but not at all surprising that sometime in 2014 Rob Ford would be videoed, in public, severely altered by some substance. It's mildly surprising that it happened as early as mid-January.

What I cannot get my head around is the sheer weirdness of Rob Ford. The guy in the video seems like some off-the-rails art-school animation project.

I just can't stop wondering what the hell was he thinking? It almost seems like it was staged. Or is he actually that stupid. It's just so strange.

Yeah, exactly. Humans are flawed, sometimes severely and tragically. That explains most political scandals, but barely scratches the surface of why Rob Ford rolls the way he does.

I wonder if Doug will talk to reporters tomorrow. Will Rob have another presser? And will he be on the Washington radio station Thursday?

[video=youtube;-b5afRiez28]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b5afRiez28#t=21[/video]

http://winniecooper.net/2014/01/times-neue-roman-got-high-with-rob-ford/

That's pretty cool. Production values and editing are pretty good. Track, too. Glad to see a Toronto, or the idea of one, like this still exists. Reminded of the old Liberty Village before it became Disneyland. Makes one wonder if the Ford injection anecdotal or the graffito masks are just conceptual affectation/props. Plus, 2012!

Last edited:
Too bad this didn't surface closer to the election. Unfortunately in 9 months time lots of people won't care or remember and will vote for him. I still can't believe how many stupid people there are in Toronto.

Meh. They're all there, forever, sparkling in eternity like wish stars. And any interested, active individual can compile and edit these video blurps and chronologically label them into perfectly effectual electoral agit-prop. Whether such product gets noticed, and if so, effects outcome in any way, that's a different story

Residents of Roncesvalles will be walking a little farther away from the curb these days.

Sorry? The only time he shows up is to plump during the Polish Fest. What should we look out for, Escalade aside?

Edit: MIssed the explanation. Ha-ha.

Last edited:
I wonder if Doug will talk to reporters tomorrow. Will Rob have another presser? And will he be on the Washington radio station Thursday?

There's no football picks for him to make this week - so probably not

The video was posted to YouTube on Tuesday afternoon. Two men tried to sell it to the Star and other media for $7,500 earlier in the day. The men told a Star reporter the late-night antics of the mayor at Steak Queen in Rexdale was evidence Ford still hung out with Lisi; that Ford was not true to his claim of having stopped drinking; and that he had driven intoxicated to the restaurant.

[...]

Lisi’s bail conditions do not prevent him from seeing Ford, though in Lisi’s upcoming criminal case the mayor may be called to testify.

[...]

At City Hall, councillors said they had indications recently that Ford was abusing substances again, but hoped they were wrong.

[...]

The Star was also approached Tuesday by a man who saw and videotaped Ford at a local Tim Hortons at 11 p.m., before the Steak Queen visit. The man said Ford was incoherent and rambling at that location as well.

http://www.thestar.com/news/city_ha..._shows_mayor_rambling_slurring_his_words.html

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back